Hi-Metal R

joppewo

56 minutes ago, tekering said:

Well, the Spartan is definitely off.  According to Perfect Memory, Spartans and Tomahawks are both about 11.3 meters to the top of the shoulders, as this line art indicates:

11_3m.thumb.jpg.dc2733a589af296cb13e9aac2a6ebe8b.jpg

The HMR Spartan stands 14.3cm to the top of the shoulders, which is a good three centimetres bigger than it should be.

Note if we apply the same baseline to the HMR line, the Valkyries and Battlepods are consistent...

HMR_Spartan_scaling.thumb.jpg.3435b789b2ed9279cf7c2f0d24feb957.jpg

...but the vintage Imai Tomahawk's definitely too small, and the HMR Spartan's clearly too large.  :unsure:

I think Bandai gives us the best compromise in size for everything in this line.  The missile bay shoulders on the drawing for the Spartan are drawn too low.  The waist area and other parts line up with the Battroid.  Yeah the old 1/100 model kits are too small.  You said Battlepod.  Noooooo!  ^_^

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

*cancels order*

No, wait!  It's nothing a little forced perspective can't fix...!  ;)

destroid_forced_perspective.thumb.jpg.e00b02da305a22d409b693ecb90da4d2.jpg

46 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

You said Battlepod.  Noooooo!  ^_^

Oh, is that Robotech-specific nomenclature?  :o

4 minutes ago, tekering said:

No, wait!  It's nothing a little forced perspective can't fix...!  ;)

destroid_forced_perspective.thumb.jpg.e00b02da305a22d409b693ecb90da4d2.jpg

Excellent group pic!

:good:

3 hours ago, tekering said:

According to Macross Mecha Manual, no.

Regarding the scale issue... It's a sloppy mistake by Bandai, but it wouldn't be a first for the HMR line (remember the stripes on Hikaru's 1J?). Then again,  the main letdown with the line as I see it is the small scale, so I shouldn't complain that much if it's too big. And also, no one else is making a Spartan.

33 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Shipping notice from Ami Ami.

Or I should say I got a tracking number that they'll be shipping it sometime in the future.

I've been with amiami for quite sometime and love them 98% of the time but those tracking numbers they give only extends until the Dispatch from outward office of exchange in Tokyo. Heck, I already received my MP Megatron and the tracking number still doesn't indicate it's arrival:blink:

Not scaring you or nothing. Your Destroid will arrive......eventually:lol:

35 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

I've been with amiami for quite sometime and love them 98% of the time but those tracking numbers they give only extends until the Dispatch from outward office of exchange in Tokyo. Heck, I already received my MP Megatron and the tracking number still doesn't indicate it's arrival:blink:

Huh. I guess it must depend on where you are. The tracking numbers I get from AmiAmi show pretty much every step of the transit. If something's missing, it's because the postal service just couldn't be bothered to scan it at that point.

Got my shipping notice from AmiAmi this morning, good stuff. They switched me from EMS to their new DHL shipping, I don't know what that is, but it's apparently comparable to EMS in speed and quality, and cost me a bit less, so I'll take it. Seems absurdly fast though, I got my notice this morning and it says scheduled for delivery 5/24? Two days? I mean once again, I'll take it, that just seems way too fast. Faster shipping and it's costing me less? That all works for me.

39 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

I'd maybe try contacting them next time this happens, I've thrown tons of money and orders at them over the years and that has never been the case with a single tracking number from them.

Just now, Tking22 said:

Got my shipping notice from AmiAmi this morning, good stuff. They switched me from EMS to their new DHL shipping, I don't know what that is, but it's apparently comparable to EMS in speed and quality, and cost me a bit less, so I'll take it. Seems absurdly fast though, I got my notice this morning and it says scheduled for delivery 5/24? Two days? I mean once again, I'll take it, that just seems way too fast. Faster shipping and it's costing me less? That all works for me.

DHL is super fast.  My last order from Ami got to me in a couple days.  Also, an added bonus is you can also sign for it online and specify a location at your house where you want them to leave the package.

About the scaling issue, you have to keep in mind that HMR line is non-scale, so expect some discrepancies to appear when you line up the toys side-by-side. IIRC, the old ARII/IMAI model kits are legitimately 1/100. That said, I'm anxiously awaiting for my Spartan to arrive. Up until now, it's been a shame that the Matchbox/Playmates Spartan toy has been the only decent one on the market.

Amiami shipped my Spartan out yesterday and it should arrive tomorrow (DHL). I really love the DHL option. It's super fast (2 days to CA), no delays in customs, and get text updates from them. They also call on the day of delivery to see if someone is home or if I will authorize it to be left. I use them every chance I get now.

19 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Anyone experience any customs issues with dhl? I've read they often have custom fees but never used it myself. 

I've never been charged a fee for packages coming into the U.S with DHL.

25 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Great pic! Mine are out for delivery, unfortunately i picked DHL and didn't realize it instead of EMS, so i don't know how picking them up after hours is gonna work out, signature required and all....uhhhggg

You can leave a signed note on the door or usually pre-sign for DHL deliveries online. Alternately, you can designate a local location to have the packages dropped off and held at (usually a store like PakMail or something). My local DHL facility is about three hours away so it's a nightmare if I don't want to leave a note and have my package sitting on the porch all day because the only service location in my entire town closes at 6pm and the DHL driver doesn't usually get into town until 4pm or so.

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice dbl gunpod pose tekering! Looks like the spartan is gonna unleash alpha strike ala mechwarrior :D

Unfortunately, his gun pods were soon stolen by malcontents...

malcontents.thumb.jpg.6b82ec0c37b6a54b6ad0f709fb9e8af7.jpg