Hi-Metal R

joppewo

6 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Awesome group shot!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Professor Dire said:

Agreed.  Where did the "J" cf head come from?

4 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

He custom painted it from a Hikaru 1J head, as I recall.

Yeah it's one of my first customs.

I'm probably going to pass on the Spartan and keep sticking to just Valkyries, mainly due to limited funds and display space. I think I also enjoy VFs more due to the transformations.

However, the Spartan does look really cool and well done, and it would be tempting to get one, especially since Hikaru did pilot one at a certain point.

Overall I am glad to see Bandai continuing the HMR line into 2017 with some diversity. Here's to more!

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

I thought the Spartan was going to be a web exclusive? If it's not, I wouldn't be worried about preorder madness... it seems the HMR series is beyond that now with all releases becoming obtainable after release since the VF-1S Hikaru.

Agreed, the only gripe I have is the price of these HM-R is pretty much the same as the Yamato's 1/60 line back then, but smaller in scale.

6 hours ago, monishb said:

Can you please explain or show pictures how you attached the connections. I can't seem to get it on the stage plus 

IMG_2088.JPG

Borrowed pic from jenius.  There are three connector pieces for the stand.  The top one is for Fighter, the middle one is for Battroid, and the bottom one is for Gerwalk.  Use the middle piece to connect to a rod or display stand port and then to the leg bar/connector of the Battroid.  The Battroid will be like it is carried on a small tray.  Hope that helps.

27 minutes ago, amptor said:

What color will the armored vf-1a Valerie be?  Thanks

IIRC, there was no official 'color' for an Armored VF-1A CF. But if were going to base it from old ARII/IMAI kits, it's somehow like a moss green color variant.

IMG_6400.JPG

Photo courtesy of CollectionDX.

But there's also that 'black' colored Armored VF-1A with red trimmings in the anime series too.

mcr254l.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

Hello! Just joined the ranks of HMR owner, awaiting my Roy/CF/Regult to arrive soon! 

Was surprised to see the MSRP for spartan is upward of 7k Yen! Prolly will end up scouring secondary market after release

And since the trio destroid (tomahawk/defender/phalanx) are yet to be seen, could Bandai actually plan to release them as a combo like the oldies?

On 12/29/2016 at 9:18 PM, jenius said:

I thought the Spartan was going to be a web exclusive? If it's not, I wouldn't be worried about preorder madness... it seems the HMR series is beyond that now with all releases becoming obtainable after release since the VF-1S Hikaru.

Where did you read it was a web exclusive? Based on the Tamashii site I assumed it was a standard release.

http://sp.tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/