Hi-Metal R

joppewo

59 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I used joint rings from an old model kit.

I've actually made a few hardpoint mounts by drilling out and slicing up a section of sprue, but it's not an easy process.  The mounts really are just a ring though, and depending on the tolerances, it might be very easy to just make a series of properly-sized rings with a 3D-printer.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I used joint rings from an old model kit.

Resourceful!

20 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I've actually made a few hardpoint mounts by drilling out and slicing up a section of sprue, but it's not an easy process.  The mounts really are just a ring though, and depending on the tolerances, it might be very easy to just make a series of properly-sized rings with a 3D-printer.

I see. Thanks gents! I'll be experimenting with some options in the near future. Plenty of 1/100 ordanance asking to be used on some HMR.

19 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Nice! I need to find two U.N. Spacy decals for mine! Good idea! 

19 hours ago, EastwindS2k said:

The added decals look real good :)

Thanks!

You can find tons of third party supplied decals on ebay. Most are from China so I wonder if the coronavirus will mean a decal shortage... :o

1 hour ago, Aaadriiann said:

Resourceful!

I see. Thanks gents! I'll be experimenting with some options in the near future. Plenty of 1/100 ordanance asking to be used on some HMR.

The biggest motivator for me was that Bandai went el-cheapo on the VF-1D, and didn't include any hardpointed wings.  I'm just eternally baffled by their refusal to offer any option not explicitly seen on-screen for any of their toys.. (unless they decide to re-write the designs and give the M&Ms entirely different packs, weapons, and paintschemes, that is. :p) 

Seriously, I don't care what's seen in the animation.  There is no reason any VF-1 should not have standard hardpoints in the wings, including the VT-1, because how else do you mount training rounds?  :rolleyes: 

I need to do some paint matching, and just glue a few of those rings to my VF-1D wings so they can carry all those spare TV missiles I picked up.

4 hours ago, Aaadriiann said:

Resourceful!

I plan on putting missiles on one of my VF-4As before I put it back in the detolf.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

The biggest motivator for me was that Bandai went el-cheapo on the VF-1D, and didn't include any hardpointed wings.  I'm just eternally baffled by their refusal to offer any option not explicitly seen on-screen for any of their toys.. (unless they decide to re-write the designs and give the M&Ms entirely different packs, weapons, and paintschemes, that is. :p) 

Seriously, I don't care what's seen in the animation.  There is no reason any VF-1 should not have standard hardpoints in the wings, including the VT-1, because how else do you mount training rounds?  :rolleyes: 

I need to do some paint matching, and just glue a few of those rings to my VF-1D wings so they can carry all those spare TV missiles I picked up.

I’m also going to paint match and put missiles on my VF-1D, custom VE-1 with Fast Packs, naked VE-1, and naked VT-1.

9 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Seriously, I don't care what's seen in the animation.  

So, you're one of the people that doesn't care that the modex numbering on the DX VF-1S is wrong?;)

Now that I think of it, I wonder if small segments of clear surgical tubing like those used in IV equipment would work.  I'm not sure how you would glue them on reliably, but they might not stand out quite so much against the wing, and you might be save time and effort from color-matching.

The last thing I've heard from Nippon-Yasan was that the release date of the VF-4 was moved up to February 15th.  That was on January 31st.  Not a word since.  However, I only purchased this because it was cheap.  It was not a must buy for me.  It's also slated to become another office toy.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

NY was one of the first shops to send out the VF-4. Did the people who didn’t get theirs sent yet order early or late?

I'm one of those late orders, pre-ordered 12/15/19 to be exact. 

But I got this reply yesterday after inquiring,

" We apologies for the delay in your pre order. After checked with the dispatch center they did not receive yet our stock for figure. Since it already released, we will receive it during this month.

One more time we apologies for this inconvenience, and please be sure when we will have the product we will ship fast as possible your pre order." 

So I'm not worried, it'll be around eventually lol

Edited by Aaadriiann

I'll consider mine a later order as I didn't put in my order on OP night/morning. Something like 2 or 3 days later. Considering the current state of things in Asia, delays are expected for everything produced there. I'll get it whenever I get it.  

Wow, some totally reasonable people regarding NY!:D

I ordered preorder night and mine were sent out before most other shops received their stock. All kinda confusing and inconsistent but that’s why I don’t ever worry about it. It’s enjoy my toys whenever they show up if I can even get to them by that time. 

Mine is still stuck at the warehouse, but i took the slowest option.

And i think it didn't help that i paid on the very next to last day before they let orders go.:rolleyes:

But yeah i thk shopping might be also delayed with logistics backing up.

19 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

There will be murders :o

Gorgeous shelf @sh9000

:drinks:

Thanks @vlenhoff.

16 hours ago, Aaadriiann said:

I'm one of those late orders, pre-ordered 12/15/19 to be exact. 

But I got this reply yesterday after inquiring,

" We apologies for the delay in your pre order. After checked with the dispatch center they did not receive yet our stock for figure. Since it already released, we will receive it during this month.

One more time we apologies for this inconvenience, and please be sure when we will have the product we will ship fast as possible your pre order." 

So I'm not worried, it'll be around eventually lol

My 2 VF-4Gs from NY were preordered in October and haven’t shipped yet but I’m ok about them coming in later.

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Unfortunately, it takes NY weeks to ship almost anything out, whether or not there's a pandemic. :p

Still no news on mine, either. Not a huge fan of this livery anyway so whatever it comes to shipping time.

I fear for my 0D's at this point.