Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Dang...with the 2 recent Web Shop exclusives (money up front with NY) and standard issues receiving a slightly earIy release, I've been hurling money at Bandai lately...not a complaint, just an observation. Love me some Hi-Metal R action!

At least after Max I'll be all paid up on Macross stuff until April...never mind...forgot about the Delta releases :p

VF-1J Max has a release date.

attachicon.gifvf1jmax.jpg

Good thing I made allowances for that. The trend seems to release these valks earlier. Now I was planning on having the 3rd sortie book shipped I hope they don't arrive at the same time. Last time I picked up my stuff from the post office I had to pick up 2 boxes but I was worried about getting taxed. On the bright side I only had to go just once to pick up the 2 boxes instead of twice.

Just checked out those smoke effects for the missles. I like them but they seem a bit pricey for what you get. The other effects parts I bought from bandai were a lot cheaper, I think around 12 bucks to 20 bucks? I think it'd be cool if they made the smoke parts for the GBP though.

I wonder if Datong or some other company will produce KOs of the missile effects.

I'm thinking this is possible. I got my KO explosion effect in the mail this week and it looks just like the Bandai one. Except mine arrived with a broken tendril, which I don't yet know how the seller is going to handle that. I started a return request through Ebay and attached pictures to the request and the first thing the seller came back with was "can you send the pictures again?"

That bothers me a lot because I can still log in and go to the request and see the pics there. The process doesn't send them directly to the seller, it hosts them on Ebay. To me this feels like the seller is messing around.

I'm thinking this is possible. I got my KO explosion effect in the mail this week and it looks just like the Bandai one. Except mine arrived with a broken tendril, which I don't yet know how the seller is going to handle that. I started a return request through Ebay and attached pictures to the request and the first thing the seller came back with was "can you send the pictures again?"

That bothers me a lot because I can still log in and go to the request and see the pics there. The process doesn't send them directly to the seller, it hosts them on Ebay. To me this feels like the seller is messing around.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that! I've gotten three of the recolor KO effect pieces (black fire, purple fire, and 'lava' explosion) from different sellers, as they seem to get shut down from time to time, and only had problems with the lava. Luckily in my case, I didn't get the runaround you seem to be. I should probably get a few more explosion effects, since I'm buying so heavily into the Hi-Metal R line.

I hope it gets settled out for you soon!

Edited by Thessair

How much? Still MSRP? If you want more, there's still some at Nippon-Yasan. ;)

$64 shipped from Mandarake. Yeah I know about NY still selling them. They've been up still for a while. CDJ had them off and on for $59 but they're finally sold out and I think I'm good for now. Time to plan on army building Destroids.

Scratch that. I just saw a CF for 5000 yen on Mandarake so I ordered it.

Edited by sh9000

$64 shipped from Mandarake. Yeah I know about NY still selling them. They've been up still for a while. CDJ had them off and on for $59 but they're finally sold out and I think I'm good for now. Time to plan on army building Destroids.

Scratch that. I just saw a CF for 5000 yen on Mandarake so I ordered it.

Enjoy your army sir! Time to create your own Prometheus then. ;)

Got my 1J Hikaru. The blue canopy, while TV anime accurate (watched the Bye Bye Mars Robotech ep to verify), is off-putting and weird. They should have included it as a bonus part with the regular canopy also. They also should have included a bonus hand holding a Misa figure.