Hi-Metal R

joppewo

18 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yeah i don't think many people knew about it. Kind of a fail on Bandai's part. They should've promoted it sooner. If i'd missed this thread today i wouldn't have know about it.

Yeah same, if I hadn't decided to read this thread today, I would have never known about it.

I think it's been so easy to PO for some people because this definitely is going to be an esay pass for most of us. We were all waiting for a classic Valk, a destroid or a Zentradi release, but not this. I'm disappointed, but at the same time relieved for not having to spend money on another HMR release yet.

And, IMHO, the paint scheme doesn't look good on Battroid mode. It does look kinda cool in fighter/gerwalk, but not enough to convince me into getting it.

woke up this morning and got one at AmiAmi through the link in Twitter. Took all of 20 seconds. Easy! I must say if it wasn't for this thread and Twitter, I wouldn't have had a clue this was happening. Maybe that was Bandai's plan to reduce preorder madness???

7 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

woke up this morning and got one at AmiAmi through the link in Twitter. Took all of 20 seconds. Easy! I must say if it wasn't for this thread and Twitter, I wouldn't have had a clue this was happening. Maybe that was Bandai's plan to reduce preorder madness???

I just saw this one here last night and ordered one at HLJ - really love the look. It'll fit in well with my other HMRs.  I hope they get around to making an Angel Bird.

Man, that is gorgeous! Grabbed 2 at Amiami. Thank you MacrossWorld Forum!

Now if they'd just announce those MII VF-2SS HMR's I could really go to town. I know they're the unwanted step-child of the Valk family, but they were my introduction to Macross (outside of Jetfire) and I unashamedly love them.

I'm not loving the paint scheme too much, but I'm thinking this might be a fun one to strip down and customize.  I'm also curious if this one will have the canopy molded in that color, or if it will be a coating.  The color might not look bad swapped onto some brownie 1As.

I'm surprised by how many don't like this scheme. To me it's the best one right after fokker's 1S. It feels like the spiritual successor to fokker's IS. I always felt that every vf-1 (except maybe CFs) should have squadron markings on their heat shields. 

47 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I'm surprised by how many don't like this scheme. To me it's the best one right after fokker's 1S. It feels like the spiritual successor to fokker's IS. I always felt that every vf-1 (except maybe CFs) should have squadron markings on their heat shields. 

Nobody hates it either, I think it's a thing of affinity really. Me, I would've pick at least two Cavaliers, or an Enigma (talking about non cannon). But I feel no love for this one.

Just personally, I think it doesn't flow well with the VF-1's natural lines, and tries too hard to force the VF-31's geometry onto another plane.  Some of it's fine, but the random diagonal cuts across some parts look weird, and I get that they were trying to match the pattern on the wings by only continuing the double stripe half-way, but the random cut-off in the middle of the wing where they tried to mimic the tail structure just looks bad, and they should have just continued the double stripe all the way to the tip.  And while I admit I'm not a huge fan of the reaper emblem in general, it would have looked a lot better on the tails than printed across the backplate.

Not like I'm going to cancel my preorders or anything, I just think it could be better.  It's still nowhere near the eye-gouging level of the 30th VF-1J at least. :p

1 minute ago, jenius said:

I think this should be a trend but not at the expense of canon releases.  I would love a VF1 Guld or isamu  type. 

This would be sweet but I would want an actual yf-21 instead of a blue and yellow vf-1. I think I'm done with HMR outside of destroids for now. 

21 hours ago, Sandman said:

Agreed!

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

I think the pink crystals/sensors are a little too low on Messer's VF-1 scheme. They would look better in Battroid mode if they were closer to the cockpit and more to the rear of the plane, mirroring the collared effect that the VF-31 has.

Someone did it on purpose. Pink nips FTW!

25 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Haven't seen a custom HMR Jetfire scheme.  If I make one I'll leave out the Autobot symbols and just call it Milia's VF-1S with swapped color stripes.

Do that and get the Messer scheme ,debadge the reapers and paint the head visor and cockpit purple for a Decepticon vibe.

59063cec0392b_VF-1DeceptiMesser.jpg.b3b4cf1918a251c2afa65ae14297a6a4.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

large.IMG_3157.JPG.764e59722e0b9c49d98b4

Got 2 VF-1D heads.  The head scales better than the last one I had.  Future custom HMR CF VF-1D and VF-1D Trainer.

That VF-1D head looks better scaled to the HMR....which kit is it from? 

Edited by jvmacross