Hi-Metal R

joppewo

13 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

I think I'm sold on the Regult set. Did I miss the boat? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I really want a set now.

NY has them: 

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/21764-hi-metal-r-regult-missile-type-set-limited-edition.html

But you're paying a pretty steep premium compared to pre-order prices.  I'd also keep an eye on the For Sale forums here over the next few weeks, someone might let a set go.

9 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

NY has them: 

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/21764-hi-metal-r-regult-missile-type-set-limited-edition.html

But you're paying a pretty steep premium compared to pre-order prices.  I'd also keep an eye on the For Sale forums here over the next few weeks, someone might let a set go.

That's a better price than this one: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/14025-hi-metal-r-regult.html  :lol:

On 1/1/2018 at 4:31 PM, hachi said:

And one of the little cannons of the missile type flew off somewhere while I tried opening the cockpit hatch. I seem to be very clumsy with the little things...

This happened to me twice. A dab of blu-tack keeps them secure.

42 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

E76D42F4-85E6-4961-A4DB-82CB23F8BC98.thumb.jpeg.6ee8ba2a44ac3500179ce31bc04c7c4a.jpeg

Armored up the VF-2SS and put the effect part on the gun.

Great stand!!!  Which one is that?  Wished they included it with the toy.

52 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

E76D42F4-85E6-4961-A4DB-82CB23F8BC98.thumb.jpeg.6ee8ba2a44ac3500179ce31bc04c7c4a.jpeg

Armored up the VF-2SS and put the effect part on the gun.

how exactly does that battroid stand attachment fit?  Do you have to have the hip hinges out a certain amount?  I like to have them hinged inward as much as possible so most of it is hidden behind the nose.

6 hours ago, HG Blows said:

how exactly does that battroid stand attachment fit?  Do you have to have the hip hinges out a certain amount?  I like to have them hinged inward as much as possible so most of it is hidden behind the nose.

They hinge inward.  You take the bottom ofnthe nose cone off and the attachement plugs into the holes along the cockpit andnthen you fold the hinges inward to help hold the brace in.

19 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

Holy sheet!

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Beautiful. Cant wait for mine to arrive.:rolleyes:

You'll be very happy with them,.

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Lovely pic @Saburo.  Once my HMR Regults come in I think I’ll convert the 3 remaining Toynami Regults into DYRL versions.

Thanks @sh9000, looking forward to seeing your custom Regults.

11 hours ago, Mr Jones said:

Those are SOOOO NICE

They are pretty cool!!

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Looks great! I'll get mine... in March. :mellow:

They arrived just before Christmas but didn't take them out of the box till after New Years.  They seem have slightly tighter joints compared to the regular Regults especially in the knees.  I'll know for sure when I break out the Regults and Glaug for a photoshoot. Now I kinda wish I ordered a 2nd set. :lol::unsure:

7 hours ago, ZorClone said:

Outstanding photo, Saburo

Thank you @ZorClone!

The Glaug also comes with that type of stand and two of the Stage Act 4 style arms. Missile set includes that stand and 4 of that type of arm due to the 4 separate pieces they need to support for a full deployment of a specific missile type. Was glad when someone here commented on or showed using one of those stands, since I haven't found a use for the stand itself at that point and it spared me needing to get a Trident Plus.

Had a few hours with the missile regults and vf-2ss, so I guess I'll give my 2 cents here.  Love the missile regults, I was excited for them from the beginning, and they did not disappoint.  They seemed pretty easy to get right and bandai delivered.  It seems like they even tightened up the side thrusters on this release, which spun around too easily (imo) on the original release.  My only complaint is that one of my knees was kind of loose right out of the box (about as loose as the one I've had for months).  I was hoping they would solve that problem, but it looks like it will continue to be an issue for some of them.

For the vf-2ss, not a whole lot to say that hasn't already been said.  Transformation to fighter mode and back was surprisingly easy for a macross newbie like myself, probably in large part to how the thing only tabs together in a few spots, and just relies on a bunch of hinges to actually work.  Props to Bandai for even trying this thing, as the amount of anime magic involved in this design is really apparent when you get it in hand.  I think I like Gerwalk mode the best, overall.  My mini rant is about the stupid cannon on the SAP.  What an idiotic design.  I'm seriously considering a way to make the barrel removable.  You either have to have this giant thing sticking way out there, or have it down over the mech's face, in what is one of the dumbest poses I've ever seen in mecha anime.  I like the rest of the SAP, and the vf-2ss looks kind of naked without it, but I freakin' hate that cannon.

Edited by HardlyNever

Congrats to people getting the Regult sets in.

Yeah that stand is from the Glaug which is the same as the one from the Missile Effects.  I didn’t know that it also comes with the Regult sets as jenius mentioned.

20 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

It seems like they even tightened up the side thrusters on this release, which spun around too easily (imo) on the original release. 

That's good. My standard Regult was very tedious to pose due to the side thrusters always spinning around.

43 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Btw, any trusty place where I could order the set of missiles Regult?

I've been looking but only find the Glaug

The missile Regults were TWE, or Tamashii Web Exclusive items, only sites like Nippon Yasan and Anime Export carried them, and only sites like those and Ebay will have them now, at an inflated price.

2 hours ago, Arkham said:

Btw, any trusty place where I could order the set of missiles Regult?

I've been looking but only find the Glaug

N-Y and LOOPAZA have it in stock right now; and as Tking22 stated, eBay is always an option of last resort.  Other places to look are Mandarake and Jungle.  Expect to pay an inflated price at this time as the exclusive nature of this set means there will never be a re-release of it in the same form.