Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 1/18/2018 at 8:24 AM, Atheonyirh said:

I wonder just how they're going to handle the fighter mode stand adapter for it. They'd have to make a new one due to the VE-1's ELINT pieces on the arms, surely? Not that the lack of good connection has stopped them from just using the super parts adapter even with units that don't have those parts for a good connection.

There's really no way that the current super parts fighter mode adapter would work. I also think they'd sculpt another one. I can't see them leaving that out, given that fighter mode is likely how most would display this. Wasn't there a photo of it on a stand at a recent show a few pages back?

And that's a good price for the VE-1 at NY.

2 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

And that's a good price for the VE-1 at NY.

I would get the VF-1E at NY, however I really don't like their S+H due to the insane mark ups (from what I read and the fiasco with my copy of the Hi-Metal R DYRL Roy). Going to play it safe and try other options as NY will be my last resort if I can find an Elintseeker anywhere else.

I know that YMMV with other members using this supplier.   

I don't know about their shipping times but you can get it at NY shipped by SAL for the same price as the unshipped HLJ price.

Edit, it was also available at hlj earlier today too. I have one in order there because I can ship it with some other toys I bought.

Edited by jenius

37 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I got my ve-1s from cdjapan. They were only a few bucks more than NY; I got a few hundred yen credit for creating an account as well. 

You'll also get more points for purchasing those ve-1s. , and if you fill in your birthdate they will give you 300 yen on your birthday month .  Their reward system is very good .

So.... Tomahawk in May and VT-1 in June? Please? :)

If I ran Bandai, these would be other releases coming up:

VF-1A TV Kakizaki with SHFiguarts Vritai gift-set
Phalanx
VF-1A DYRL Max Jenius with 1S head for converting and super/strike parts
TV Q-Rau
VF-1A TV Max Jenius with Zentran outfit gift-set
Male Power Armor
TV VF-1S Focker with TV Super Parts
DYRL Q-Rau Miria
VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki
DYRL Q-Rau Max
VF-1A Angelbirds
Scout Regult
VF-1A Cavaliers

45 minutes ago, jenius said:

Phalanx
TV Q-Rau
Male Power Armor
DYRL Q-Rau Miria
VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki
DYRL Q-Rau Max
VF-1A Angelbirds
Scout Regult
VF-1A Cavaliers

Yes please!

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Phalanx
TV Q-Rau
Male Power Armor
DYRL Q-Rau Miria
VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki
DYRL Q-Rau Max
VF-1A Angelbirds
Scout Regult
VF-1A Cavaliers

Good list.  I’ll probably have most of the VF-1’s done before Bandai makes them but I’ll still support and buy the officials.  The DYRL VF-1A Max to VF-1S Max won’t be an easy swap conversion unless they make a new VF-1S head on a ball joint since the VF-1A neck joint is not easy to remove.  Plus the modex will be different so they’ll have to include an extra nosecone and wings.  The colors of the heat shields and circles for the skulls on the fast packs are also different.

Paid for my VE-1’s at NY.  I’ll use my discount for the next order of HMR which hopefully is the Tomahawk or VT-1.  Can’t wait to expand the collection with more HMR along with some 1/100 Battroid kits, 1/100 Lancers, and a 1/100 Rabbit.

Edited by sh9000

Yes, it's clear Bandai hasn't figured out a ball jointed 1S head yet for the HMR so that really makes the Max 1A/1S a long shot but hey, if I ran Bandai that's what I'd do. I'd also just provide a sticker sheet for the modex like they did with the DX Grace/CF VF-27. An HMR with a Figuart is a daydream... too bad 'cause I think they'd be awesome.

In other news, I just posted a review of the HMR Regults, head on over to anymoon to check it out!

Bandai-HMR-Missile-Regult-6.jpg

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, I missed them first, too.  They should be taped under the side of the tray, one on each side.

Ah, thank god. That really helps pose the one I have with the bad knee joints, with the stand I can actually have it standing.

Great pics, Jenius

You folks that have setup light boxes/photo studios and such for photography, have you made your own or do you use an off-the-shelf product?  I've had my eye on this one for awhile but haven't been brave enough to order it.  I'd welcome any input on what to get what not to get what to look for what to avoid, etc.

Plastic Cretins (EXO) has provided several cool sculpts so far in 1/100 scale to accompany HMR.  It would be great to get a 1/100 Fan Liner and Fan Racer.

Preparation in progress for the Elintseekers from NY.  It’s going to be another wait since they’ll be shipping by registered ferry.

26 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Did you paint the Gnerl you got from him?

No.  I want to start painting one but I haven’t worked on anything lately, even finishing the Cavaliers.  Hopefuly I’ll find some time soon.

CC7DCBCF-B0E4-4B61-8C8E-48A84915324E.jpeg.fdb5a756a7320f3ace673b89460b3542.jpeg

F519F919-9F25-46C6-883C-55A1A9243717.thumb.jpeg.50f08b99b7767fd80dc30c561cd6844d.jpeg

He did provide pics of somebody’s completed Gnerl and it looks really nice.  I’m going to paint my Gnerls similarly.

FC6D02A0-AF3B-41A6-8329-6501EECDD950.jpeg.8a8970475188ed558ef1dd189418abbc.jpeg

Saw this posted on facebook.  It’s 3 ft.  I wouldn’t mind owning one and having it in the background of my HMR Regults and other Zentradi.

Edited by sh9000

FC6D02A0-AF3B-41A6-8329-6501EECDD950.jpeg.8a8970475188ed558ef1dd189418abbc.jpeg

Saw this posted on facebook.  It’s 3 ft.  I wouldn’t mind owning one and having it in the background of my HMR Regults and other Zentradi.

Winup Scale Models on Shapeways offers one in multiple scales: 1/8000, 1/10,000, and 1/20,000... I'm sorely tempted to get one...

Edited by slide

17 hours ago, sh9000 said:

No.  I want to start painting one but I haven’t worked on anything lately, even finishing the Cavaliers.  Hopefuly I’ll find some time soon.

CC7DCBCF-B0E4-4B61-8C8E-48A84915324E.jpeg.fdb5a756a7320f3ace673b89460b3542.jpeg

F519F919-9F25-46C6-883C-55A1A9243717.thumb.jpeg.50f08b99b7767fd80dc30c561cd6844d.jpeg

He did provide pics of somebody’s completed Gnerl and it looks really nice.  I’m going to paint my Gnerls similarly.

That's my Gnerl! I've been meaning to post pics of it, but haven't had the time to take good pics of it cos of work, and other macross related models I'm working on... someday i'll get around to taking proper pics..... also, as an aside, I ended up finding decals and placing it over my hand painted zentraedi symbols