Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 5/10/2018 at 1:12 PM, HardlyNever said:

I'll be the voice of opposition against the destroids, I suppose.  I bought into them with the expectation that the full line of them would be made, so I wanted a complete set.  It so happens that the two they haven't made (tomahawk and phalanx) are my two favorite designs, and I imagine Bandai has an idea that at least the tomahawk is the most desirable one, generally speaking, and are deliberately withholding it to get people to buy the less popular ones.  

I don't hate the destroids, but I can't say they are that fun or engaging for me.  It isn't that they are poorly made, it is that they are pretty bland and intentionally designed to be background characters, to some degree.  So when you get one out of the box, there really isn't a lot to do with it.  The defender is the biggest offender in this category, as it basically can only do various "standing there shooting at things" poses.  Again, they are well made, and they deliver anything you could realistically want from a destroid, it just there isn't much you could realistically want.  Even the monster feels pretty basic after you get over the initial "wow this is big and awesome" moment.

So yeah, they designed well, but also pretty boring.  If Bandai doesn't make the entire line of them, they will be one of the first things I sell.  If we do get the entire line, I'll probably keep everything (even that lame ass defender:D).

tenor.gif?itemid=5592590

2 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5592590

Hahaha! Well, he did say he liked the Tomahawk and Phalanx more than the other Defenders — in which also does the same “standing there shooting at things” poses. ^_^ 

16 hours ago, CrossAir said:

I'll really have to ignore this thread by now! The more I read and watch Saburo's pics I feel the urge to jump onto the HMR train, too. Not good (for my wallet)!!! :wacko: And I'm close to get out of display space.

Lack of display space should not be a deterrent to getting HMR valks. I mean, I have valks but with no display case at all :lol:

17 hours ago, CrossAir said:

I'll really have to ignore this thread by now! The more I read and watch Saburo's pics I feel the urge to jump onto the HMR train, too. Not good (for my wallet)!!! :wacko: And I'm close to get out of display space.

They don't give out titles like Saburo's for nothing.:diablo:    I'm waiting for the rest of the Destroids and Zentradi. 

1 hour ago, hachi said:

Lack of display space should not be a deterrent to getting HMR valks. I mean, I have valks but with no display case at all :lol:

Me too, but I use the "lack of space" argument to calm down that little devil sitting on my shoulder whispering "bye those HMR, buy those HMRs right now..." all the time ;)

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

They don't give out titles like Saburo's for nothing.:diablo:    I'm waiting for the rest of the Destroids and Zentradi. 

If I start with HMR I think I'm going with the Destroids so I hope Bandai will release the missing ones soon

3 hours ago, hachi said:

Agreed. In fact, the reason I have so many HMRs (and only one 1/60) is that they take up so little space, relatively speaking. If you just want to dabble in HMR (as I originally thought I would) it should be easy to find space for 2 or 3. The problem is that it's hard to stop at just 2 or 3...

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! Well, he did say he liked the Tomahawk and Phalanx more than the other Defenders — in which also does the same “standing there shooting at things” poses. ^_^ 

True, but:

1. I like the overall design of the Tomahawk and Phalanx more.

2. They at least have opening/closing missile bays.  And maybe we'll even get swap-out missile doors for the phalanx (unlikely).

But I'll admit it is more subjective than anything.  I just don't really care for the design of the defender.

35 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

CDJapan has Tamashii STAGE ACT.5 out outlet clearance for 650 yen (50% off)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-275683

Might be nice for those of you HMR owners whose birds did not come with a stand.

Thanks Shizuka, I wish they had the ACT Trident (clear color) on sale. This is the hard one to find and most places I looked had only the white or dark blue version.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

CDJapan has Tamashii STAGE ACT.5 on outlet clearance for 650 yen (50% off)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-275683

Might be nice for those of you HMR owners whose birds did not come with a stand.

And now SOLD OUT!

I really need to get myself a CDJapan affiliate link so I can make commissions. LOL

12 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

And now SOLD OUT!

I really need to get myself a CDJapan affiliate link so I can make commissions. LOL

Oh, they have those? *sees $ signs*

This is tempting as I also need extra $$$ to fund my purchasesss....I can afford an HMR or 2 but I need to save as much as I can for the eventual house loan and build ^_^;

27 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Damnit.  Just got my DYRL VF-1A Hikaru and count me in as one of the people who got 2 left leg armor support pieces.  Did it only happen on the left for everyone or did some get 2 rights?

I had all the correct pieces, but whoever attached the side and back parts of the leg armors did them incorrectly. Fortunately, this was easily correctable. 

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

Damnit.  Just got my DYRL VF-1A Hikaru and count me in as one of the people who got 2 left leg armor support pieces.  Did it only happen on the left for everyone or did some get 2 rights?

That's sad to hear. Where did you bought this one? If it's HLJ, might as well contact them now. You have 10 days from the day you received the package to contact them.

This is why I always open my toys the moment I get it from HLJ. Don't want to be sorry 10 days after.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

That's sad to hear. Where did you bought this one? If it's HLJ, might as well contact them now. You have 10 days from the day you received the package to contact them.

This is why I always open my toys the moment I get it from HLJ. Don't want to be sorry 10 days after.

Nah, Amiami.  Disappointing.  My guess is we got some newbie at the factory who didn't realize the left and right pieces were different and dumped them in the same bin.

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

Nah, Amiami.  Disappointing.  My guess is we got some newbie at the factory who didn't realize the left and right pieces were different and dumped them in the same bin.

Is it possible for you to do trades with other people here who have received the other corresponding parts?