Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Manda has got a HMR Monster for 18k yen (unopened package, package damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1048565725&ref=list&keyword=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9&lang=en

Still available from Amiami as well (two listings)

16,650 yen (Item B+, Box B)

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-017242-R

18.5k yen (Item A, Box B)

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=FIGURE-017242-R030

After getting the VF-4 Roy in addition to my existing VF-1D, I am an even bigger fan now. Holy crap how did they manage to brilliantly execute the complexities of the VF-4 in 1/100 scale. I need more HMRs to handle. :)I can't wait for an updated HMR VF-19 and hopefully they make other VFs models as well.

20 minutes ago, Foblander said:

After getting the VF-4 Roy in addition to my existing VF-1D, I am an even bigger fan now. Holy crap how did they manage to brilliantly execute the complexities of the VF-4 in 1/100 scale. I need more HMRs to handle. :)I can't wait for an updated HMR VF-19 and hopefully they make other VFs models as well.

And includes the prototype of the YF-21 (made for the Hi-Metal line up, not made) to be finalized made in HMR scale.

Here's the link form Toyark: https://news.toyark.com/2010/02/23/vf-hi-metal-yf-21-announced-and-more-tamashii-macross-news-2435

Tamashii-VF-HI-METAL-VF-1-YF-21--Web-Exclusive-Fire-Valkyrie-DX-VF-27_1266908466.jpg

40 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Another one converted!:D

Wait until you get your hands on the Destroids and Enemy Mecha. As amazing as some of the transformable Valks are, I still think the other mecha are the stars of the line. They are excellent figures with so much personality and quality built into them.

51 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Another one converted!:D

Wait until you get your hands on the Destroids and Enemy Mecha. As amazing as some of the transformable Valks are, I still think the other mecha are the stars of the line. They are excellent figures with so much personality and quality built into them.

Hmm.. you have peaked my interest in the other mechas

1 hour ago, Foblander said:

Hmm.. you have peaked my interest in the other mechas

Do it! You won't regret it. I was initially going to pass on HMR altogether but then I got a Regult in my hands. After that, it was over and I've been all in since and also had to go back to get a couple I missed. There is no better Macross line ever for playability and displayability combined.

9 hours ago, fifbeat said:

@sh9000 Holy crap, No I have it, but for some reason it's not in the photo lol I'm thinking it's on the far left (wall covering it up, next to the Millia). At least, it better be ! 

It’s probably there.

D3528DC5-2FB2-4AD8-B9E7-87BE277331EA.thumb.jpeg.ad6840dd3e3bf695ebb20f1979f08387.jpeg

Just curious, does the vf-1j max have the same loose head laser issue that the millia does? 

How common was the fast pack left leg issue on the hikaru vf-1 super?

Did bandai offer to replace it if it came with two left leg armors?

I'm loving this HMR line. I dont care if its perfect transformation or not. I just don't want parts popping off or breaking and I want the modes to look good. 

Edited by LRS

6 minutes ago, LRS said:

Just curious, does the vf-1j max have the same loose head laser issue that the millia does? 

How common was the fast pack left leg issue on the hikaru vf-1 super?

Did bandai offer to replace it if it came with two left leg armors?

Yes on the loose head laser. Not sure on the other two items but I'd wager at least 10% failure rate and Bandai probably helped people out shortly after release (provided they emailed and Japanese and provided a Japanese shipping address) but I'm sure that boat has long sailed.

24 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yes on the loose head laser. Not sure on the other two items but I'd wager at least 10% failure rate and Bandai probably helped people out shortly after release (provided they emailed and Japanese and provided a Japanese shipping address) but I'm sure that boat has long sailed.

Ok. So I'll pass on M&M. 

Hikaru seems to be a gamble then. Maybe I'll wait till the next HMR Super. Probably a Max since kakikazi was released for DX

Edited by LRS

1 hour ago, LRS said:

Ok. So I'll pass on M&M. 

Hikaru seems to be a gamble then. Maybe I'll wait till the next HMR Super. Probably a Max since kakikazi was released for DX

I wouldn't pass on M&M, they are fantastic. No issues on either of my head lasers but if it was a concern, nothing a little Future or other acrylic polish can't fix easily.

How do the HMR VF-1s handle the super strike parts? Are they able to support the added weight rather easily? I dislike putting them on the 1/60 Arcadia VF-1s because it just seems rather difficult to balance the toy with them on when I'm playing with the toy.

Edited by Foblander

9 minutes ago, Foblander said:

How do the HMR VF-1s handle the super strike parts? Are they able to support the added weight rather easily? I dislike putting them on the 1/60 Arcadia VF-1s because it just seems rather difficult to balance the toy with them on when I'm playing with the toy.

HMRs are small enough that the super/strike parts are really inconsequential to the overall weight.  They're right on that line where they don't need ratcheting joints to support themselves in general, and the super parts don't really change that.

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

HMRs are small enough that the super/strike parts are really inconsequential to the overall weight.  They're right on that line where they don't need ratcheting joints to support themselves in general, and the super parts don't really change that.

That is very good to hear. Thank you for the info. :)

One thing I did forget to mention, I should say the only sort of questionable attachment might be the way the backpack supports the boosters.  I've never had any of mine fall back, because the backpack is stiff enough to hold them, but they are held up completely by the tension of the backpack hinge.

32 minutes ago, Foblander said:

1B1F1D77-CA7D-4D6E-A93A-44B4D2D1BAC1.thumb.jpeg.9f4711c0eb9ad6ce72cd3bed34b17925.jpeg

It can bend backwards slightly and still support its weight.

A8D44862-4C4A-43E8-B940-FF5AB6094CBC.thumb.jpeg.aa16fa41470468a607b8c4280b0d0c20.jpeg

It can balance on one leg and still support its weight.

EE989C3A-5E7D-4E03-84EF-6B71CF3639AA.thumb.jpeg.e3f250919c7450b036eeec55e4be85e8.jpeg

It can bend at its knees and still support its weight.

32 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

1B1F1D77-CA7D-4D6E-A93A-44B4D2D1BAC1.thumb.jpeg.9f4711c0eb9ad6ce72cd3bed34b17925.jpeg

It can bend backwards slightly and still support its weight.

A8D44862-4C4A-43E8-B940-FF5AB6094CBC.thumb.jpeg.aa16fa41470468a607b8c4280b0d0c20.jpeg

It can balance on one leg and still support its weight.

EE989C3A-5E7D-4E03-84EF-6B71CF3639AA.thumb.jpeg.e3f250919c7450b036eeec55e4be85e8.jpeg

It can bend at its knees and still support its weight.

That looks so good...but if I get two left armors it ruins it. Hmm, I just cant throw away over a hundred dollars like that.