Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 2/20/2020 at 2:48 AM, seti88 said:

HOT DAYUM!:good:

Does anyone know if this make/model appeared in Flash Back 2012? Or was it only the other released one? 

If it wasn't in the series, it does't go in my collection (ie Messer Color Ver.). That's my Filipino standard. 

Edited by fifbeat

8 hours ago, fifbeat said:

Does anyone know if this make/model appeared in Flash Back 2012? Or was it only the other released one? 

If it wasn't in the series, it does't go in my collection (ie Messer Color Ver.). That's my Filipino standard. 

the VF-4 in FB2012 is an A, these, and the yammi and forthcoming arcadia release are VF-4G models.

The proportions are different:

large.20160822_154007.jpg.2624b560edf805

This picture is from the VF-4 Masterfile, so grain of salt, but the canard vs. engine nacelle for the A outline feels more accurate to the FB2012 animation to me.

so technically even the FB2012 HMR VF-4 didn't appear on-screen, but they got the paint scheme correct at least.:D

Edited by slide

15 hours ago, RDX17 said:

^Nice! Now HMR just needs to release a VF-0S to help fill out the line up.

Thanks!  Yes a HMR VF-0S would look cool next to the rest of the Jolly Rogers.

2 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Nice. Have you tried doing a pic where you can see all their tail fins together with the Jolly Roger? That’s something else they all have in common.

Not yet but I do plan on taking a pic of them in flight on clear stands.  Maybe this weekend.

30 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

May I ask how much you got it for? They were dirt cheap for awhile but then like always the price crept up.

It was 6000Y plus shipping. I think I've seen it fluctuate a bit lower a while ago like you said, it went up too. I think 6000 is just a tad below MSRP and mine seems as good as new so I'm happy.

6 hours ago, slide said:

the VF-4 in FB2012 is an A, these, and the yammi and forthcoming arcadia release are VF-4G models.

The proportions are different:

large.20160822_154007.jpg.2624b560edf805

This picture is from the VF-4 Masterfile, so grain of salt, but the canard vs. engine nacelle for the A outline feels more accurate to the FB2012 animation to me.

so technically even the FB2012 HMR VF-4 didn't appear on-screen, but they got the paint scheme correct at least.:D

Thanks for the explanation. lol Great. Oh well. You know, maybe I will get it since I came this far. 

14 hours ago, jenius said:

The Focker VF-4 is a non-canon scheme.

Cheers. Looking forward to your coverage on it. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

It was 6000Y plus shipping. I think I've seen it fluctuate a bit lower a while ago like you said, it went up too. I think 6000 is just a tad below MSRP and mine seems as good as new so I'm happy.

How do you like it as a figure? I've been debating on grabbing this or the the S variant just to have a type of VF-19 in my 1/100 collection.

13 minutes ago, Aaadriiann said:

How do you like it as a figure? I've been debating on grabbing this or the the S variant just to have a type of VF-19 in my 1/100 collection.

It's pretty good overall. Most importantly to me is it looks the part and it transforms. The only negative on mine is the wrists are very loose and floppy but that isn't a huge deal that can't be fixed easily. I would like to get the extra parts for it but those are more expensive so not sure it will be worth the price at this point.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Oh that's not bad at all. 

Now go get the sound boosters. :good:

20 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Sweet. It's as if the Nimitz in the Final Countdown went to the future instead of the past.

Thanks.  I really want an AFC F/A-18F to go with this group.  Hopefully one will get released soon.

14 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

awesome picture, @sh9000

Thanks @Convectuoso.

12 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Duuude... Sweeet...Duuude... Sweeet...Duuude... Sweeet...Duuude... Sweeet...Duuude... Sweeet...Duuude... Sweeet...Duuude... Sweeet...Duuude... Sweeet...Duuude... Sweeet...

47561905-535E-43E8-824B-C2652CD5E98D.gif.74e7b66f709015f24ac474dfb37e0fde.gif

Edited by sh9000

On 2/26/2020 at 7:14 AM, burnout6 said:

Hey guys. Macross VF-4G is available on Amazon JP for 10,228 yen after shipping and rebate. 

Amazon JP

I paid about the same at NY, but there is no news about shipping. They do take their time. :(