Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Oh yeah what a morning. Totally spaced out on the preorder last night, thought it was tonight for some reason. Still managed to snag 2 a few minutes ago. AWESOME!!! That feeling of dread when you realize you missed a preorder the following night really sucks. I'm glad it worked out...whew. 

Then got some more good news. Saw in my email that got 2 notices from n-y about the Milia preorder - prep. in progress and shipped. Oh yeah. I wasn't expecting to get both notices in the same night before i woke up.

Now to see if i get ripped off from Taku-toys. Took a risk with them for a milia preorder with 1/2 payment upfront/ Strange they haven't contacted me for the other half yet. Fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

If HLJ's price was a little cheaper and there was no limit, I'd buy them there.

I'll probably pay NY in advance for my 7 sooner than later.

That's the one thing i like about n-y amidst their many faults. The ability to pay whenever you feel like it before release. Though i usually just wait till last minute anyway. :)

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Oh yeah what a morning. Totally spaced out on the preorder last night, thought it was tonight for some reason. Still managed to snag 2 a few minutes ago. AWESOME!!! That feeling of dread when you realize you missed a preorder the following night really sucks. I'm glad it worked out...whew. 

Then got some more good news. Saw in my email that got 2 notices from n-y about the Milia preorder - prep. in progress and shipped. Oh yeah. I wasn't expecting to get both notices in the same night before i woke up.

Now to see if i get ripped off from Taku-toys. Took a risk with them for a milia preorder with 1/2 payment upfront/ Strange they haven't contacted me for the other half yet. Fingers crossed.

Ditto here, NY let me know she's on the way now.

I enjoy the private warehouse feature and shopping experience at hlj. But the low pre-order prices at NY are hard to beat haha

Are there any other shops selling the milia vf-1j? I only see it at NY and Nin Nin right now. 

33 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Wow the vf1j with armour is going for 20000 yen now. That's crazy, you can buy a 1/60 for that price.

http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1031816551&lang=en

You can buy a 1/48 for that lol

20 minutes ago, maximusprime888 said:

Phew. Got a couple at NY. Surprised they still had some. 

I want a Miriya dammit

Just pay 13,500 jpy for a repaint of a Max that you paid like 8,000 jpy for! Seems totally reasonable!

And some people wonder why were are considering buying the bootleg M&Ms...

Edited by HardlyNever

35 minutes ago, maximusprime888 said:

Phew. Got a couple at NY. Surprised they still had some. 

I want a Miriya dammit

Me too but I'm not paying $135 plus shipping; that's blood money!

...but I want one SO bad lol

thankfully I have two 1/48 milias to console me hahaha

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Wow the vf1j with armour is going for 20000 yen now. That's crazy, you can buy a 1/60 for that price.

Bandai really ought to announce a standalone GBP accessory. That would help the remaining standalone Hikaru inventory sell.

6 hours ago, Sandman said:

And to think, amiami had some excess of those at rock bottom prices just after I scored one from hobbysearch.

39 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Ordered one at NY. You can't beat that price even with EMS, and I only want one, so I'm cancelling Hlj. Do they combine shipping? I have two Spartans on PO with them also.

HLJ combine through their Private Warehouse system, but items can only be held for a maximum of 60 days. So Spartans (May) and Defenders (August) couldn't be shipped together if pre-ordered.

So, MyKombini sent me a refund notice for my HMR Milia with the usual Paypal BS reason...

...and then sent another invoice for the same requesting payment.

lol MyKombini I'm not paying you again. And not ordering ever again too.

2 minutes ago, hachi said:

So, MyKombini sent me a refund notice for my HMR Milia with the usual Paypal BS reason...

...and then sent another invoice for the same requesting payment.

lol MyKombini I'm not paying you again. And not ordering ever again too.

Maybe just this one time you can use PayPal to pay them.  See if they will honor their preorder price or not.

37 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I'm surprised that the Defender is sold out at CDJapan.

Probably due to their double extra reward points campaign.  1346 yen off for future orders is a pretty good bonus for ordering 2 defenders .

53 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Argh!!! Still no shipping confirmation from NY for my 2 Milias!

They said it's already at the dispatch center and I'll get an email when it ships, but it's been there for over 24 hours.

So when NY took forever to ship me my Arcadia Reaction armor the packaging hinted at the reason. Unlike HLJ that has a supply of HLJ boxes and just throws in shipping material to make your item fit one of their standard sizes (usually by vacuum sealing your toy to a piece of cardboard), NY actually customizes boxes to get them as small as possible. It's definitely not as safe/sturdy as HLJ's boxes. So with NY, if you're lucky, what you ordered perfectly fits a box they have. If what you ordered is in between box sizes, you probably have more of a delay as they cut up and tape a box for you. Crazy.....

1 minute ago, jenius said:

So when NY took forever to ship me my Arcadia Reaction armor the packaging hinted at the reason. Unlike HLJ that has a supply of HLJ boxes and just throws in shipping material to make your item fit one of their standard sizes (usually by vacuum sealing your toy to a piece of cardboard), NY actually customizes boxes to get them as small as possible. It's definitely not as safe/sturdy as HLJ's boxes. So with NY, if you're lucky, what you ordered perfectly fits a box they have. If what you ordered is in between box sizes, you probably have more of a delay as they cut up and tape a box for you. Crazy.....

Thanks for the info, jenius.

Hopefully one of the two Milias arrives unscathed.

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

I still need a HMR GBP-1S. Got in on thr 2nd release. Regretting not getting one when they were 13000 on mandrake...

Wasn't that GBP-1J? I'm confused!

5 hours ago, F360 said:

Maybe just this one time you can use PayPal to pay them.  See if they will honor their preorder price or not.

This is the 2nd order that I paid that they cancelled. They never even bothered to answer my email about the cancelled HMR Glaug order. I refuse to open a paypal account just for them.