Hi-Metal R

joppewo

20 hours ago, yman1437 said:

when will the super VF-1A Hikaru go on preorder?

Excellent question!

In looking at past releases, it appears we found out about the VE-1 on August 24th, which then had a pre-sale a week later on September 1st. That one is scheduled for release in January 2018. Not sure if that was a standard announcement, pre-sale, and release schedule though.

As for the VF-1A, it looks like it was announced last week (21st or 22nd), so a pre-sale should be soon: not sure if that means sometime this week, next week, or the following. It's a safe bet that the pre-sale date will be shared here before it takes place though.

This is a truly great community when it comes to announcements and on-sale dates.

The Super VF-1A now has a page on Hobby Search, pre-orders start on 11/28 (tonight).

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10505301

I hope pre-order madness is a bit easier this time around so i can get it through HLJ.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

23 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

So, is this going to be coming with the strike cannon for mixing and matching, or just the missile packs?

My understanding (based on photos I've seen thus far) is that there will be no strike cannon. We had discussed a few pages back how it would be cool if Bandai would include parts to convert into VF-1S strike, but I don't see that happening.

Edited by ScrambledValkyrie

Wow completely forgot about this. I was on my laptop and show the cdjapan bandai email preview come through. I was like i don't think there is a macross preorder this month. i checked it quickly and saw the 1A. Jumped over to amiami and got 1.

Just deciding if this one is worth a second purchase?

23 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Worried? I'll be very happy to get a Max 1A :)

Yeah eventually. Those dyrl valks are just too played out for me. I'd rather see other vf-1s. Actually i'd rather see anything than a vf-1. It's seriously the worst hi-metal r IMO. The first line i've ever felt that way for the vf-1.

12 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yeah eventually. Those dyrl valks are just too played out for me. I'd rather see other vf-1s. Actually i'd rather see anything than a vf-1. It's seriously the worst hi-metal r IMO. The first line i've ever felt that way for the vf-1.

I might agree with you that the VF-1s are the "worst" HMRs but that's not saying much when HMR is one of the best lines in toys right now, IMO. The other mecha are the stars but the VF-1s are nice too.