Hi-Metal R

joppewo

After 12-days, usps finally delivered my first.

It's ok. Not tight, but not loose. Pod articulation is a bit limited in posing compared to my Revy.

In fact, it can't really do my simple Revy pose...

post-263-0-07365600-1457658137_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-68520800-1457658150_thumb.jpg

Yeah. Can't quite turn the pod to face properly coz of the hip.

A bit awkward, but it's all good, tho. It's nicely big enough.

Will think of other poses while I play more with it.

edit:

Forgot to mention the paint is a bit on the dull matte-ish side compared to the rather glossy/vivid Revy. Grey limbs instead of the revy white.

Edited by treatment

Bring on the Destroid preorders!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I like those destroids. But the Tomahawk cannons have covered barrels muzzles.

I haven't seen photos of the green destroid front red canopy opening for the gun. I assume the M open up for missiles. Were they all different colors in the cartoon? I thought they were all beige sand except for the green mech

I don't think people paid that much attention to this line when it came out years ago. Give us enemy mecha and people start getting very interested.

Hi-Metal R is looking like our best chance to build a complete collection of characters/mecha from both sides, in-scale and for a reasonable price. I'm all in.

I have to say, these stand up to handling much better than my Yamato stuff. I don't worry about breaking things. I love my Yamato Valks as display pieces, but these Hi-Metal R figures seem to be better toys. My two Regults are waiting for their Glaug leader to show up. Looking forward to it. :)

I don't think people paid that much attention to this line when it came out years ago. Give us enemy mecha and people start getting very interested.

It was too hard for me to care about the Hi Metal line last time around with Yamato valks around for the same price or lower..

This time though I am fully in so far and have managed to get every release thus far.

Edited by Loop

No wonder the Zentraedi can barely shoot anything down with these things. Their cannons can't shoot straight ahead! Hehe :)

That was one of my nitpicks is that the cannons can't quite turn forwards all the way.

One of the things the revoltech regult can do is point the cannons straight forward.

How straight do you guys want it to point forward?

This is my HM-R Regult with cannons straight forward.

post-263-0-78117700-1457671170_thumb.jpg

Wondering, does anyone have a Wave 1/100 VF-1A battroid they could pose the Regult with? Wondering if they would look good together since I'm not really terribly interested in buying HMR 1/100 valks with my existing 1/60 and 1/48 collection.. those Wave models are fairly cheap though.

Got my Regult today and I'm not impressed. I really don't like the visible metal in the knee joint and on other parts. The side boosters and the back cannons all spin by the slightest touch and make it difficult to pose everything just right. The stand arm is too short and the stand adapter comes off way too easily. No articulation in the lower guns is also disappointing.

Overall, I like my Toynami battlepod more. It is bigger, was cheaper and even though it does not have as much articulation, it just looks better on display.

Days after placing a pre-order for the Glaug the same store increased the price for new preorders.

My invoice still list the lower price. When they ask for payment they better not change the price on me.

Got my Regult today and I'm not impressed. I really don't like the visible metal in the knee joint and on other parts. The side boosters and the back cannons all spin by the slightest touch and make it difficult to pose everything just right. The stand arm is too short and the stand adapter comes off way too easily. No articulation in the lower guns is also disappointing.

Overall, I like my Toynami battlepod more. It is bigger, was cheaper and even though it does not have as much articulation, it just looks better on display.

Now i'm wondering if any of the 6 I bought will have any of your issues with looseness. The one I opened up is nice and tight I can pose the thrusters and rear guns any way I want and they stay put. Maybe there is a way to remove them and get them tightened up.

Now i'm wondering if any of the 6 I bought will have any of your issues with looseness. The one I opened up is nice and tight I can pose the thrusters and rear guns any way I want and they stay put. Maybe there is a way to remove them and get them tightened up.

has anyone got theirs with the rear laser cannons broken off? or was I the only sucker who did.. though im thinking it was due to being stuffed in a suit case for the flight from HK that did it..

has anyone got theirs with the rear laser cannons broken off? or was I the only sucker who did.. though im thinking it was due to being stuffed in a suit case for the flight from HK that did it..

I received the three I ordered and none of them had the rear lasers broken off

I received the three I ordered and none of them had the rear lasers broken off

mine either broke off whilst in the suitcase but what I find funny is the instruction leaflet actually states caution that those very laser cannons are delicate.. looks like I lucked out. -_-