Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Got a good deal on the 2 Regults and the Regult Missile Type Set for $260 shipped.

That's a STEAL!  Congrats!

I have been looking for a Regult missile set for a (reasonable) price for some time now, but they seem to be quite hard to find, listings are kinda few and far in between, but maybe I have not been searching diligently enough.

On 7/7/2020 at 7:08 PM, rdrunner said:

That's a STEAL!  Congrats!

I have been looking for a Regult missile set for a (reasonable) price for some time now, but they seem to be quite hard to find, listings are kinda few and far in between, but maybe I have not been searching diligently enough.

Thanks.  Tking22 has one more set.  You can see if he can give you a deal on it.

14 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

More targets!

:drinks:

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Good deal indeed! Congratulations!

Thanks.  They should be coming in today and I’ll pick them up tomorrow.

I'm hoping this line doesn't dry up soon. That also goes for the Hi-Metal brand overall because this year I am STRONGLY looking forward to the L-Gaim and Layzner sets. I do own the Bat-Shu and I was very overwhelmed with the Walker Gallia. Both those pieces feel like Metal Build figures to me. 

I scored the Regult Set for a reasonable price as well right before the pandemic hit. Hoping the VF-1J GBP armor is reissued, but with the translucent visor version of the VF-1J. 

Do you guys think there is a possibility for Hi-Metal Votoms release? 

48 minutes ago, Mommar said:

How about that, my OG Hi-Metal is starting to yellow.

26D3AA09-2837-442C-9C9D-9ECDD366B614.jpeg.302d1a77cd675def1456409f714ec3ab.jpeg

Gotta keep them out of the UV rays.

Speaking about the High Metal. I bought one for my Focker Army (got the idea from @jenius pic below). I took it out of the box last night. The difference in quality between the Hi Metal and HMR is MASSIVE!

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-35.jpg

12 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Was it in a box? A room with the windows blacked out and any window facing the door either blacked out of UV protected? If not, it was.

Absolutely.  You've gotta maintain a strict zero-tolerance policy with sunlight.

15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I bought one for my Focker Army (got the idea from @jenius pic below). 

You're gonna need more Fokkers, then.  :lol:

17 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The difference in quality between the Hi Metal and HMR is MASSIVE!

Structurally, no...

Aesthetically, yes.  :D

10 minutes ago, tekering said:

Absolutely.  You've gotta maintain a strict zero-tolerance policy with sunlight.

You're gonna need more Fokkers, then.  :lol:

Structurally, no...

Aesthetically, yes.  :D

Jenius has 16 in that pic.

I currently have 21 on display. 5 still in boxes. 3 inbound and 3 more I'm searching for but can't find yet. My army is DOUBLE!!:diablo:

You're the one who got me on the UV kick (thank you!). I'm super UV paranoid. I even went as far as to buy a good UV light meter.:D

Maybe the Hi Metal I got was a bad example. It was MISB but pretty darn floppy out of the box.:(

On 7/7/2020 at 4:20 PM, Stranger said:

Does anyone know the exact limit for Japan Post Surface? Surface is still shipping to the US (and FromJapan is using them for orders), but FromJapan says the package is over the size/wight limit. However, the JapanPost website here: https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/service/i_parcel_en.html#:~:text=Features of International Parcel Post,weight limit is 30 kg.

seems to suggest that weight limit is 30kg (my package is under 4 kg) and length needs to be under 1.5 meters (and they're giving a length of 61cm x 42 x 34 for my package). 

So I am hoping that maybe that they actually can use Surface? 

Yeah, I've complained about this elsewhere. I believe FJ has box sizes that restrict you. While bigger boxes are possible, they limit you to the biggest box they have available. Rinkya used to send me boxes the size of coffins by fairy...FJ stops a bit bigger than a Yamato 1/48.

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I currently have 21 on display. 5 still in boxes. 3 inbound and 3 more I'm searching for but can't find yet. My army is DOUBLE!!:diablo:

Can't wait to see that pic!  :D

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I even went as far as to buy a good UV light meter.:D

I use my eyes.  :p

If it an't pitch black with the lights out, my Valks ain't goin' in there!  ;)

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

I believe FJ has box sizes that restrict you. While bigger boxes are possible, they limit you to the biggest box they have available.

Yeah, that sounds unreasonably uncooperative of them.  <_<

23 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yeah, I've complained about this elsewhere. I believe FJ has box sizes that restrict you. While bigger boxes are possible, they limit you to the biggest box they have available. Rinkya used to send me boxes the size of coffins by fairy...FJ stops a bit bigger than a Yamato 1/48.

FJ just shipped me four VF-0D’s in one box.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Gotta keep them out of the UV rays.

Speaking about the High Metal. I bought one for my Focker Army (got the idea from @jenius pic below). I took it out of the box last night. The difference in quality between the Hi Metal and HMR is MASSIVE!

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-35.jpg

Pop it in direct sunlight for a day or two outside - the sun should be able to bleach the plastic back to whiteness, I've used the technique on a few Transformers I own.

Lovely set of mechs by the way :)

33 minutes ago, Acteon said:

Pop it in direct sunlight for a day or two outside - the sun should be able to bleach the plastic back to whiteness, 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

2 hours ago, Acteon said:

Pop it in direct sunlight for a day or two outside - the sun should be able to bleach the plastic back to whiteness, I've used the technique on a few Transformers I own.

Lovely set of mechs by the way :)

Are you being sarcastic?:o

20 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

One solution to the yellowing of the HM VF-1J Hikaru is to just replace it with the HMR VF-1J Hikaru.

16 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Lol, or just call it the yellow variant VF-1J.

14 minutes ago, kkx said:

Practice your weathering skill on it and call it a old used VF-1J.

There's also another idea..

Beat the snot out of the yellowed used VF-1J, weather it, and call it battle damaged, sun bleached and neglected.  

8 hours ago, tekering said:

Said every vampire who happens to collect Macross toys :rofl:

(not that I'm saying *you're* a vampire, just that it's something a vampire would say)

Edited by Anasazi37

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Can't wait to see that pic!  :D

Here ya go!

Can you believe that I still have 6 more to go?I hope I can fit them in there!

-DX 1/48 (waiting on the release)

-Wave 1/100 (inbound)

-Bandai Mission Gashapons (inbound)

-Takatoku 1/100 "Mini Chunky" (can't find one at any price)

-Takatoku 1/144 Henkei (can't find one at any price)

-Yamato 1/200 Variable Fighter Collection (can't find one)

1247037114_FockerArmy.jpg.61f8b8442ad58510fbe53c603679d2c4.jpg

34 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Here ya go!

Can you believe that I still have 6 more to go?I hope I can fit them in there!

-DX 1/48 (waiting on the release)

-Wave 1/100 (inbound)

-Bandai Mission Gashapons (inbound)

-Takatoku 1/100 "Mini Chunky" (can't find one at any price)

-Takatoku 1/144 Henkei (can't find one at any price)

-Yamato 1/200 Variable Fighter Collection (can't find one)

1247037114_FockerArmy.jpg.61f8b8442ad58510fbe53c603679d2c4.jpg

You're missing Bandai's Super VF-1S Joke Machine. Don't sleep on it just because it's super-deformed; it's got solid engineering and it's perfect transformation. But that's probably because it was designed by Kawamori himself. ;)

Bandai-JM-Review-6.jpg