Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 11/3/2019 at 4:43 PM, Lolicon said:

I don't see how this is a problem. :unknw:

I wasn't satisfied with how plain it looked out of the box (even the HMR VF-1 has navigational light details) so I had to fix her up myself.

Additional pics with other modes.

On 11/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, Lolicon said:

The OG skull leaders.

49017850651_e7f0f113e1_o.jpg

:wub: Wow surreal picture of these 2 together in toy form!

4G panel lining so awesome in all modes, esp since the wings are visible from front in battroid too!

8 hours ago, vladykins said:

I'm holding myself to just the VE-1 (and maybe the 1s Messer since that color scheme is so different from most of what I have.

But I have a bit of empty shelf space now that I moved all the mini/super deformed guys from this spot to their own shelf over one of the windows (with all my mini Gundam guys):

Nice! Everything scales together makes it look interesting, doesn't matter if its accurate.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  Here’s how it looks so far.

E7591288-604F-4CCA-B592-CE8BCECEF53E.thumb.jpeg.f33c078b9589992d4db26587124216a6.jpeg

Are you planning on painting the smoke trails? Or tot abt hiding LED lights in the glue for fire effects?

:good:

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Looks sweet! Nice work!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Are you planning on painting the smoke trails? Or tot abt hiding LED lights in the glue for fire effects?

:good:

Yeah I still need to add more and paint.  I’ll think about other features later since the glue can always be manipulated.

4 hours ago, beatsing said:

@sh9000 nice work!  

Thank you!

The VT-1 does look nice there in front of the Monster.

74468343_10215489772742472_6130269175916

And now I have all that empty space in front all the way past Lego Voltron since I moved the minis to their own shelf

72541416_10215329568657470_8568240102302

So I'm likely going to grab at least the Messer to go in front and then maybe look and see who else I don't have a version of somewhere in a different scale.

Not having diorama building skills, I'm fantasizing going down a different route with an army of HMRs: build a chess set of UN Spacy vs Zentradis. :lol: Just need to make a large chequered surface area, maybe a coffee table top, for the figures to stand on.

If Bandai does ever get to releasing the N-Gers and Q-Raus, with the Regult Scout, we should have enough enemy mecha variants for a Zentradi chess team! But as I'm typing this, I realize I will never have enough Regults as pawns, due to the crazy high prices they are going for today. Unless they get re-issued.

5 hours ago, vladykins said:

OK, just grabbed the 1S Messer and then saw a Milia 1J super for a good price so grabbed that and now I'm going to STOP LOOKING.

It's too late. Just accept that you're going to get the entire line and start budgeting accordingly. I gave in last year and am much happier as a result. ^_^

It is too late. I limited myself to one transforming HM[R] Hikaru 1J, and look at what happened. If you didn't notice, the 1J is not even in the picture. 8 indiscretions later... Well, actually 9.

2097309833_macrossjam5.thumb.jpg.6cc894d9d657df2bd6aba78ead1123c0.jpg

95943808_sortedboxes.thumb.jpg.25fc363a4e7dcf07619a6f1b4f9e0027.jpg

Yes, even the boxes are cool. Damn you Bandai!!!

6 hours ago, MKT said:

Not having diorama building skills, I'm fantasizing going down a different route with an army of HMRs: build a chess set of UN Spacy vs Zentradis. :lol: Just need to make a large chequered surface area, maybe a coffee table top, for the figures to stand on.

If Bandai does ever get to releasing the N-Gers and Q-Raus, with the Regult Scout, we should have enough enemy mecha variants for a Zentradi chess team! But as I'm typing this, I realize I will never have enough Regults as pawns, due to the crazy high prices they are going for today. Unless they get re-issued.

The chess set idea sounds really cool. Though you’re not kidding: the pawns will be expensive on both sides.

8 hours ago, MKT said:

I had that idea a while back but never set it up.  I could try to put something together this weekend.

2 Glaugs for Rooks.

2 Heavy Missile Regults for Knights.

2 Light Missile Regults for Bishops.

2 Matchbox Nousjadeul-Gers in different colors for King and Queen.

8 Regults for Pawns.

2 Armored Valkyries for Rooks.

2 Spartans for Knights.

2 Defenders for Bishops.

VF-1J Max and Milia for King and Queen.

8 VF-1A CFs for Pawns.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:53 PM, sh9000 said:

I had that idea a while back but never set it up.  I could try to put something together this weekend.

2 Glaugs for Rooks.

8 Regults for Pawns.

2 Spartans for Knights.

2 Defenders for Bishops.

8 VF-1A CFs for Pawns.

Just a suggestion: Qrau for queen?

