Hi-Metal R

joppewo

4 hours ago, Bobby said:

It's just great to see some of the improvements over the prototype images that were released last fall...namely:

- getting rid of that split in the front foot thruster

*snip*

FYI. That 'split' looking claw is there for Gerwalk mode.
82Un3bG.jpg

As per lineart courtesy of Macross Mecha Manual.
jaNyXjT.jpg

Being a 1/60 collector I didn't want to get into Hi-Metal R but the VF-2SS just looks too good.  Bought 1 at Ami Ami and then said what the hell let me get another so I can open 1 and keep 1 MISB.  Now should I start buying the rest of the line?  Decisions...

Just now, ps99041 said:

Being a 1/60 collector I didn't want to get into Hi-Metal R but the VF-2SS just looks too good.  Bought 1 at Ami Ami and then said what the hell let me get another so I can open 1 and keep 1 MISB.  Now should I start buying the rest of the line?  Decisions...

Of course! Just wait till you get one in hand and it will be over for your wallet. ;)

4 minutes ago, ps99041 said:

I just did. Bought a VF-1J at HLJ. Hehehe. :lol:

Hope it looks good besides the VF-1J since VF-1J figure has more panel lines than the sleek looking VF-2SS.

Edited by no3Ljm

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hope it looks good besides the VF-1J since VF-1J figure has more panel lines than the sleek looking VF-2SS.

2 red stripe valks in an hour eh! congrats! ^_^

half hour in and ami still haz em...nice and easy this HMR pre-order! ;)

Edited by seti88

I got one at HLJ earlier.

However, any of you guys successful paying at CDJ via non-paypal for this HMR?

I am somehow unsuccessful with both my regular card and a newer card.

WTF?!

edit/update:

Resolved!  Finally got one at cdj and now I can cancel the hlj one.

Guess there was some timing issue with the new system at cdj. 

:unknw:

Edited by treatment

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I was looking at the 1J at HLJ too and it's a great price.  Also looking at the 35th anniversary color.  I just have never been a big fan of the Hi-Metal VF-1 - the proportions just look a little off to me but I love Tenjn's box art.  Oh well, maybe my kids can get scholarships when they're ready for college.

OT: I have been seeing HLJ notices about their new payment scheme. It is a good thing I noticed it on this relatively easy PO. I would be damn pissed if during a VF-31C or metal build pre-order and HLJ asked me for my credit card info.

2 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

OT: I have been seeing HLJ notices about their new payment scheme. It is a good thing I noticed it on this relatively easy PO. I would be damn pissed if during a VF-31C or metal build pre-order and HLJ asked me for my credit card info.

That doesn't seem to be a thing for US customers.

5 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yeah I don't see anything; what's the new payments scheme?

Someone posted a screen shot that showed a credit card payment using a service called GoInterPlay. Probably just for certain countries.

Edit: ^^^yep, that's the one.

As for conversion rate, hopefully it's just whatever your card charges but I'm glad I don't have to deal with it. I wish I could just pay directly with a credit card on HLJ like they used to have a couple years ago. Paypal is annoying, especially with their "phantom" switching to their own conversion rates.

Edited by Slave IV

Not really sure on to explain it. And I am not sure how people are affected.

Before, I would pre-order stuff and select payment method. For Paypal, you would have to two option, one is Paypal Billing Agreement (auto-charge what ever is due for payment) or Normal Paypal payment (I already forgot that method), but this method usually sends you an email where you will pay the Paypal Charges.

Right now, After checking out, everything will be re-confirmed like billing address and the payment scheme. Payment method now only allow me to choose between Credit card and Paypal Billing Agreement. For known reasons, I would never allow Paypal Billing agreement cause paypal usually have BUGS/GLITCHES that allow them to use their forex services instead of the Card. So my choice for this would be Credit Card, which just so happen, I do not have recorded Credit Card with HLJ

edit: It also threw me in confusion when it showed me a converted local currency pricing. Anyway, everything can be adjusted even after you finalized your order.

Edited by chyll2

25 minutes ago, seti88 said:

2 red stripe valks in an hour eh! congrats! ^_^

Thanks Seti! Well, technically it's 3 since I PO'ed 2 VF-2SS. I'll just decide later on what to do with the second VF-2SS. ^_^ 

23 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Hahaha! So true, JVM! :lol: 

20 minutes ago, ps99041 said:

I was looking at the 1J at HLJ too and it's a great price.  Also looking at the 35th anniversary color.  I just have never been a big fan of the Hi-Metal VF-1 - the proportions just look a little off to me but I love Tenjn's box art.  Oh well, maybe my kids can get scholarships when they're ready for college.

Go get one now. And just worry later. ;)

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Hmmm, will see how it goes.

Yeah. I remember when HLJ dropped the PayPal "Bill Me Later" option for "Billing Agreements" only.

It was a slightly annoying surprise at the time, but turned out to be okay and easy to work around.

2 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Just pre-ordered with amiami. Surprised it's there. Is it because people cancelled for hlj or it's acting up?

Maybe scalpers are skipping it since it's still pretty easy to get on PO night