Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Whew. Gonna be an expensive few months, then. Two Cannon Fodders, TV Hikaru VF-1J, Max and Millia. My poor wallet. Thank God there are no Masterpiece Transformers on my list for the time being.

Be sure to post pics off all those CF's fighting all your Regults (I'm slowly army building but with Yamatos 1/60 DYRL Cannon Fodders)!!!

I just paid at AmiAmi for my Cannon Fodder. It's going to be my first HM R VF-1. I just got the Regult, Glaug and Monster.

My favorite Destroid has always been the Tomahawk. It looks so fierce, bristling with guns, cannons and missiles. I'll probably get a couple of those when they come out.

The VF-1A just went up on HLJ. Limit 1 per customer.

I am not sure if you pre-ordered if that counts towards the limit.

I think it technically does, but with the Regult I preordered one and ordered another once it went into normal stock status, and got both from HLJ without issue. I'm gonna shoot for that again with the CF and see how it goes.

The CF will be my first HMR valk so I'm really curious to see if/how I like them compared to my Yamatos. At the moment I personally love how the Regults and Glaug scale to a 1/60 Yamato, even though I know it's incorrect. I want to set the CFs up as guards/close support for the Monster until the destroids get their releases. :p

I was pleasantly surprised when I got my first HMR Valkyrie. I got it mainly because of the enemy mech available to scale with. Not gonna say they are anything close to the level of toy you get with the 1/60s but it's much better than I thought it would be. Only thing is I wish they came with some sort of prop that doubles as storage for the extra parts/partsforming. Something like Tamashii effects buildings, ships or whatever so I have a place to store stuff that also adds to my display.

Only thing is I wish they came with some sort of prop that doubles as storage for the extra parts/partsforming. Something like Tamashii effects buildings, ships or whatever so I have a place to store stuff that also adds to my display.

RIGHT?! My displays are riddled with extra parts and greebles. The regults work okay for storage, but the monster could have been a good opportunity for a parts storage piece.

RIGHT?! My displays are riddled with extra parts and greebles. The regults work okay for storage, but the monster could have been a good opportunity for a parts storage piece.

Damn, I always complained that the Regult and Glaug have cool detailed, opening cockpits but no way a scaled figure would fit in them. Using that space for storage is something I never thought of, thanks! And yeah, great idea to make storage space inside figures that have space for it.

Anyone get any payment requests from HLJ yet for the VF-1A?

N-Y just sent mail, TV Hikaru release moved to 15 Oct instead of 31 Oct.

That soon? I missed out on the pre-order and expected new pre-orders to open up like with all of he other HMR products but it never happened. I hope I don't miss out on this one.

Huh.. odd, the VF-1A is listed as "low stock" on HLJ.. and my order is still listed as "open" on my account. :huh:

Not exactly worried, I just checked Nippon Yasan and saw they had them in stock, so I ordered two more. But still weird. Best case, it just means I have three instead of two, but I'm a little concerned about HLJ's processing. Do wish I could combine the shipping with my pair of Hikaru 1Js though, I'm going to be getting a bunch of little boxes next month.

Here's hoping Max is this easy to get when he actually arrives. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

I want an SDF-1 playset like the one in the old promo pics or something similar. Make it in separate pieces to build with plenty of storage compartments

attachicon.gifIMG_5599.JPG

Yeah, I've been drooling over that display since I saw it. Storage is a big issue for these figures since they come with so many parts that don't all have a place to go at one time. I don't like having to dig through my boxes everytime I want to transform between FIghter/Gerwalk and Battroid modes.

Huh.. odd, the VF-1A is listed as "low stock" on HLJ.. and my order is still listed as "open" on my account. :huh:

Not exactly worried, I just checked Nippon Yasan and saw they had them in stock, so I ordered two more. But still weird. Best case, it just means I have three instead of two, but I'm a little concerned about HLJ's processing. Do wish I could combine the shipping with my pair of Hikaru 1Js though, I'm going to be getting a bunch of little boxes next month.

Here's hoping Max is this easy to get when he actually arrives. :p

HLJ is like that sometimes, I can assure you it will definitely go through, eventually. As long as no error occurred during the order they got it, they just have to play catch up.

And just like that, AmiAmi sent out my three Brownies and Figuarts Jango.

Same, oh well, looks like my HMR fleet is growing. And here I was telling myself I wouldn't buy them all... who was I kidding? :p

Really though, I don't expect Bandai to release so many variants as the Yamato 1/60 line. Once I get ahold of the M&Ms, a VF-1D, and VT-1, I'll probably be done, since that should cover the iconic ones. Maybe a Max 1A if it happens, just in case they make a Q-Rau for him to fight with. :)

I want an SDF-1 playset like the one in the old promo pics or something similar. Make it in separate pieces to build with plenty of storage compartments

IMG_5599.JPG

Not sure if it vapor ware but the tomy gimix had a video in the model discussion. It showcased the variants and the Tomahawk on a movie sdf with the valks on the launcher arms and closing doors

I use the mechanical chain bases. They look ok

Edited by beatsing