Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Nostalgia powers up most if not all the buying patterns of the customer. Too bad that only a few would appreciate all the HMR release series. Heck, slapping Macross on an item isn't a sure hit.

Dougram is a classic so yes, it sold well. TechnoPolice(BBCrisis progenitor by Artmic) not so much. The Destroids, though cool, well, not as cool as the Valks. Maybe BW should do another anime to get them to sell, focusing on the Destroid as a side story in the original SDF Macross universe.

Does anyone know when the vf-4 transformation was designed?  I was a wee kid when I watched flashback but I don’t remember it showing battroid or gerwalk mode.   I think it was just a flyby the bridge of the sdf.  I thought it was just a jet back then.  

The newer vf31 and vf25 designs seem similar in the cockpit transformation.  The zero su looks very similar (although I don’t know the transformation) of the vf-4.  

Havent been on this forum for a while.  This valk looks very interesting, but did they release a tomahawk yet?   

I know im late but previous hmt releases didn’t seem hard to get.  Is this a really popular mech? Or are hmr like dx chogokin craze?

The Tomo hasn't been released yet. There's a prototype, but no release date. Apparently it's gonna take some time despite being the favorite Destroid for most fans.

As for the VF-4 transformation design, I'm sure other members can answer that better than me, but I'm pretty sure it was made way before Frontier.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

The VF-4 in FlashBack 2012 never transformed.  I believe there was no transformation of a VF-4 until one of the video games.  I honestly don't remember which one.  Finally, based on PO madness, this turned out to be surprisingly popular.   Then again, the VF-2  turned out to be very popular as well.

So thread moves faster than me. I just learned about the VF-4 variants. I have one of the FB2012 VF-4s on preorder but if they release a Max I'd be sorely tempted to cancel to get that instead.... but it sounds like some think these variants might not really happen? I want to wait for a bonafide preorder date before making any rash decisions. At the very least I won't be unhappy to stick with the FB2012 model... but I don't have the disposable income for multiples and several types so I am really wondering now, heh.

1 hour ago, Master Dex said:

So thread moves faster than me. I just learned about the VF-4 variants. I have one of the FB2012 VF-4s on preorder but if they release a Max I'd be sorely tempted to cancel to get that instead.... but it sounds like some think these variants might not really happen? I want to wait for a bonafide preorder date before making any rash decisions. At the very least I won't be unhappy to stick with the FB2012 model... but I don't have the disposable income for multiples and several types so I am really wondering now, heh.

Get the default one. You won't regret it!

Take anything shown at Tamashii Nations without a confirmed release info with a grain of salt.  If you really like the Max variant more than the FB2012 and it does get released,  you could probably sell it to fund the other one.

Edited by wmkjr

2 hours ago, Master Dex said:

One thing you can probably bet on is you won’t know if another version is coming until after this first one is released. 

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

One thing you can probably bet on is you won’t know if another version is coming until after this first one is released. 

Because Bandai is smart enough to not sabotage their own sales. Imagine how much the VF-2SS would have shelf-warmed if people had known there would be a second one?

11 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

This is my current fear with the line.  As much as we enjoy the non-valks, they just haven't done well, so we are clearly in the minority (when compared to the greater macross/toy-buying market).  So Bandai has basically zero incentive to give us the non-valk mechs we want.

I personally wouldn't mind subsidizing a lower run of the destroids and enemy mechas by paying a bit more for them, and I'm sure several others here feel the same, but there isn't really a way to communicate that to Bandai.  And I don't know if us paying an extra 10-15% more would be enough.

I'd be willing to pay a lot more than 10 -15% extra for a classic Zentradi mecha.

After the Nexx the only valkyirie of interest to me would be  a DX Chogokin  VF-1S 1/48.

Edited by Podtastic

52 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

There are 6 in this shot.  How many were there in total?

... you mean the total seen in FB2012, or how many VF-4's were produced?

