Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I really, really like that setup @vlenhoff. I've been thinking of copying you. It looks like you have a  bunch of Tamashii stands in there. I have a few of the basic Stage Act 5's HERE. Is that what you're working with?

I like that you can get so many in one cube of a Detolf.

Edited by sqidd

36 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I really, really like that setup @vlenhoff. I've been thinking of copying you. It looks like you have a  bunch of Tamashii stands in there. I have a few of the basic Stage Act 5's HERE. Is that what you're working with?

Please copy away! I got those, but they have a smoked base, so i combined them with these to seal the deal.

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Same reason I got a pair too, naked ve-1 is   close to a stealth vf-1 valk one can get..

Yeah , they look Low-vis-ish. My only gripe is the fighter stand adaptor included only for fast pack use. TBH it should come with both fastpack, and non-fast pack stand adaptor

11 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Excellent! Thanks!

NP, and take pics of your display when you are done with it!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

There's also the Tamashii trident stands, I bought several sets of those and they're great for multiple figures at once on a single base. I use them for Robot Spirits ANIME Gundam figures, also good for brownie VF-1A and regults in mass numbers. 

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Trident-Action/dp/B00B8IWJXO/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=tamashii+trident&qid=1573862142&sr=8-3

4 minutes ago, Axelay said:

Do we know for certain that the VF-4 in the Max colors is still coming? (Sorry if this is a dumb question. I don't follow Hi-Metal too closely...)

We only know they showed it off.  But they also showed off the Skull Squadron colored VF-4 and that was eventually solicited so I think people are hopeful.

Edited by Mommar

On 11/15/2019 at 10:06 PM, sh9000 said:

I should have gotten more trident stands back then when they were cheaper.

I still want to do an updated Fighter setup too.

Your fighter set up would look amazing! I always think of this when i think about your collection...sh9000h.jpg.5e4ed5c89f726a46dbf8464e000d7d8e.jpg

Among other things like...

974035428_NEWROADfinal2.jpg.5cb969c8cb29b8e90c2eecd80cdbb0f3.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

Is this complete list of HMR Valks?

VF-1A CF

VF-1A Hikaru

VF-1J Hikaru

VF-1S Hikaru with S&S Parts

VF-1J Hikaru GBP

VF-1J Max with S&S Parts

VF-1J Miria with S&S Parts

VF-1S Roy with S&S Parts

VT-1

VE-1

VF-1S Messer

VF-2SS Sylvie

VF-2SS Gilbert

VF-4 Lighting III

VF-4 Lighting III "Focker"

On 11/15/2019 at 5:12 PM, vlenhoff said:

SO i got a double VE-1 when they came out, and i was planing to trade it for something later on... but... they look so good naked.

The already crowded space just got another fighter.473715928_macrossjam6.thumb.jpg.d4e08f39edcdafa0c8ffacadf03bbf67.jpg

I started to load up a Detolf today with HMR's Ala you today. Not as easy as it looks! I'm still waiting on a few Valks to show up. Not sure how I'm going to get nine in there!

10 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Your fighter set up would look amazing! I always think of this when i think about your collection...sh9000h.jpg.5e4ed5c89f726a46dbf8464e000d7d8e.jpg

Among other things like...

974035428_NEWROADfinal2.jpg.5cb969c8cb29b8e90c2eecd80cdbb0f3.jpg

Thanks!  I want to fill up a detolf with HMR Valkyries in Fighter mode as well.

9 hours ago, vladykins said:

Here's another one I'm blaming on you all (mostly this thread and all the cool picts) that just showed up at my office.

lof5wg6.jpg

Congrats.  That’s a good one even on its own or with custom Fast Packs.

So I saw decent prices on Max Super and two CFs and bought them and I'm still blaming you all.

So, at this point I now have in various states heading my direction.

1 Roy VF-1S strike
1 Miriya VF-1J super
1 Max VF-1J super
2 VF-1A CFs

I knew I shouldn't have started buying a new valk scale and been happy with my destroids and enemies.

Will be rearranging these guys as more show up:

75485989_10215609653019404_8376527506831

I knew once I got past a certain point I was going to be all in. I'm now all it. I really do like the HMR's. It gives me a reasonable way to get stuff that I wouldn't in a 1/60, etc. because I'm not THAT interested. The VE-1 for example. I want one, but not enough to get a 1/60 (and the associated cost/use of valuable shelf space).

I'm going to have to inventory what I have after my next two packages arrive. I think I'm closing in on having all of them at this point. Multiples of a few like Destroids, enemy mecha, brownies and VF-1S Fockers. I don't regret it for a second.

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I knew once I got past a certain point I was going to be all in. I'm now all it. I really do like the HMR's. It gives me a reasonable way to get stuff that I wouldn't in a 1/60, etc. because I'm not THAT interested. The VE-1 for example. I want one, but not enough to get a 1/60 (and the associated cost/use of valuable shelf space).

I'm going to have to inventory what I have after my next two packages arrive. I think I'm closing in on having all of them at this point. Multiples of a few like Destroids, enemy mecha, brownies and VF-1S Fockers. I don't regret it for a second.

The scale makes Hi-Metal R perfect for multiples and army building, it's hard to stop at just a few of the cannon fodder units. 

4 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

Anyone know which month there will be preorders for the Focker reissue?

I didn't know there was going to be one. I have three. I could use a few more.:p

I wouldn't mind TV colors. Or even an option with no Supers.

I wouldn't honestly expect them to reissue the Focker, since it was an exclusive (for some bonkers reason).  I think the only reason people think that might happen is because he was displayed with a recon Regult prototype, but there was no price or release date mentioned for either, which basically labels them both as Bandai's latest blatant tease of their customers, with no real plan to actually sell anything. :rolleyes: