Hi-Metal R

joppewo

18 hours ago, sh9000 said:

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=282820399114369&id=232383547421823

Awesome HMR hangar.  Also I didn’t realize that the Fext Hobby display pieces can accomodate the GBP and Super/Strike Parts.  That’s cool.

B5DECBEB-D04C-494F-9239-400A4E787F12.png.be9e6bcb23def7a8ba6d2ceb207eb685.png

180C869D-DBBD-436B-85F4-2A39E5DF99BA.jpeg.a472de4d7da9e56a6162cce5e0c67cc2.jpeg

They must be option parts to the display stands that FEXT is planning or something, those aren't the normal leg and arm connectors for the stand that comes with the OWL.

On Friday, August 31, 2018 at 12:09 PM, tekering said:

Heads up, guys.  R2KF's re-pop of Moscato Models' "Kamujin" resin figure scales perfectly with HMR.  :D

1320275387_UNSpacyscale.thumb.jpg.50fe6bb8c94fae1dfe447ea778a497e2.jpg

At least, as depicted in the anime...

1663087220_Zentraediscale.thumb.jpg.d0f8283c3c70ee543a13bb8f1f4a8658.jpg

...as unrealistic as that may be.  :p

Couldnt resist getting a few myself (going to repurpose some into standard heavy armour troopers).

7 hours ago, jenius said:

They must be option parts to the display stands that FEXT is planning or something, those aren't the normal leg and arm connectors for the stand that comes with the OWL.

Bummer.  If they’re not released then I’ll try to make it work.  I like how they look.

I’ve popped the right foot to the lower notch.  I’m trying to loosen it by working it back and forth.  It still doesn’t rotate back much.  

The inside side has a little notch.  On the left foot the notch actually touchs the grey plastic when fully rotated.  The right doesn’t.

any more suggestions?

thanks

14 hours ago, hachi said:

HLJ has now started sell pre-owned items.

Pre-Owned (Condition:A) Bandai HI-METAL R VF-1S Valkyrie 35 Years Anniversary Color

https://hlj.com/product/POW-1-BANN16164

Pre-Owned (Condition:A) Bandai HI-METAL R Glaug

https://hlj.com/product/POW-1-BANN04090

Very interesting. I wonder where this pre-owned stock is coming from.

On 9/1/2018 at 6:06 PM, beatsing said:

Hi,

just got my ostrich.  

The right foot heel doesn’t rotate as much as the left foot towards the rear.  See the photos.  

So it has diffulty standing in the batroid amd a hard time in gerwalk.  

Do you guys know how to fix the right foot heel?

thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 9/1/2018 at 6:31 PM, beatsing said:

Hi, yes both are fully extended.  the heel can rotate to close up for flight mode and can open but doesn't rotate as far back as the other.  it rotates forward ok though.

On 9/1/2018 at 7:19 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Mine had the same issue, it was just sticky and needed more force. Fold the foot together and push on it.

On 9/2/2018 at 3:49 AM, Big s said:

So far all the right feet on my hmr vf1’s have been tight. They all felt like they may be stuck. After poping the foot to the lower notch I was able to loosen it by working the joint. This has only been on the right side for me.

Include me on experiencing this particular right-foot issue.

Just got my second VT-1 today, and true enough, the right foot (or actually, right heel) cannot go further back in contrast with the left foot.

Checked my first one, and yup. Same issue.

Dammit!  :angry:

14 hours ago, beatsing said:

I’ve popped the right foot to the lower notch.  I’m trying to loosen it by working it back and forth.  It still doesn’t rotate back much.  

The inside side has a little notch.  On the left foot the notch actually touchs the grey plastic when fully rotated.  The right doesn’t.

any more suggestions?

thanks

Tried the same, but no progress. 

Don't want to force the issue any further, as it seems liable to break off completely.

Tragically, if so.

Guess both mine will just have to be sorta limpygimpy now when in the preferred GERWALK mode... :(

32 minutes ago, amptor said:

I got four VT-1 Super Ostriches in the mail today so now I have five on-hand.  Waiting for the remaining 5 to come.

10? Wow! Let's hope your 10 VT-1's doesn't have the problem posted above. Hope it's just a tight feet joint on this release.

Edited by no3Ljm

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

10? Wow! Let's hope your 10 VT-1's doesn't have the problem posted above. Hope it's just a tight feet joint on this release.

I always get downvoted for supporting the hobby.  Smh.  Anyway, 10 is my limit per valk that I buy right now but usually I buy one of each.  I am not sure how many of the next releases I will buy probably one of each.  If for some oddball reason they release another strike valkyrie or armored valkyrie (I highly doubt that will happen) I'll definitely buy a bunch.

I've had the tight rear foot issue on a couple of my HMR VF-1s. I can't remember exactly which ones, but I think it's only been on a couple of my VF-1A CFs. I just lived with it,since it didn't seem to want to loosen beyond a certain point. I'll have to go back and look at it again. I haven't opened my either of my VT-1s yet.

