Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Too bad there's been no Macross HMR release since February. It would be nice if Bandai showed signs of life in this space before the end of the year, but the prognosis looks grim for 2020. We might not see any Macross HMR until 2021. Not that I want that to be true, it just seems to be the current state of things. :(

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, jaylive said:

so, is this line officially dead?

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Not quite dead yet.

Bandai's just prioritizing on making more Seed/Seed Destiny, Wing-KA and Unicorn rerererererenewals...

54 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yes, every time a new release comes out the line is dead. Until the next release. 

27 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Too bad there's been no Macross HMR release since February. It would be nice if Bandai showed signs of life in this space before the end of the year, but the prognosis looks grim for 2020. We might not see any Macross HMR until 2021. Not that I want that to be true, it just seems to be the current state of things. :(

@technoblue is correct to say that the last HMR was released on February was the VF-4g Roy version (which reminds me: @Lolicon you still haven't received the HMR VF-4g Roy correct?) and not a peep for next pre-order madness for later this month (as it normally is).

Looks like that we may have to wait next year before there is something in the pipeline. 

20 minutes ago, borgified said:

@technoblue is correct to say that the last HMR was released on February was the VF-4g Roy version (which reminds me: @Lolicon you still haven't received the HMR VF-4g Roy correct?) and not a peep for next pre-order madness for later this month (as it normally is).

Looks like that we may have to wait next year before there is something in the pipeline. 

I got mine. I filed a dispute because NY never shipped it, got my money back, and then bought it off AJ shipped for less than NY.

I hear ya.....but sadly, as with so many other things, I feel like the dredded C word may have been the final nail in the coffin for the Macross HMR releases. I mean look at the last couple of years release counts, pitiful. Now I hope I'm completely wrong and they come back strong in 2021 with some awesome releases, but I think this ship has sailed. It's only about profit for Bandai, so when a line isn't producing the numbers, they're out. 

C word?  Oh COVID.

The problem is Bandai's desire to branch the line into other series, which they always do (except the DX Macross line). 

Had HMR been a Macross-only line, it may have continued for a longer time.  Unfortunately the poor sales on the Xabungle, Techroid Blader and now L-Gaim figures will likely kill the line for us Macross fans.  The Dougram sold well enough to warrant a re-release and I think both of the other Dougram releases were web-exclusives.  The HMR Dougram prices have been falling also.  That's the only other line I would have kept collecting.

As it is I sold my duplicates and the Messer VF-1.  I may not keep the HMR Elintseeker, will see.  I have the Arcadia PF one and I really do not need 2 representations of it.  I wonder if collecting is hitting a contracting phase again in general.

Edited by easnoddy

5 hours ago, easnoddy said:

C word?  Oh COVID.

The problem is Bandai's desire to branch the line into other series, which they always do (except the DX Macross line). 

Had HMR been a Macross-only line, it may have continued for a longer time.  Unfortunately the poor sales on the Xabungle, Techroid Blader and now L-Gaim figures will likely kill the line for us Macross fans.  The Dougram sold well enough to warrant a re-release and I think both of the other Dougram releases were web-exclusives.  The HMR Dougram prices have been falling also.  That's the only other line I would have kept collecting.

As it is I sold my duplicates and the Messer VF-1.  I may not keep the HMR Elintseeker, will see.  I have the Arcadia PF one and I really do not need 2 representations of it.  I wonder if collecting is hitting a contracting phase again in general.

this was my exact fear. once they started putting these other mecha into the line it was a bad sign for me. they just need a ben dixon, finish the destroids, and the 2 zent power armors and id be in heaven. cmon bandai!

4 hours ago, jaylive said:

this was my exact fear. once they started putting these other mecha into the line it was a bad sign for me. they just need a ben dixon, finish the destroids, and the 2 zent power armors and id be in heaven. cmon bandai!

You mean Ben/Hayao... 

I think that we've been brainwashed by Harmony Gold and their BS in control of the licence over here in American Shores. <_<

I think this year has gone into oblivion since COVID has taken over the world and controlled most if our own lives. The only things for the Macross franchise for this year is the release of the DX YF-29 Alto Full Set, DX VF-1s TV Roy and the TV Supers. 

No new HMR pre-orders, and no DX YF-21 pre-orders for the remainder of this year (although I can be wrong). 

Anyone else in the same boat?

I don't know the inner workings of Bandai at all. I suspect with the Rona going their production capacity has been reduced. It's been reduced in every industry I know someone in. The first thing Bandai is going to put back on the shelf for later are the lower earners. I hope that's what is going on and in 2022-2023 when things begin to normalize (yeah, I said 2022-2023) they will pull that stuff back down off the shelf.

18 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Don't forget the Regult Scout. We need the Scout or our Regults have no intel.:mellow:

12 hours ago, vladykins said:

I would think that repaints of valks would at least be a low-risk money grabber while they continue to evaluate stuff like destroids and zents. I know a Max/Hayao 1A two pack would sell. Or at least I'd buy it. ;)

11 hours ago, Corrinald said:

They could do a two pack of TV Max VF-1A and DYRL VF-1A Max plus the same for Hayao.....or a two pack thats TV Max and Hayao VF-1A plus a two pack for DYRL Max and Hayao

Yes to all of this.

58 minutes ago, borgified said:

It's up for anyone that wants to take a peek, however, @CharlesXavier is not breaking up the set. 

It's the BST thread: 

Thanks @borgified  I’m basing the total price at around 20% less the recent closed average prices on eBay. And the only way I can offer this price is to sell as a bulk to cut down on shipping costs which can be USD60-80 (cutthroat rates) a piece from where I live.

That said, this set would be great for someone who wants to start on the Hi-Metal R Macross series, which seems more or less concluded. 

38 minutes ago, Stranger said:

I never thought I would spend $70 on an accessory set, but I got the missile pack and am just in love with how they look. Wish they were cheaper so I could pick up another set!

Capture.JPG

I know what you mean. It hurt to pay that much to get a set, but I put the UUM-7 effects on my Roy Strike and the RMS-1 effects on my Max 1J and they both look great.

On 10/18/2020 at 12:47 AM, mantisfists said:

With JapanPost down, they have to personally get on a plane and fly to the nearest city to you, then hop in a limousine to bring it to your house. Dom in the limo for the ride to your house gets expensive.

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

With JapanPost down, they have to personally get on a plane and fly to the nearest city to you, then hop in a limousine to bring it to your house. Dom in the limo for the ride to your house gets expensive.

They had better be delivering hookers and blow too for that kind of money.:lol:

2 hours ago, vladykins said:

763916331_animation(50).thumb.gif.091bfc9a872e64b30caf81a9573feaca.gif

I had no idea Soul Plane was a documentary on HMR shipping.