Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Seems strange not having any pending HMR releases at the moment, even if they're not Macross related.

As of October there have been five released this year, one of which was Macross (VF-4G Lightning III).

It looks like there were only four released last year, two of which were Macross (VF-1D and VF-4 Lightning III).

Here's hoping they've got some good things in store for the future.

We might see a glimpse of a few (?) HMR that will be on display in the Tamashii Nations Show next month on November 6-8 virtually. Most likely the DX YF-29 Alto Full set and the DX VF-1s Roy and the Supers (both TV version) will be on display.

Still need? 

HMR Defender on Manda for 7k yen (box resealed [quality check by manufacture, item unused] package damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1098449520&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Edit: Add to list

HMR Regult for 12k yen (tape resealed, package damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1128688339&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Edited by borgified

5 hours ago, borgified said:

We might see a glimpse of a few (?) HMR that will be on display in the Tamashii Nations Show next month on November 6-8 virtually. Most likely the DX YF-29 Alto Full set and the DX VF-1s Roy and the Supers (both TV version) will be on display.

Fingers crossed! :)

On 10/20/2020 at 9:13 AM, RDX17 said:

Seems strange not having any pending HMR releases at the moment, even if they're not Macross related.

As of October there have been five released this year, one of which was Macross (VF-4G Lightning III).

It looks like there were only four released last year, two of which were Macross (VF-1D and VF-4 Lightning III).

Here's hoping they've got some good things in store for the future.

Hopefully, Bandai pulls through with more HMR. 

Slowly loosing hope for this line.

Maybe there’s hope after this exhibition.

4 hours ago, borgified said:

HMR Spartan on Amiami for 6k yen (Item B, Box B)

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-027033-R

Thank you! I just grabbed him. 

My HM-R set is almost done now! I started this summer with the Monster. $800 latter, I've got everything I want except for the GBP armor. Hopefully the line continues and I can get them as new releases now. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Soul of Hi-Metal Double R DX

I think the Superbikes have the system down. The Superbike designations go (for the most part):

-R (race)

-RR (really racey:D)

-RS (Race Support). Customer versions of the Factory/Works/Corse team superbikes

-F (Factory/Works/Corse). Unobtanium.

Macross Hi-Metal R might be dead, but there are a lot of fantastic Hi-Metal R bots coming from Dragonar, L-Gaim, and Votoms. Also, what looks like a neat vehicle set to go with the Dougram Hi-Metals. 

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/1110285/

If you haven't picked up the non-Macross Hi-Metal line you are missing out on some of the best robot toys of the past few years. I just recently got the Bat-Shu frum L-Gaim and it is a thing of beauty. I hope we do get some holes filled in the Macross line, but just think of the amazing stuff we have gotten already. 

That's nice to see the Dougram Hi Metal R line sort of continuing. The vehicles look good but they come with a straight up reissue of the Soltic? They should have at least changed the unit number 

Edit: Eh Maybe the Soltic is just there for reference and the vehicles are a set.

Edited by Corrinald

17 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Yes, there are other great HMR lines, but it will be a crime if we don't complete the Macross Destroid line.

I agree 100%. Also, still want Max and Kakizaki 1A's from both SDF and DYRL. Those seem like a slamdunk seeing as they already have the tooling. As a matter of fact, Those 4 VFs and the remaining 2 Destroids would make the Hi-Metal Macross line complete in my book. Well maybe Milla Power Suit and a Zentradi  fighter pod..... oh oh and a fan racer..... Ugh! I just made myself sad. 

34 minutes ago, Felix said:

I agree 100%. Also, still want Max and Kakizaki 1A's from both SDF and DYRL. Those seem like a slamdunk seeing as they already have the tooling. As a matter of fact, Those 4 VFs and the remaining 2 Destroids would make the Hi-Metal Macross line complete in my book. Well maybe Milla Power Suit and a Zentradi  fighter pod..... oh oh and a fan racer..... Ugh! I just made myself sad. 

There are Max and Kakizaki DYRL VF-1A's in Hi Metal. That's what I did to fill the DYRL squad out.

Looks like I'm going to need customs to fill out SDFM.<_<

16 minutes ago, sqidd said:

There are Max and Kakizaki DYRL VF-1A's in Hi Metal. That's what I did to fill the DYRL squad out.

Looks like I'm going to need customs to fill out SDFM.<_<

True, but those are the original Hi-Metal line not the R line. I forgot all about those.