Hi-Metal R

joppewo

21 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I haven't been checking this site over the weekend and noticed the Defender was on preorder this morning. Nearly had a heart attack but luckily these things don't sell that fast and I got my order in from the preferred NY.

Also, my HMR collection finally got it's own well deserved shelf...top shelf!

HMR_DSC05018_zps7kwl6szj.jpg

I only just stumbled across this pic.  I love the setup!

Man oh man.:fool: Seeing the Defender and Spartan on PO on NY, I'm super tempted on ordering and get the HMR Destroids only. But I really don't want to start another line. And this also means that I need to get the Monster too for sure. Help! :help:

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I only just stumbled across this pic.  I love the setup!

Thanks! HMR has been due their own shelf for quite some time now.

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Man oh man.:fool: Seeing the Defender and Spartan on PO on NY, I'm super tempted on ordering and get the HMR Destroids only. But I really don't want to start another line. And this also means that I need to get the Monster too for sure. Help! :help:

Just give in! I resisted HMR for quite some time but now I regret not jumping on in the first place and also missing out on the GBP too. The Armored Valk is the only missing piece I wish I could fill. Really hope they reissue it or just put out the armor separately. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Slave IV

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Look at it this way...the Monster is going way cheap now....think I saw it for $140 somewhere....that should offset the extra you will need to pay for the GBP....the rest should be available for close to MSRP.......and everything is easily still available.....

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks! HMR has been due their own shelf for quite some time now.

Just give in! I resisted HMR for quite some time but now I regret not jumping on in the first place and also missing out on the GBP too. The Armored Valk is the only missing piece I wish I could fill. Really hope they reissue it or just put out the armor separately. 

16 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Look at it this way...the Monster is going way cheap now....think I saw it for $140 somewhere....that should offset the extra you will need to pay for the GBP....the rest should be available for close to MSRP.......and everything is easily still available.....

Hahaha! :lol: Thanks guys for the encouragement and for luring me to the Dark Side. But I don't have plans on getting the Valks from this line though if ever I pursue this Macross HMR's. It's just the Destroids that I'm considering. ;)

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: Thanks guys for the encouragement and for luring me to the Dark Side. But I don't have plans on getting the Valks from this line though if ever I pursue this Macross HMR's. It's just the Destroids that I'm considering. ;)

Even easier for you since you can order both Destroids at preorder discount rates and the Monster is on clearance. DO IT NOW! The pricing for the Monster will not last once initial stock is dried up. That piece alone is a thing of beatuy that you MUST own!:p

Or look at it this way. Let's say the HMR continues to be successful and 2 years down the line they release that valk that you've always wanted (e.g. Flashback 2012 VF-4). You decide to get it, but it feels so lonely just by itself in your collection. Your compulsiveness then forces you to hunt down 2-3 years worth of HMR releases at possibly higher markups. 

Compare that to just jumping on the HMR wagon now while it's not yet too late to catch up. If you decide 2 years later that the line isn't worth keeping, you can always resell it and recover part or all of your expenses in purchasing them. And at least you won't feel the regret of never experiencing what it was like to have an HMR.

35 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Even easier for you since you can order both Destroids at preorder discount rates and the Monster is on clearance. DO IT NOW! The pricing for the Monster will not last once initial stock is dried up. That piece alone is a thing of beatuy that you MUST own!:p

I have to agree on that Monster. We'll see sir. We'll see. ^_^

25 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Or look at it this way. Let's say the HMR continues to be successful and 2 years down the line they release that valk that you've always wanted (e.g. Flashback 2012 VF-4). You decide to get it, but it feels so lonely just by itself in your collection. Your compulsiveness then forces you to hunt down 2-3 years worth of HMR releases at possibly higher markups. 

Compare that to just jumping on the HMR wagon now while it's not yet too late to catch up. If you decide 2 years later that the line isn't worth keeping, you can always resell it and recover part or all of your expenses in purchasing them. And at least you won't feel the regret of never experiencing what it was like to have an HMR.

No worries on the HM-R VF-4 and VF-2SS. That's already part of my plan. But no plans on the regular VF-1's. I already have enough VF-1's in 1/60 so I'm already good on that. And if I do get one VF-1, it will be Hikaru's but seeing how much that one going nowadays, I'll just let it pass. 

10 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

:cray:

:friends:

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

I find a monster reissue unlikely, it may be a real collectors item some day. 

I'll reconsider that thought. ;)

28 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Where are the Monsters on clearance or cheapest nowadays???

40% off at ami ami.....but the shipping is monstrously high....I would like a few more but the price needs to come closer to 120 usd to offset the 50 or 60 shipping cost....forgot what amiami was charging to ship these but they were among the highest....still....if you don't have any....their price can't be beat for a MISB...unless you can find one on auction....

31 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

40% off at ami ami.....but the shipping is monstrously high....I would like a few more but the price needs to come closer to 120 usd to offset the 50 or 60 shipping cost....forgot what amiami was charging to ship these but they were among the highest....still....if you don't have any....their price can't be beat for a MISB...unless you can find one on auction....

Yeah 67 Us for me. Which made it still pretty expensive even with the 40% off.

Im guessing it's the shipping that's making the monster not a great seller which is a shame. Like jenius said above, this most likely means it won't get released again. I want to get another but too much other stuff coming out steadily.

8 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

it's going as low as $170 with free shipping on ebay right now. $194 with free shipping from Ami on ebay (might be cheaper if you buy from their site depending on your shipping costs.)

I'd have to go back and do the math but I think eBay with the free shipping is the way to go. Also that way there is no surprises when you get the invoice  like there was with the store.

10 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Wow very convincing :D

16 hours ago, ZorClone said:

How does the combined shipping work at NY if you have 2 preorders that come out several months apart?  Do they just hold the first till the 2nd can ship with it?

You cant combine pre-orders months apart. You will be asked to pay shipping for advanced pre-orders that state no later payment.

The only way to combine shipping is with product that is already in stock. So if you waited for the actual month of the pre-order release, and bought something else in stock, then you can combine both of them as per their tutorial. 

Of course you will need to be aware of the release month and risk of that pre-order running out during that month.

16 hours ago, ZorClone said:

How does the combined shipping work at NY if you have 2 preorders that come out several months apart?  Do they just hold the first till the 2nd can ship with it?

are you talking about 2 existing orders that you already placed?  

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/cms.php?id_cms=39

- Only Pre order not paid can be combine

yes, they will ship everything together.

or are you talking about placing a preorder for 2 separates items releasing in different months?

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/cms.php?id_cms=10

:In the case of an order with several items in Preorders WITH RELEASE DIFFERENT RELEASE DATE, we will only ship when the last product is release.

(Payment must be made in full at for the release of the first product.)"

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

According to MyKombini, my Milia is "ongoing preparation"

Just have to keep waiting. 

Mine went to "shipped" and they gave me a number, but that number has shown zero activity in the last day, not even picked up yet. I suspect it's just their automated systems being dumb and continuing to operate despite the fact that they went on vacation.

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I honestly think the enemy mecha are the best part of the line (especially the Glaug) hopefully we'll get more soon.  But if you're only interested in destroids, they look good, too.