I thought the VF-4 replaced the VF-1 in Front-line-service across the UN Spacy, so thousands lol

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Take anything shown at Tamashii Nations without a confirmed release info with a grain of salt.  If you really like the Max variant more than the FB2012 and it does get released,  you could probably sell it to fund the other one.

Fair point. I'll consider than plan B. With A being just planning to stick with the current order.

35 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I figured as much somehow.

Yeah, I'll stick with the current preorder and worry about future versions once they for sure exist. I'm happy to just finally have a VF-4.

14 hours ago, beatsing said:

Does anyone know when the vf-4 transformation was designed?  I was a wee kid when I watched flashback but I don’t remember it showing battroid or gerwalk mode.   I think it was just a flyby the bridge of the sdf.  I thought it was just a jet back then.  

The newer vf31 and vf25 designs seem similar in the cockpit transformation.  The zero su looks very similar (although I don’t know the transformation) of the vf-4.  

The VF-4 actually has two very different battroid modes and transformations. The more common modern version has a slight anachronistic feel since it was probably finished long after the fighter mode was designed. You can read a short history here:

http://www.collectiondx.com/blog/vf5ss/brief_history_vf4039s_design

(It could also be noted that the VF-X-4 experimental fighter received another transformation in Robotech (there renamed YF-4). All in all, the VF-4 family of designs has one of the most interesting real-world design histories in my opinion.) 

7 hours ago, Lorindor said:

The VF-4 actually has two very different battroid modes and transformations. The more common modern version has a slight anachronistic feel since it was probably finished long after the fighter mode was designed. You can read a short history here:

(It could also be noted that the VF-X-4 experimental fighter received another transformation in Robotech (there renamed YF-4). All in all, the VF-4 family of designs has one of the most interesting real-world design histories in my opinion.) 

Thanks for the link! So SK lost his notes on this fighter huh?  What a storied past indeed.

18 hours ago, slide said:

... you mean the total seen in FB2012, or how many VF-4's were produced?

I thought the VF-4 replaced the VF-1 in Front-line-service across the UN Spacy, so thousands lol

The total seen.  They’ll look good displayed and flying together in Fighter mode.

13 hours ago, Lorindor said:

Thanks!  so the zero Sukhoi and the vf25 and vf31 are likely later designs, and the cockpit area transformations probably based on it.  Since the original valks' cockpit area is pretty static, it doesn't seem to have a successor mech design. 

This makes me want to order this hmr even more!

11 hours ago, Graham said:

Damn, NY cancelled my VF-2SS Nexx order.

I forgot today was the deadline to pay :(

same...i missed the pay by X date email....didn't know they moved up the release date too.  oh well...its availble on cdj still but for more money than NY of course.  not sure i still want it enough anymore....hmmm.

13 hours ago, jvmacross said:

bclubv22a.jpg

Nice pic.

Regarding deadlines to pay for preorders, including HMR preorders, I have a note file on my phone that I always update when I make a preorder.  I put the time I preordered for reference, where I placed the preorder, and the date I have to pay by.

Forgot about the payment due for the VF-2SS Nexx...had 2 PO's at NY....asked if I could still pay for them, they told me to "open a ticket"...;)

I had a third at AmiAmi, so I guess maybe 1 will have to do.....I went ahead and opened the ticket to see what they say....I'm guessing they may not want to pass up the opportunity to jack up the price on both of them considering all of the VF-31A's they have had to sell in the past year at below current market prices.....Never Surrender Macross World!!! :lol:

I will buy them from NY if "mine" get listed on their site at the original PO price...otherwise, they can keep them! :rolleyes:

So Nexx's comes with Nexx and Hibiki figures? If they ever made the SNN valkyrie I'd flip. My Nexx is combined order with the ET Legioss Jota...will be a while before I see it.

I wish they'd do static ships in another line. Ghosts, fan racer, lancer 2, gnerl, other non-transforming fighters.