Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 4/19/2018 at 12:51 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

If I am like this now, I would hate to imagine what I am like when I am in the midst of dissertation work, or when I hit 30.

Can confirm. 40's. Completing doctoral dissertation. Spending thousands on Macross. Best form of thesis procrastination ever. 

9 hours ago, bbrain said:

Omg.. this is awesome.  

I am slowly getting mine out of boxes, moved everything in September and looking for some nice new shelving for the new house.  Miss reading all the updates, you have really got into this full throttle, nice!

Thanks bbrain!

8 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Would the VF-1J Hikaru wings w/ hardpoints be a close color match?

No.  The closest would be the CF wings and then paint the brown areas tan grey.

4 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Payment completed for my first HMR and new releaesed Super VF - 1A Hikaru  !, can't wait to have it! :D

Capture.PNG.530d75676496e92f3af021a64296c308.PNG

Ahh... to be getting your first HMR.... so young! I remember what that feeling was like. Back when I was only 25.  *sigh*

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Ahh... to be getting your first HMR.... so young! I remember what that feeling was like. Back when I was only 25.  *sigh*

I just hope I don't like it because if I do (will certainly will hope not) will try to get all other HMR!  dammit! ,

*suddenly my wallet start running off my room* come back you!, you ain't going anywhere fool!! :D

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Quick question, does this one include a strike cannon, or did Bandai do its usual thing of only including one specific version?

Hikaru's VF-1A figure doesn't come with the Strike Cannon. Only Super Parts as per DYRL appearance. And the Strike Cannon wasn't mentioned in the Tamashii product page.

5 hours ago, borgified said:

And gone.. Someone has picked it up in a flash.  

and at Nippon Yassan too, but.....

now available at CDJapan.   GO GO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-259681?s_ssid=e435db5adb1d4b44ce

oh, and VT-1 Elint also now available at cdjapan, so GO GO GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  SPEND SPEND SPEND!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by Arthurius

The VE-1 is still open for order on Amiami for anyone that wants it..  

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-032939&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dve-1%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Waiting for the pre-order payment finalization for the VT-1.

@Arthurius: Cutting your spending in TFs and focusing on Macross only? :p

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Gotcha, I mean I wasn't expecting it, just would have been nice to have the option like Yamato/Arcadia always have.

But they don't have that as extra, both of those were label as SUPER Strike, so it was part of it.

When Yamato release their SUPER vf-1j it did not include strike parts .

I just got in my first set of HMR VF-1S Strike valkyries (both Hikaru and Roy).

I did not realize that, while the packaging calls them Strike Valkyries,  they are actually Super + Strike. They include 2 Super thingymajiggers, with a Strike cannon component that can replace the front half of the Super thingymajiggers, much like the Yamato v2 / Arcadia Super + Strike parts.

That is awesome!

I had assumed that one of the thingymajiggers was a dedicated Strike, and the other a Super.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I just got in my first set of HMR VF-1S Strike valkyries (both Hikaru and Roy).

I did not realize that, while the packing calls them Strike Valkyries,  they are actually Super + Strike. They include 2 Super thingymajiggers, with a Strike cannon component that can replace the front half of the Super thingymajiggers, much like the Yamato v2 / Arcadia Super + Strike parts.

That is awesome!

I had assumed that one of the thingymajiggers was a dedicated Strike, and the other a Super.

Grew up watching the animated G.I. Joe series back when I was younger and this got stuck in my mind.. ^_^

now-you-know-and-knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg