Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, Crimson9 said:

I couldn't decide if I was in on this line or not. I opened up my Elintseeker last night and ended up ordering Max and Miriya this morning for $290 shipped.  

You'll live to regret it! :D

3 hours ago, Crimson9 said:

I couldn't decide if I was in on this line or not. I opened up my Elintseeker last night and ended up ordering Max and Miriya this morning for $290 shipped.  

That's not a complete line, you need to buy some more :lol:

So I finally opened up my Defender. It's solid, great looking, and really fun to pose. Plus it rounds out the collection well. This was my first destroid, and it makes me really look forward to the Tomahawk. I would love for that to be next release, since we've had 2 valks lately, and it's been teased since forever.

IMG_2913.JPG

3 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

So I finally opened up my Defender. It's solid, great looking, and really fun to pose. Plus it rounds out the collection well. This was my first destroid, and it makes me really look forward to the Tomahawk. I would love for that to be next release, since we've had 2 valks lately, and it's been teased since forever.

IMG_2913.JPG

The monitor worked out as a nice bg for the 1S there.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Hmm.. So far the HMR Monster, Spartan, Defender are done. Phalanx, Tomahawk (and possibly the Koening as well?) are still up for debate.. -_-      

I'd say the Koenig would actually be a very easy release, since Bandai's already made several in SMS markings.  The scaling may be off from some of the other HMR releases, but many of those aren't entirely consistent in the first place.  In some ways, the existing Bandai VB-6 is already more "Hi-Metal" than a lot of other releases, since it's got a pretty hefty metal internal structure.

That's not to say I would necessarily expect them to do it though, since I think doing a release in classic UN SPACY markings would require a different license.  I think the original Koenig only appeared in the VFX games before Frontier?

On the other hand though, this is Bandai, and if they think it'll be worth the investment, I doubt anything would block them from getting the necessary licensing to produce more Koenigs in other markings. 

Edited by Chronocidal

The HMR line is between 1/80 and 1/100 scale. The Koenig that currently exists is 1/120 scale. I guess if we see HMR VF25 we can start hoping for a Koenig renewal in scale but I don't think a reissue of the existing you with an HMR label would cut it.

Maaan...if Bandai doesn't finish out the Destroids...HM-R will be remembered as the all time ALL MOST greatest Macross toy line. I have no doubt we'll see the Tomahawk, but the Phalanx???..I'm slightly nervous about that one. And we NEED ENEMIES! (TV Q Rau!) 

16 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

IMG_2913.JPG

Nice pic.  Who do you have piloting the VF-1S?  I’ve got TV Hikaru inside of mine.  And I agree with @Slave IV.  The background just happened to work well with the VF-1S in front of it.

11 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

The destroids are my favorite units of the HMR line. Wish I had the space to get a second monster and glaug. 

If you want them then go for it.  I don’t have space and I have 4 Monsters and 2 Glaugs.

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Maaan...if Bandai doesn't finish out the Destroids...HM-R will be remembered as the all time ALL MOST greatest Macross toy line. I have no doubt we'll see the Tomahawk, but the Phalanx???..I'm slightly nervous about that one. And we NEED ENEMIES! (TV Q Rau!) 

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

Yeah, they really have to finish the destroids. We just just need two more, you can do it Bandai! 

I have a feeling that the Tomahawk and Phalanx and more enemy mecha will still be released.

I don’t doubt any releases of items we have seen as prototypes. Bandai seems ok with pulling out odd xabungle items no one ever asked for, so I think items that have been shown off rather completed like the tomahawk and phalanx are just a matter of time. I know the dyrl n ger may not have been as complete as those, but I still have hope.

11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If they release the Tomahawk I need to order like 5, got a couple of bit Battletech fan friends who'll want a nice warhammer figure.

I'll admit that some of my love for the Tomahawk comes from my Battletech (or Mechwarrior) experience, which was years before my knowledge of Macross.

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice pic.  Who do you have piloting the VF-1S?  I’ve got TV Hikaru inside of mine.  And I agree with @Slave IV.  The background just happened to work well with the VF-1S in front of it.

Thanks. TV Hikaru is piloting mine as well. B))

4 hours ago, Big s said:

I don’t doubt any releases of items we have seen as prototypes. Bandai seems ok with pulling out odd xabungle items no one ever asked for, so I think items that have been shown off rather completed like the tomahawk and phalanx are just a matter of time. 

Has the Phalanx actually been teased or shown yet? I didn't think it had...

Found this interesting while I wait for more destroids and enemy mechs. Looks like someone is making a Thunder Hummer type armor for the HMR VF-1s.

Support frame?

Spoiler

DWANjxoVAAEr27w.jpg

Fitting:

Spoiler

DXYLSrjUQAEyFdO.jpg

Thunder Hummerish:

Spoiler

DXRri_4UMAAzidW.jpg:large

6 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Found this interesting while I wait for more destroids and enemy mechs. Looks like someone is making a Thunder Hummer type armor for the HMR VF-1s.

Support frame?

Reveal hidden contents

DWANjxoVAAEr27w.jpg

Fitting:

Reveal hidden contents

DXYLSrjUQAEyFdO.jpg

Thunder Hummerish:

Reveal hidden contents

DXRri_4UMAAzidW.jpg:large

Cool.  I’m down for 3rd party Macross items if noboby else is making them.  Especially in HMR scale.  I’ll be sure to check for updates.  Here’s their page.

https://facebook.com/FEXT-HOBBY-1641462599257543/

3 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Seems like the ve-1 is cursed.  Mine's been stuck in New York for a week now.  I know they've had some bad whether up there, but I don't think it was that bad...

They had planes landing side-ways and aborting from super high winds yesterday.

21 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Cool.  I’m down for 3rd party Macross items if noboby else is making them.  Especially in HMR scale.  I’ll be sure to check for updates.  Here’s their page.

https://facebook.com/FEXT-HOBBY-1641462599257543/

I don't get it, but it is awesome. What's that from?

Nowhere. It was a fan-made scrachbuilt Model a while back in Model Graphix magazine (pretty sure that’s the one) and it’s never really left the Macross consciousness. 

On 3/4/2018 at 10:56 PM, fenrir72 said:

Second batch reorder? April is quite a long wait!

No they’re coming by boat.  ;)

22 hours ago, arbit said:

I don't get it, but it is awesome. What's that from?

I’m under the impression that the company will be selling the armor.

1F000DF4-1BB2-4C72-AD07-7BB16DB85272.thumb.jpeg.e8b5b5f9a3737738c0ad6863368a46f0.jpeg

Blue Fighters.