Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Don't forget some S.H. Figuarts Zentran/Meltran characters and foot soldiers. We need those too. Kamjin needs several facial expressions.

Actually, while I'm thinking about it.. I wouldn't mind S.H. Figuarts figures of the human characters too. No, they wouldn't be in scale with the rest but I'd buy them.

It'll be nice if Bandai makes a Kamjin/Quamzin figure that can actually fit in the HMR Glaug.

So I don't have to use some Lego or Kreo figs...

Yeah the day after I emailed, my order magically shipped.

Thanks for the response Sandman.

I got a response from them after opening a ticket with them regarding my order.

Their response:

" Hello

Thank you for your purchase

We are contacting you regarding this order

Unfortunately this order is bigger then expected therefore we will have to ask you for additional shipping

An invoice will be sent out to you via paypal

We apologize for the inconvenience

Kind Regards

"

​I've gotten this before for pre-order items and can kind of understand because they may not know exactly how much the item weighs.

​However, this time, all my items were marked as in stock. (2 max, 3 monsters).

Anyone else have this experience with NY for in-stock items?

I paid the extra fee and "magically", the item shipped almost immediately.

Shady business practices......

I don't know how stores charge upfront for shipping anyway. I guess they must have to have dedicated boxes of varying sizes and then calculate which box they're going to use and what the weight of the goods are. I'd imagine most stores just set up their shipping calculator to be a little conservative and assume that if they ever don't charge quite enough on one order they'll over charge on another a little bit and it all evens out. It seems that doesn't work for NY and they may even have a profit margin on shipping that they are very strict about.

Thanks for the response Sandman.

I got a response from them after opening a ticket with them regarding my order.

Their response:

" Hello

Thank you for your purchase

We are contacting you regarding this order

Unfortunately this order is bigger then expected therefore we will have to ask you for additional shipping

An invoice will be sent out to you via paypal

We apologize for the inconvenience

Kind Regards

"

​I've gotten this before for pre-order items and can kind of understand because they may not know exactly how much the item weighs.

​However, this time, all my items were marked as in stock. (2 max, 3 monsters).

Anyone else have this experience with NY for in-stock items?

I paid the extra fee and "magically", the item shipped almost immediately.

Shady business practices......

That must of been a huge box if you had 2 maxs and 3 monsters?

My 2 Monsters from NY originally were shipped in the 2 per case HMR Monster box. Both of your shipping boxes will probably be those type of boxes. One with 2 Monsters and the other with 1 Monster and 2 Max's.

And they did charge a little extra for the 2 Monsters. Probably because of the huge shipping box.

post-21587-0-78931100-1479949204_thumb.jpg

It'll be interesting if Bandai revisits the small-scale/non-DX Frontier valks. I think a transformation-capable VF-25 and others will be a bit more complicated in the HM-R scale compared to the current VF-1.

Good point. Frontier valks may be too complicated for 1/100. Would it have to be a complete rethink of the transformation?

Still would be nice to see the sleek VF-25s in this scale.

My 2 Monsters from NY originally were shipped in the 2 per case HMR Monster box. Both of your shipping boxes will probably be those type of boxes. One with 2 Monsters and the other with 1 Monster and 2 Max's.

And they did charge a little extra for the 2 Monsters. Probably because of the huge shipping box.

attachicon.gifIMG_1685.JPG

So how many Monsters do you have altogether now? We need one massive group shot of all your HMR's! B))

Good point. Frontier valks may be too complicated for 1/100. Would it have to be a complete rethink of the transformation?

Still would be nice to see the sleek VF-25s in this scale.

Im sure they can pull it off if they want to. Beside they can part swap all that its too complicated to do at that scale

The DX shoulder/hip hinges and the neck portion may not micronize well, or be too expensive to meet HM-R price point once redesigned.

That i agree, besides the frontier valks are considerable bigger compared to the VF 1. Most likely there will be a increase in the price.

So how many Monsters do you have altogether now? We need one massive group shot of all your HMR's! B))

Only 2 and one is still MISB. I originally was going to buy 3 Monsters. Yeah I plan on doing an all HM and HMR group shot.

gallery_21587_791_115612.jpg

Progress on my custom VF-1A TV Max.

not a glitch , it's part of their winter2016 sale, the one that starts at 10am jst. you also get some HLJ credit when your item ships.

It's a special which is why they have Bandai Web exclusive stuff too. so if you want some Bandai web exclusive deals.

here's is the whole sale link

http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SaleGroup=WINTERSALE2016NOV25

I picked up the roy and the Star gaogaigar option set.

http://hlj.com/product/BANN03833/Sci

Edited by F360

by the way just a heads up

Paypals currency conversion seems to be set to "ON" now, even if you previously have it set to "bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice like before"

Ugh, I ALWAYS forget how to undo that :angry: It's such a hassle

That sale doesn't seem that great. HLJ has the monster on sale previously cheaper and that's pretty much all the macross stuff. Also some weird stuff happening on their site. The orguss showed up on sale but when I clicked on it the sale disappeared.

Probably got hijacked

That sale doesn't seem that great. HLJ has the monster on sale previously cheaper and that's pretty much all the macross stuff. Also some weird stuff happening on their site. The orguss showed up on sale but when I clicked on it the sale disappeared.

ah, you missed out on the HI-METAL R VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Roy Focker Special (Premium Bandai).

http://hlj.com/product/BANN04113/Act at 7920 yen

This is the kick off of their winter sale , so each day they will have another listing up.

This one is actually pretty special, it's the first time HLJ have (Premium Bandai) web exclusive items for sale and with discount too and you will also get a certain amount of HLJ credit once the item ships.

Some of those Premium Bandai items have been long sold out too.

Edited by F360

Thinking to rename this thread "Hi-Metal R SDFM/DYRL" and create a separate thread titled "Hi-Metal R other Macross Series".

Otherwise news and photos about the VF-2SS and any other Macross series releases (cross fingers we get some) just gets lost in the noise.

What do you guys think????

Graham

I think we should go a step further.
1) Retire this thread to the hall of the super topics
2) Create a new thread for HMR VF-1 Toys
3) Create a new thread for HMR SDF Macross Non VF-1 Toys
4) Then Create a final thread for HMR Speculation for other non SDF series that could be renamed once we have a release date of a non SDF Macross toy to whatever that toy is.

I'm super into compartmentalizing though and I know that doesn't work for everyone. If it were up to me, each release would get a new thread... it just makes tracking down information 2 years later so much easier...

This thread has grown enough for this to be discussed

I think we should go a step further.

1) Retire this thread to the hall of the super topics

2) Create a new thread for HMR VF-1 Toys

3) Create a new thread for HMR SDF Macross Non VF-1 Toys

4) Then Create a final thread for HMR Speculation for other non SDF series that could be renamed once we have a release date of a non SDF Macross toy to whatever that toy is.

I'm super into compartmentalizing though and I know that doesn't work for everyone. If it were up to me, each release would get a new thread... it just makes tracking down information 2 years later so much easier...