Hi-Metal R

joppewo

6 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

We know the Hi-Metal line is not exactly 1/100, but a bit taller.

Yeah I meant if your N-Ger was a little bit taller.  That’s why I’m hesitant to build any of the 1/100 kits that I have.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't kept up. Is Macross Hi-Metal R officially dead? I hope not.

Where's my Max and Kakizaki TV VF-1A's? TV Roy VF-1S? Queadluun Rau? Wasn't the Tomahawk ready to go?

I'm only buying one DX because of cost/space issues, but I was all in with Hi-Metal R.

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Not to be snarky @Drad, do you read previous posts? I think that we're all guilty of that as we read only the updated news and not the old ones.

I read a ways back. Saw Taps being played for Hi-Metal R, supposedly. Still didn't see anything that officially said Macross Hi-Metal R was done. If it is, bummer.

15 hours ago, Drad said:

I read a ways back. Saw Taps being played for Hi-Metal R, supposedly. Still didn't see anything that officially said Macross Hi-Metal R was done. If it is, bummer.

Has there ever been an official announcement that a line was dead? Just wondering?

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Has there ever been an official announcement that a line was dead? Just wondering?

I don’t remember seeing any ‘official’ announcements made by Bandai when a toy line gets cancelled. They just stop and move to the next thing. :unsure:

It's a surely bet that when they [R]estart this line again, we're going to see another round of [R]efined VF-1's all over again to somehow [R]eintroduce the new line to the customers. Announce and show some prototypes of some obscure mechas that wasn't produced from the last line in events and whatnot, and during midway of the new line they will just set it aside the whole thing again. :wacko:

But hey, atleast new collectors get to buy some new batches of [R]efined VF-1's at MSRP. Win-win again for Bandai, right? :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's a surely bet that when they [R]estart this line again, we're going to see another round of [R]efined VF-1's all over again to somehow [R]eintroduce the new line to the customers. Announce and show some prototypes of some obscure mechas that wasn't produced from the last line in events and whatnot, and during midway of the new line they will just set it aside the whole thing again. :wacko:

But hey, atleast new collectors get to buy some new batches of [R]efined VF-1's at MSRP. Win-win again for Bandai, right? :rolleyes:

And they will not be Hi Metal white or HMR grey but somewhere in between.............. so they don't match.:lol:

1 minute ago, rocketblast said:

I was hoping Bandai would re-issue the VF-1S Roy Focker.  Guess that is never happening.  Weren't they also suppose to come out with Khakizaki?  I loved this line, very easy to place around the desk or on the computer.

Kakizaki is one of those figures that got displayed from previous events (definitely not last year's events) that wasn't produced... yet.

On 11/6/2020 at 8:59 AM, mantisfists said:

Especially since they already seemed to have a Tomahawk ready to go.  

th.thumb.jpeg.db05523b150f27537499cb879df122f4.jpeg

Just release it already, Bandai!!

On 11/6/2020 at 2:19 PM, mantisfists said:

Let's not...

maxresdefault.thumb.jpeg.5fe521d0a3b189a0e1d357f313a05aa1.jpeg

Or the Nousjadeul-Ger...

24311621834_c665b5e253_b.thumb.jpeg.5a32be8c13af41640f047ee17ac20ba9.jpeg

Or the Phalanx...

1096411310_HI-METALRDestroidPhalanximage00.thumb.jpeg.9963139b0b63c34cbf30798ddd7b4409.jpeg

Or, dare I say.....

1632468971_HI-METALRVF-1AKakizakiUnitTVversionimage00.thumb.jpeg.2112b7ba481a5bb81b9d4d790c8bca00.jpeg

Stop playing with my emotions, Bandai.  Don't make a brotha go Big Worm on ya!