Hi-Metal R

joppewo

This will be my 3rd ever valkyrie from  HMR... If i don't miss the PO. I do have the enemy mecha, and i wish i had any of the destroyers, specially the Konig monster :(

I guess i never was able to let go of the 1/48, so room is a thing for me, at the moment.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, and i do love everyone's collection, but man SH9000 has such an impressive HMR collection, it is breath talking.

Oh, i forgot, i do have a 4th Valkyrie, if i count the VF-2SS.

25 minutes ago, onnasake said:

Guys, I'm still a newbie when it comes to most of this stuff.

Does this mean that SHF Spike from Cowboy Bebop is some kind of rare hard to order exclusive??

The items listed here are for general release.

https://tamashii.jp/special/pickup/201904sbkv/

Meaning that the HMR VF-1D, SHF Spike, and the other two will be available for pre-order from most on-line shops.

If the figure/toy is popular, pre-orders can sell out quickly, hence pre-order madness. The good news for general release items is that there is a fair chance that there will be more stock on release day if you miss the pre-order. Hope that helps!

Tempted by the VF-2.. I really like the scale of the HMR’s for display and stuffing into storage. Lol. 

The HMR VF-4 is a for sure. Always loved that design!

It WAS the holy grail for a while back when Yamato produced it in 1/60. It’s still amongst my prized vaks. My evolution VF-2 on the other hand..not so loved. My  Yammy VF-11c is nicer I think. 

Edited by Bolt

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

This will be my 3rd ever valkyrie from  HMR... If i don't miss the PO. I do have the enemy mecha, and i wish i had any of the destroyers, specially the Konig monster :(

I guess i never was able to let go of the 1/48, so room is a thing for me, at the moment.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, and i do love everyone's collection, but man SH9000 has such an impressive HMR collection, it is breath talking.

Hobby Link Japan still has Monsters for 10% off retail. https://hlj.com/hi-metal-r-hwr-00-mkii-destroid-monster-bann05211

Nippon-Yasan has the Spartan and Defender for near retail https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/19715-hi-metal-r-mbr-07-mkii-destroid-spartan.html https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/20537-hi-metal-r-adr-04-mkx-destroid-defender.html

Shipping for the Monster is going to hurt just so you know.

9 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Thanks!  When the HMR line started and I saw that there were Destroids and enemy mecha that go well with the Valkyries, I wanted to build a little universe.  I love this line.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:30 PM, borgified said:

Like the song done by Digable Planets: The Rebirth of Slick,  a quote from one of their lyrics - "I'm cool with that". 8)

I see that you, too, are a man of culture. 

8 hours ago, Sildani said:

I see that you, too, are a man of culture. 

As per a lyric from Blackstreet's song: No Diggity - "No Diggity, no doubt." ;)

On 11/24/2018 at 4:51 AM, vlenhoff said:

I'm sure that you could still get the VF-1d if you miss the pre-order madness on December 3rd morning in some way.

For those who are participating in the VF-1d pre-orders, I think that HLJ and Amiami website will still have glitches after the VF-4 pre-orders (or possibly not). 

Get ready in a week guys (and also @Shizuka the Cat if you're getting it). :)

11 minutes ago, borgified said:

As per a lyric from Blackstreet's song: No Diggity - "No Diggity, no doubt." ;)

I'm sure that you could still get the VF-1d if you miss the pre-order madness on December 3rd morning in some way.

For those who are participating in the VF-1d pre-orders, I think that HLJ and Amiami website will still have glitches after the VF-4 pre-orders (or possibly not). 

Get ready in a week guys (and also @Shizuka the Cat if you're getting it). :)

I have a term paper on reducing the time spent performing Poisson surface reconstruction in Microsoft's free-viewpoint video production pipeline that is due at 11:59pm on December 3rd. 

So, will I likely be awake during pre-order madness? You bet I will be!  Will I be ordered the VF-1D? I'll likely order 2!

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

42 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B07F3FHHY4/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The VF-2SS Nexx is currently available for 8908 JPY.

That's really tempting. I was really looking forward to this release until Bandai screwed up and gave us the wrong pilot. I know it's a very minor thing to be upset about but I just really can't stand Hibiki lol.

37 minutes ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

That's really tempting. I was really looking forward to this release until Bandai screwed up and gave us the wrong pilot. I know it's a very minor thing to be upset about but I just really can't stand Hibiki lol.

I saw the price and considered getting another, then saw that and decided I didn't like the HMR VF-2SS enough to shell out for a second one and a second pilot figure to repaint. I'll save my funds for the DX 1J next month.

Still waiting for my first one. Shipping mistake on Amiami's part delayed it by a few days. <_<

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

Doesn’t even look like a 1/100 in those pics. It has the presence of a bigger scale toy.

If I can get enough duplicate decal sets, I want to do up all my HMRs in a similar fashion.  Tiny markings can make a huge difference.  ^_^

6 minutes ago, tekering said:

If I can get enough duplicate decal sets, I want to do up all my HMRs in a similar fashion.  Tiny markings can make a huge difference.  ^_^

As well as matte topcoat! I think I‘ll try this on my Defender Destroid, too.

Edited by CrossAir

7 hours ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Did you coated the whole thing or just the decals?

I sprayed a thin, even coat over all the armor parts once the decals had dried.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Should do a panel wash while you're at it. :)

I think the inscribed panel lines on the HMRs are too thick, and panel-lining would betray the scale... at least, using conventional paints.  A very sharp 2B pencil might work, though...  

4 hours ago, Sandman said:

Does the Nexx Vf-2ss really come with Honolulu instead of Nexx? Jeez not only does Hibiki steal his girl, he’s now stealing his Valk.

Yep, comes with Hibiki instead of Nexx. Either Bandai screwed up royal on that or it's a hint of a SNN Valk coming out. 

49 minutes ago, tekering said:

I think the inscribed panel lines on the HMRs are too thick, and panel-lining would betray the scale... at least, using conventional paints.  A very sharp 2B pencil might work, though...  

They are too big for the scale. Even on the larger scale valks I use a mechanical pencil for a lot of lining to make them thin as possible. 

8 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Yep, comes with Hibiki instead of Nexx. Either Bandai screwed up royal on that or it's a hint of a SNN Valk coming out. 

It's Bandai. They screwed up. :pardon: