Jump to content
joppewo

Hi-Metal R

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

If any of these get released as TWE I wouldn't mind.  I just want them made.

VF-1D

Regult Scout

Regult DYRL

VF-1EX Hayate and Mirage

VF-4G

My HMR mecha wishlist is:

TV Queadluun Rau

TV Nousjadeul Ger

DYRL Nousjadeul Ger

Regult Scout

Glaug Eldare

Gnerl

Quel Quallie

Liewneuatz shuttle

I also wish Figuarts would do the SDFM Zentraedi officers and troopers instead of "Min Mei" and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, derex3592 said:

TV Q Rau!!!! I mean...come on! It's never been done! 

I'm hoping that the TV Queadluun-Rau and Nousjadeul-Ger get regular releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to plan out some diorama setups for my HMRs.  I have some of those Kotubukiya Chain Base sets for an internal hanger bay dio.  I know Bandai has that Amored Factory model kit with 1/100 scale people and support vehicles.  I may get that as well.

I would also like to set up a city street scene either something to represent Macross island or maybe Macros city inside the SDF-1.   I haven't really seen a lot of 1/100 scale buildings.  I've seen plenty of 1/150 scale stuff that seems perfect as I think it's a common railroad scale called "N" scale.  Seems to be a lot of variety of modern Japanese buildings in N scale.

I'm wondering if anyone has had good results with 1/150 scale items or is it better to find something 1/100 or perhaps go down slightly to "HO" scale which is about 1/87 scale.

I may use N scale buildings, and then try to find more appropriate scale people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious to see if they can improve valk execution in this scale that have the head behind the cockpit in fighter, such as the vf-19 or vf-4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sharky said:

I'm starting to plan out some diorama setups for my HMRs.  I have some of those Kotubukiya Chain Base sets for an internal hanger bay dio.  I know Bandai has that Amored Factory model kit with 1/100 scale people and support vehicles.  I may get that as well.

I would also like to set up a city street scene either something to represent Macross island or maybe Macros city inside the SDF-1.   I haven't really seen a lot of 1/100 scale buildings.  I've seen plenty of 1/150 scale stuff that seems perfect as I think it's a common railroad scale called "N" scale.  Seems to be a lot of variety of modern Japanese buildings in N scale.

I'm wondering if anyone has had good results with 1/150 scale items or is it better to find something 1/100 or perhaps go down slightly to "HO" scale which is about 1/87 scale.

I may use N scale buildings, and then try to find more appropriate scale people.

Not sure if it was in this thread or one of the other photo threads but someone here posted pics of their big city diorama with HMR's and it looked amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2017 at 2:41 PM, tekering said:

I've been working on the city diorama since November...

P1244801.thumb.jpg.9f3807e1642b79d7834714382f7ba227.jpg

...but it's far from complete.

P1244798.thumb.jpg.14f42d34b62944e92328855c120a664f.jpg

Streetlights, foliage, traffic lights, signage, people...

downtown.thumb.jpg.38c76684d5fdc99efabac52b4ca660b5.jpg

Lots of detail to be added yet.

P1244797.thumb.jpg.d4d06ab17725668f7261fc0e49d4ecba.jpg

And then, of course, I've got to begin distressing the buildings...

590923f001301_horizontalpods.thumb.jpg.6bd948a17149c552854dabe43a368bc7.jpg

Adding rubble and debris...

street_view.thumb.jpg.640b45e8099cb3c120dcad65afc7f651.jpg

Smashed buildings, broken glass...

targeted.thumb.jpg.7a8ef1cec8f7c46851ec159c0e6570b6.jpg

It's all still too clean and colorful...!

standoff.thumb.jpg.539ef2f5572f82ed667b863db151203d.jpg

To be continued...

Here is the diorama from tekering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Easier to buy multiples that way?

Yes.

The 1/144 diorama looks great.  Anybody have a 1/100 or 1/87 diorama?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2017 at 8:41 AM, tekering said:

And then, of course, I've got to begin distressing the buildings...

590923f001301_horizontalpods.thumb.jpg.6bd948a17149c552854dabe43a368bc7.jpg

Adding rubble and debris...

street_view.thumb.jpg.640b45e8099cb3c120dcad65afc7f651.jpg

Smashed buildings, broken glass...

targeted.thumb.jpg.7a8ef1cec8f7c46851ec159c0e6570b6.jpg

It's all still too clean and colorful...!

