Hi-Metal R

joppewo

11 hours ago, mantisfists said:

If shipping weren't so crazy right now, I'd be all over this.  I almost bought this when it came available this morning. Sooooooooo tempting.

I got one locally last month or else I would have bought it too : )  It's an awesome toy but once you get it, it's a slippery slope as I have gotten other HMRs too now.. haha

1 hour ago, apptt4 said:

Mandarake will have the Monster up again soon, I cancelled my order. shipping to Oz too exy at ¥12,310.

And it's back up for grabs! If anyone wants it then: Go Go Go and do a Speedy Gonzales.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1126967776&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Edit: Re-did link. 

Edited by borgified

It would be nice of Mandarake (or any other similar establishment) to publish the known shipping cost for whatever previous destination that was requested as part of its listing (I know Sahra had it, but nowadays everthing there just says "checking").

I imagine, it could save them quite a bit of trouble in the long run, especially for the bulkier items.

4 hours ago, BlueMax said:

It would be nice of Mandarake (or any other similar establishment) to publish the known shipping cost for whatever previous destination that was requested as part of its listing (I know Sahra had it, but nowadays everthing there just says "checking").

I imagine, it could save them quite a bit of trouble in the long run, especially for the bulkier items.

That would be a major web site/software upgrade to a site that alreday looks like it's held together by bumble gum. And it may be something as simple as they can't get the DHL supplied software to play well with their site. It may be less expensive to have the employees spend extra time doing the back and forth opposed to upgrading and then dealing with the inevitable "working out the bugs".

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

That would be a major web site/software upgrade to a site that alreday looks like it's held together by bumble gum. And it may be something as simple as they can't get the DHL supplied software to play well with their site. It may be less expensive to have the employees spend extra time doing the back and forth opposed to upgrading and then dealing with the inevitable "working out the bugs".

You are probably right that at their scale, the kind of realtime shipping estimate has a poor cost-benefit ratio. Well, if this is the more cost effective method for them at the cost of user experience, then the only thing i'd ask from them is that they stop threatening end users with a ban for cancelling orders which the end user in all sincerity would have bought if not for the shipping charges.

Edited by BlueMax

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I bought a missile Regult set from this seller in the FS section here and currently am waiting on a strike Roy. So, if anybody orders from him, I have no doubt they will be happy with that they get.  

Edited by mantisfists

6 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

Now there's something I've never seen before! Not the best look for the valk but I'm awarding points for originality. 

Guess you and some others here forgot about or did not know Macross the First already mashed up VF-1's and Destroids....nothing is original these days...:rolleyes:

superattack.JPG

Edited by jvmacross

My wife just picked me up the F-1S Strike Valkyrie ( Roy Fokker ・ Special) from Manadrake. It did NOT come with the display stand, which is unfortunate. I checked the listing and they didn't mention the display stand was missing.

Anyways, is there a place to purchase the display stands separately? Thanks!

Just now, Stranger said:

My wife just picked me up the F-1S Strike Valkyrie ( Roy Fokker ・ Special) from Manadrake. It did NOT come with the display stand, which is unfortunate. I checked the listing and they didn't mention the display stand was missing.

I don't think you can get the Focker specific stands separately. It's a Tamashi Stage Act 5 stand though. The Focker is just a different color. IMO the c;lear ones look better. I don't use the Focker stands 9but I don't want to sell them).This is a three pack:

https://www.amazon.com/Tamashii-Nations-Bandai-Mechanics-Action/dp/B003F256QI/ref=pd_lpo_21_img_1/134-3902100-9476135?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B003F256QI&pd_rd_r=c292639d-4c72-4dbb-b934-e8d9e363d915&pd_rd_w=CqrrO&pd_rd_wg=RrfBf&pf_rd_p=7b36d496-f366-4631-94d3-61b87b52511b&pf_rd_r=BS83YEV13GMVBSFMRWWK&psc=1&refRID=BS83YEV13GMVBSFMRWWK

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I don't think you can get the Focker specific stands separately. It's a Tamashi Stage Act 5 stand though. The Focker is just a different color. IMO the c;lear ones look better. I don't use the Focker stands 9but I don't want to sell them).This is a three pack:

https://www.amazon.com/Tamashii-Nations-Bandai-Mechanics-Action/dp/B003F256QI/ref=pd_lpo_21_img_1/134-3902100-9476135?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B003F256QI&pd_rd_r=c292639d-4c72-4dbb-b934-e8d9e363d915&pd_rd_w=CqrrO&pd_rd_wg=RrfBf&pf_rd_p=7b36d496-f366-4631-94d3-61b87b52511b&pf_rd_r=BS83YEV13GMVBSFMRWWK&psc=1&refRID=BS83YEV13GMVBSFMRWWK

The Roy stand will *very* rarely come up for sale on its own on Mandarake and Jungle:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1067750332

So, going the regular Stage Act.5 route is a good idea. I have my Roy, Max, and Milia on their special stands, but I'm not a huge fan of the colors and markings on them. I've thought about swapping them out for clear ones because those stands look better (but also don't want to sell the special ones).

13 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

The Roy stand will *very* rarely come up for sale on its own on Mandarake and Jungle:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1067750332

So, going the regular Stage Act.5 route is a good idea. I have my Roy, Max, and Milia on their special stands, but I'm not a huge fan of the colors and markings on them. I've thought about swapping them out for clear ones because those stands look better (but also don't want to sell the special ones).

Will ya look at that. I stand corrected.:ph34r:

Check your PM's. I sent some decal questions.:hi:

9 hours ago, Stranger said:

IIRC i got mine at BBTS . Tamashii act5 i think, which were 2 for 10 or 15 bucks. 

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

IIRC i got mine at BBTS . Tamashii act5 i think, which were 2 for 10 or 15 bucks. 

I was getting them from BBTS too. But they stopped selling them as far as I can tell (I just searched again). That's when I moved to Amazon.

BBTS was $7/ stand with shipping. Amazon is $7.66/ with Prime. Not too shabby.

In 2017 I paid $10.53 for the 3 pack from Amazon.  In 2019 I paid $9.99 for the 2 pack from Amazon.  I haven't been able to find the Trident stand for a decent price yet, but I haven't been looking lately.  Prices in Amazon can vary wildly, Keep an eye on it and you may be able to save a bit.  Keepa is a good site to check current and historical prices on Amazon.com items.