On 11/8/2019 at 9:53 AM, sh9000 said:

2 Glaugs for Rooks.

8 Regults for Pawns.

2 Spartans for Knights.

2 Defenders for Bishops.

8 VF-1A CFs for Pawns.

Monsters would make nice rooks too!:D

On 11/7/2019 at 4:31 PM, vlenhoff said:

It is too late. I limited myself to one transforming HM[R] Hikaru 1J, and look at what happened. If you didn't notice, the 1J is not even in the picture. 8 indiscretions later... Well, actually 9.

2097309833_macrossjam5.thumb.jpg.6cc894d9d657df2bd6aba78ead1123c0.jpg

95943808_sortedboxes.thumb.jpg.25fc363a4e7dcf07619a6f1b4f9e0027.jpg

Yes, even the boxes are cool. Damn you Bandai!!!

I started by telling myself that I'd only get the Regult because I didn't have any enemy mecha in my collection and it looked like Bandai did a really good job with it. Then I noticed how nice the Destroids looked. A few years later, this is where I am:

• Regult
  • Glaug
  • Regult Missile Set
  • Defender
  • Spartan
  • Monster
  • VF-1D
  • VF-4
  • VF-2SS + SAP
  • VT-1
  • VE-1
  • VF-1J Max Super
  • VF-1J Milia Super
  • VF-1J Hikaru
  • VF-1A CF
  • VF-1S Roy Strike
  • GBP with VF-1J Hikaru
  • Missile Effect Set (used with Roy Strike and Max Super)

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who has artfully arranged the boxes. And I wholeheartedly agree that the non-transforming entries are the real stars of this line, but the valks are still a lot of fun to handle.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:25 AM, Anasazi37 said:

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who has artfully arranged the boxes. And I wholeheartedly agree that the non-transforming entries are the real stars of this line, but the valks are still a lot of fun to handle.

I arranged the boxes like that only for a picture, and I liked them so much, I kept them displayed like that, lol. 

I blame at least half of my HMR collection, specially the Monster, on SH9000, and some other cool members, thanks! Up to that point it was only enemy Mecha vs 1J Hikkie.

20160518_053331.JPG.bf169d0de509dc67ba90e3eed03ffbf1.JPG

Edited by vlenhoff

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:14 PM, sh9000 said:

Yeah I was thinking of that.  I’ll see how different setups turn out.

Heheh can't wait to see what you'll cook up @sh9000. But Monsters might be too big to fit a square space lol..

Perhaps, at the rate they being released, the new Kids Logic MiniTech series 1/285 pieces will be more practical for chess building purposes ^_^

21 minutes ago, vladykins said:

This just hit my office. I;'m blaming you all for me getting HMR valks now. I was perfectly content with my destroids and enemies but noooo you had to keep posting pictures. Now this is my second and I have a couple more on the way.

fUhHJ2q.jpg

You weren’t content with just having other Mecha because then you would be in a similar but opposite situation as usual (a bunch of Valks with no other Mecha). Hence, your current situation. :D

Welcome to the club!

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

This just hit my office. I;'m blaming you all for me getting HMR valks now. I was perfectly content with my destroids and enemies but noooo you had to keep posting pictures. Now this is my second and I have a couple more on the way.

blame it on the rain yea yea

but whatever you do, don’t put the blame on you...

blame it on the forum yea yea...

p.s. I keep hearing trump singing the same tune too every day

hahahaha...

Ok carry on...

Whether box collecting or mecha building, one can never go wrong with HMR.. 

I actually got an extra copy of HMR VF-1S Messer in anticipation of FEXT Hobby’s launch booster. But it appears no further news after the initial teaser some time ago. 

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

blame it on the rain yea yea

but whatever you do, don’t put the blame on you...

blame it on the forum yea yea...

p.s. I keep hearing trump singing the same tune too every day

hahahaha...

Ok carry on...

Is this where I blame Obama and/or the Deep State?

That damn Deep State forcing my HMR valk purchases!

The chess board that I had was too small so I printed out black and white squares about 3” x 3” each.  I’ll see how everything looks but I probably won’t be using Monsters.

22 hours ago, vladykins said:

fUhHJ2q.jpg

Try putting Strike Parts on it.  They look good. 

6 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Random question. Are Hi-Metal 1.0 Strike and Fast parts compatible with Hi-Metal R VF-1s? And, are Hi-Metal R Strike and Fast parts compatible with Hi-Metal 1.0 VF-1s?

Yup, I'm using the Strike parts off my HM VF-1S Roy on my HMR VF-1S Messer.