To be continued...

these should fit right in, 144 scale

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/43003-tomytec-gimix-1144-vf-1/?do=findComment&comment=1359002

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I hadn't been regularly checking this thread as much as I should.  Completely missed that diorama.  Looks great.  Yeah, the more I see it, the more it looks like the N scale works fine.  Now, I'm even wondering if the HMRs are even really 1/100.

I have a lot more humble aspiration to do just a small part of a street that I can fit in my Detolf display case or on a book shelf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, derex3592 said:

TV Q Rau!!!! I mean...come on! It's never been done! 

Man why does this even need to be stated at this point...come on, Bandai. Easily the most beautiful Zentradi mech design from SDFM, and could be a cheap repaint for a quick cash grab. 

Edited by gingaio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_2674.PNG.6cee5680e86cb54a13b29f41a6597e98.PNG

IMG_2675.PNG.1598cd579fa5fe1b90464fe610424e8e.PNG

IMG_2676.PNG.e86c840231d17d3626cb9a22fe29a75a.PNG

IMG_2677.PNG.e9555d78c2680b6b75ad991591860c2f.PNG

IMG_2678.PNG.903c851738f447556e70d21d29fdf4de.PNG

IMG_2911.PNG.032b69b75ae1a8ce64160b14c84898a2.PNG

IMG_2913.PNG.4990c28ca621c34ea1ae7e6272bd3a00.PNG

Well there are these pics that I saved with the buildings and cars nicely scaled to HMR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Major Focker said:

or if you prefer pre-finished

RAIL-21823.jpg

this one in particular is practically the same height as a VF-1, hmmm.... if there were like 3 or 4 variations of it that would make for a cool background with some rubble spread around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the ordinance load-out on the 'Monster', I kind of feel bad for any 'Zennys" that have to face that kind of might in a cityscape.
I also feel bad for any local who used to enjoy the sound of music after that fight would be over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, sh9000 said:

 

Well there are these pics that I saved with the buildings and cars nicely scaled to HMR.

Great pics.  Sometimes I wish I had the materials to do dioramas like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sharky said:

Wow, I hadn't been regularly checking this thread as much as I should.  Completely missed that diorama.  Looks great.  Yeah, the more I see it, the more it looks like the N scale works fine.  Now, I'm even wondering if the HMRs are even really 1/100.

I think Jenius has posted some of the scales in his reviews, and the VF-1s are closer to 1/90, or 1/85 or thereabouts.  I can't really say about the others, but I think there's enough variation in scale during the series itself that you can fudge things easily, as long as they look nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

btw, Ebay has a $15 off code for orders > $75 till 6pm PST today 9/21/2017 - PSSAVE15NOW

I used it on a Figuarts but it should work for HMR

Edited by ZorClone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx ZorClone...I caved n picked up the VF-1J Armored using the code.  It still hurts the wallet though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hmr look fine next to my Gundam master grades.   Both are supposed to be 1/100 scale and manufactured by bandai.   But the pilots for the hmr look smaller the Gundam pilots.  So the hmr should probably be bigger. 

Edited by beatsing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't pay any attention to the pilots in the TV HMR VF-1s, they're incredibly nonsensically small.  The DYRL ones are much closer to looking accurate.  For whatever reason, they made the TV ones imitate the bits of SDFM where the pilots were drawn way too small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

4B3A91C0-9B6C-4715-999A-18B721224335.thumb.jpeg.116b19169514baa2ae6fa8f052a28774.jpeg

I love the casual spectators on the balcony there.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Don't pay any attention to the pilots in the TV HMR VF-1s, they're incredibly nonsensically small.  The DYRL ones are much closer to looking accurate.  For whatever reason, they made the TV ones imitate the bits of SDFM where the pilots were drawn way too small.

Yup.   Those tv pilots are way too small.   I like the movie pilots because they're bigger and visible across the room.   But the movie  pilots do look a little crowded in the seating, compared to real life pilots in cockpits.   At this size though at least they paint them.   They didn't even paint the pilot in the masterpiece star scream/thunder cracker. 

 

Sh9000 those are awesome diorama pics.   Is it yours? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not mine.  Someday I’ll get to finishing all of my customs and also make some cool dioramas.  Maybe when my child gets older.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...