So @amptor, why do you like to buy so many of certain valks? I can definitely understand reasons for getting multiples (keep MISB, open for display, "just in case", etc) and of course for army-building (like with the CF) but 10 seems like a lot. Not judging, of course. Just curious.

3 hours ago, amptor said:

I always get downvoted for supporting the hobby.  Smh.  Anyway, 10 is my limit per valk that I buy right now but usually I buy one of each.  I am not sure how many of the next releases I will buy probably one of each.  If for some oddball reason they release another strike valkyrie or armored valkyrie (I highly doubt that will happen) I'll definitely buy a bunch.

11 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I've had the tight rear foot issue on a couple of my HMR VF-1s. I can't remember exactly which ones, but I think it's only been on a couple of my VF-1A CFs. I just lived with it,since it didn't seem to want to loosen beyond a certain point. I'll have to go back and look at it again. I haven't opened my either of my VT-1s yet.

So @amptor, why do you like to buy so many of certain valks? I can definitely understand reasons for getting multiples (keep MISB, open for display, "just in case", etc) and of course for army-building (like with the CF) but 10 seems like a lot. Not judging, of course. Just curious.

Me too. Would like to know why 10? Army building?

On 9/1/2018 at 8:06 PM, beatsing said:

Hi,

just got my ostrich.  

The right foot heel doesn’t rotate as much as the left foot towards the rear.  See the photos.  

So it has diffulty standing in the batroid amd a hard time in gerwalk.  

Do you guys know how to fix the right foot heel?

thanks

image.jpg

I have two VT-1's and both with the same issue. 

On 8/31/2018 at 11:32 PM, Roy Focker said:

After 9 days I finally get a status update on my VT-1.  It was stuck in customs for 9 days.  A small box containing a plastic toy from a friendly country was stuck in customs for 9 days.

Mine was 19 days. Same old same old  all over the world I guess.:wacko:

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

I have two VT-1's and both with the same issue. 

+1

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I think @amptor mentioned that he liked the design of the VE-1 and VT-1.

Yeah, I'm basically just hoarding them.  I do like the design but I also really like the strike, armored, and of course the VF-1A Hikaru (they really need to make a super VF-1A Max imho but I favor the Hikaru anyways)

11 minutes ago, jenius said:

Bandai should take a page out of Takara's book and do a VT-1+ release that is 100% faithful to the original Hi-Metal 1/55 VT-1. It should be white and orange with a black head.

That would be pretty.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Bandai should take a page out of Takara's book and do a VT-1+ release that is 100% faithful to the original Hi-Metal 1/55 VT-1. It should be white and orange with a black head.

Ooo you mean their MP "anime"+ releases?

No there isn't, and frankly that's a bit worrisome to me. I was looking through old pics on my tablet last night and it was just about one year ago that the Defender's Destroid came out. I'm starting to seriously wonder if Bandai is going to complete the line, or do any other enemies. It's not looking good at the moment...:unsure:

Unfortunately, the Desdroids and VF-2 didn't sell that well. I hope Bandai keeps going, but it's also conceivable they're going to cut and run.

If they'd come out with a more popular Valkyrie like the VF-25 I think it'd have done better than the VF-2.

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Unfortunately, the Desdroids and VF-2 didn't sell that well. I hope Bandai keeps going, but it's also conceivable they're going to cut and run.

If they'd come out with a more popular Valkyrie like the VF-25 I think it'd have done better than the VF-2.

While I have three 2SS Nexx's on PO as well three of Silvie's, I would like to see what Bandai can do with the VF-25, VF-0, VF-11B, YF-21 and yes perhaps even an SV-51. B))

12 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

While I have three 2SS Nexx's on PO as well three of Silvie's, I would like to see what Bandai can do with the VF-25, VF-0, VF-11B, YF-21 and yes perhaps even an SV-51. B))

Hmm... The VF-25 can be re done into a larger scale as it was in the Robot Spirits line up with the Q-Rare. I wonder if the YF-19 can be redone into the HMR as it was in the Hi-Metal line up. Toss in the possible YF-21 and you get more sales (if and when Bandai decides to it, that's another question). 

My wish list for HMR valks is: renewal version YF-19 (not just a modified HM VF-19), YF-21, VF-11, VF25, and VF-0. SV-262 and SV-51 would be interesting, if they can simplify the transformations to the point it'd work in 1/100 scale and not cost ridiculous amounts.

6 minutes ago, amptor said:

What about the VF-1D that they teased?  And the Khakizaki TV version for that matter.

At least the Kakizaki got made as a prototype, while we've seen no such evidence of a VF-1D, to my knowledge.

While I don't think that the DX would cannibalize HMR per se, I wonder if the 1/48 launch has consumed a lot of development and marketing bandwidth lately.

Got my Super Os today.  I have the same issue with the back part of the right foot being really stiff.  I just worked it back and forth and put more pressure on it and it seems to be moving almost completely back.  It is still stiff, but I can get it to maybe 95% fully back, so if you are still having issues with it, I would say just keep working it back and forth.

They definitely used a different finish for the feet on this one.  Whether that is affecting the foot, I don't know, but it only seems to be one side.