Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

This is about as cheap as my N-Y order and if I order today, it would probably get to me long before I receive a shipping notification from N-Y... geez... lol

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Not to mention Mandarake shipping would be cheaper.

Still waiting on NY to ship mine. Again, not going to email them or anything. Going to see how long those numbnuts take to ship things out when left to their own devices.

Will I get my VF-4G before the coronavirus pandemic ends? Stay tuned!

If both of you do get the HMR VF-4 Roy delivered, give the outside package a slight char to burn off the remaining virus if it's still present or use a dilution of bleach/water mix (1 part bleach to 10 parts water I think?) before opening it. 

Highly unlikely, however it pays off to be cautious right? 

10 minutes ago, borgified said:

If both of you do get the HMR VF-4 Roy delivered, give the outside package a slight char to burn off the remaining virus if it's still present or use a dilution of bleach/water mix (1 part bleach to 10 parts water I think?) before opening it. 

Highly unlikely, however it pays off to be cautious right? 

I have a KO sentinel dancouga coming my way from China probably in the next two weeks. Definitely not taking chances with that one. Gonna wipe it down with Clorox disinfecting wipes and let it sit in the garage a few more days before opening, and wipe the outer box of the package again. 

33 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Not to mention Mandarake shipping would be cheaper.

Still waiting on NY to ship mine. Again, not going to email them or anything. Going to see how long those numbnuts take to ship things out when left to their own devices.

Will I get my VF-4G before the coronavirus pandemic ends? Stay tuned!

Yup. Same boat here. Also with the VF-0D preorder... will be lucky to get it by end of this year, if that. 

Here's a race for you. I ordered my VF-4G Focker before I knew I was moving, then moved and forgot to update my address. The package was shipped to my old house via SAL and then returned to Japan. The sender received it and is sending it back out by SAL to my newest address. Let's see if it beats NY to me despite having had to cross the ocean twice during a pandemic.

8 hours ago, jenius said:

Here's a race for you. I ordered my VF-4G Focker before I knew I was moving, then moved and forgot to update my address. The package was shipped to my old house via SAL and then returned to Japan. The sender received it and is sending it back out by SAL to my newest address. Let's see if it beats NY to me despite having had to cross the ocean twice during a pandemic.

My money is on the two tripper.:p

On 3/14/2020 at 3:09 PM, borgified said:

Thank you pointing that one out. I went to check on the site and happen to spot this one;

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1105628068&ref=list&dispCount=240&soldOut=1&keyword=HI-METAL R&lang=en

which I snatched without thinking it twice. Been looking for it.

now I am hoping is not a return from a previous buyer with unwanted defects

1 hour ago, 007-vf1 said:

Thank you pointing that one out. I went to check on the site and happen to spot this one;

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1105628068&ref=list&dispCount=240&soldOut=1&keyword=HI-METAL R&lang=en

which I snatched without thinking it twice. Been looking for it.

now I am hoping is not a return from a previous buyer with unwanted defects

Based on that description on your post, it shouldn't be an issue.  Manda inspects that stuff that goes into the store and has very high standards. This copy is like brand new and unopened. Their package damaged grading is for stuff they find and sell it off at second hand for other consumers.

Edit: For others that have the Regult, did it have problems that I didn't know of? I believe that it was briefly mentioned. 

Edited by borgified

I already received 2 VF-4Gs from Amazon JP and I’ll wait patiently for my 2 VF-4Gs from NY to ship.

None of my Regults have problems but one of my single release versions ended up with broken rear cannons during transit from Australia through @spanner a long time ago.

5 hours ago, borgified said:

For others that have the Regult, did it have problems that I didn't know of?

One of mine has a defective knee joint, rendering the articulation moot.  It's so floppy, it barely supports its own weight...  :unsure:

21 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Still waiting on NY to ship mine.

I never even bothered to pre-order one, but since they're 30% off on Amazon now, I bought one last week...

89247437_sexyashell.thumb.jpg.63b8a8cf1f5c5125e986112234cf538b.jpg

It's sexy as hell.  :wub:

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Huh.. suppose that doesn't bode well for the M&M versions. :huh: 

Almost all the non-Macross HMR have gone on clearance and they still make them (thankfully, since I love them). Will see how it goes but I’m sure Bandai is not hurting when it comes to selling out of all these things from their warehouses. 

6 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Is the VF-4 a better toy than the VF-1 hi metal r? I'm deciding between the VF-4Gs or the VF-1a Hikaru with strike parts. 

No parts swapping needed to transform the VF-4 but you also get minimal accessories compared to the VF-1A.

4 hours ago, Foblander said:

Is the VF-4 a better toy than the VF-1 hi metal r? I'm deciding between the VF-4Gs or the VF-1a Hikaru with strike parts. 

They are both good toys.  Get both if you are able to.  If you can’t get them at once, then get one first and the other one later.

For the VF-4 in Fighter mode:

If the thigh covers and gunpod are attached, then the thigh covers and gunpod attachment piece will have to be removed for transformation.

If you want to display it between space and atmosphere, then the intake covers will need to be swapped.

If you have it with landing gear on, then parts need to be swapped for transformation.

For the VF-4 in Battroid mode:

The large hands need to be removed for transformation.

10 hours ago, Foblander said:

VF-1A Hikaru with strike parts? 

The VF-1S Hikaru with strike parts is holding strong & more expensive than the VF-4. The VF-1A with super parts is cheaper than both. They're both so different, it's really a personal choice...I have the Hikaru VF-4 and the Hikaru VF-1A.  And I really want the VF-1S! Maybe I'll be done with the HMR line for a bit , then.

I don't know about everyone, but generally speaking, the more you handle HMR toys, the more you like them.  They are a good size to play with.  They are just not as visually impressive as 1:60 and larger scales.  Unless, of course,  you army build.  :D

35 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I don't know about everyone, but generally speaking, the more you handle HMR toys, the more you like them.  They are a good size to play with.  They are just not as visually impressive as 1:60 and larger scales.  Unless, of course,  you army build.  :D

HMR are made to army build!:lol: Just ask @sh9000!

3 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I agree. I loved the hi metal r vf-1D when I got it for those same reasons. Then I jumped on the DX VF-1 train and I forgot about the little brother. This past week I have been handling the little brother again and it has been fun and peaked my interest in the hi metal r line again. 

6 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

^ ^ ^ SWEET ^ ^ ^ 

Thanks!

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice pics @Slave IV.  Yeah.  Army building, playability, and setups are a few of the reasons why I love HMR.

2E70B174-DF02-4495-B719-70F988910CB1.thumb.jpeg.c5d2fbd49fd4f678254ea7cbccbf1d9e.jpeg

Yep! And thanks!

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Awesome setup!

Thank you!

I look forward to setting up a new HMR shelf or two in the near future. At least now I have a lot of time at home to do it!