Hi-Metal R

joppewo

29 minutes ago, arbit said:

Wait, my HMRs dont look like your HMRs. Did you repaint M&M's leg armor?

Yeah I repainted the leg armor and goggles.

19 minutes ago, Old Man said:

sh9000, did you repaint the arm armors, or are they OHM or HMR colors?

No.  Everything else that wasn't repainted was swapped from HM VF-1 Super Parts. I will eventually be repainting all of the spare parts to color match with the type of green being used.

IMG_2983.thumb.JPG.e89fc124267e6a9ae37c9cd9c2d9ec4b.JPG

Believe those figures are meant to be 1/60, to go with the Yamato Q-Raus.

So, for the outer leg packs, did you actually repaint them, or did you just strip off the white paint on the bottom panel?

And assuming there are any left on the market ( :lol: ), how much do those old HM pack sets go for?

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So, for the outer leg packs, did you actually repaint them, or did you just strip off the white paint on the bottom panel?

And assuming there are any left on the market ( :lol: ), how much do those old HM pack sets go for?

I repainted the leg armor.

I didn't buy all of the VF-1 Super Parts out there.  B))  I do have 4 sets coming in though.  The lowest I've gotten them for was $50.

Edited by sh9000

Urg.. yeah, think I'll either just wait until Bandai reissues them (don'tcha love Bandai's exclusive nonsense <_<) or make my own at that price. 

Like, I'd hope they'd release a stand alone pack again, but given their continued abuse of Ozma fans, I'm not betting on it ever happening.

It is what it is I guess.

With all of the extra M&M sets coming in, I can still repaint the Super Parts to make 5 additional standard sets.  9 Valkyries can be equipped.  :)

If you make TV arm armor, I will buy some from you.

I think Bandai hasn't done HMR supers yet because they've included supers with ever set except Hikaru's 1J and the cannon fodder. Obviously the VT and VE will have their own supers so we may be a ways a way from an HMR super release still. If they decide to do the DYRL 1A toys one day and they include the super parts then we may never see standalone HMR supers.

As long as we can get some molded ones in standard colors, I'll be good, it's just sad how Bandai seems to love being such a cruel tease with so many product lines....

All their new valks with empty hardpoints, reissuing Ozma with no armor re-release, that sort of thing.  It's like they always plan ahead to drive up demand for something they can release later.. but it never happens.

It's like they're practically begging for bootleggers to step in and make all the stuff that they keep refusing to.

Edited by Chronocidal

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I repainted the leg armor.

I didn't buy all of the VF-1 Super Parts out there.  B))  I do have 4 sets coming in though.  The lowest I've gotten them for was $50.

Where are you finding all the Supers, sh9000?

Is there any other ways that I can contact nipponyasan besides their "live chat online" and submitting a customer support ticket from their website?

What happen is they left out the block number on my address (thanks to whoever that wrote my address from NYP office) and my post office has returned the parcel back to them due to incomplete address.

So I submitted the nipponyasan customer support ticket 4 times to find out if they have received the returned parcel but I'm not getting any reply and the Live chat online staff is not able to help (then why are you even there for huh?) 

And because of this, I have not received my HMR Milia.

Edited by Toonz

1 hour ago, Toonz said:

Is there any other ways that I can contact nipponyasan besides their "live chat online" and submitting a customer support ticket from their website?

What happen is they left out the block number on my address (thanks to whoever that wrote my address from NYP office) and my post office has returned the parcel back to them due to incomplete address.

So I submitted the nipponyasan customer support ticket 4 times to find out if they have received the returned parcel but I'm not getting any reply and the Live chat online staff is not able to help (then why are you even there for huh?) 

And because of this, I have not received my HMR Milia.

I've never used the live chat. They have a ticket ststem where you submit your issue with order number and they have always responded within a couple days. 

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I've never used the live chat. They have a ticket ststem where you submit your issue with order number and they have always responded within a couple days. 

the problem is they are not even responding to my tickets :(

8 minutes ago, arbit said:

Have you made any brown ones for the CF?

No I was thinking of just leaving all of the Super Parts the same green.

I might still try to make brown GBP armor for the CF though.

9 hours ago, Toonz said:

the problem is they are not even responding to my tickets :(

Sometimes they take a couple days. I've been trying to pay for my spartan and defender pos but payment keeps failing and their last response was something like "this is the last time we will reset your payment" then it failed again lol

oh well not terribly helpful so I guess they don't want my money. Your mileage may vary. 

8 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Just saw these pics on facebook.  Damn, can't wait for my effect parts.

Hi-Metal (R)ules!

Pretty darned cool. Glad I ordered a set.

They should make a TV effects set and enemy mecha effects sets.

That reminds me, I still need to finish the GBP missile effects and also give each Valk some gunpod effects.  Too many projects.