Hi-Metal R

joppewo

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I don't see how this is a problem. :unknw:

I wasn't satisfied with how plain it looked out of the box (even the HMR VF-1 has navigational light details) so I had to fix her up myself.

Additional pics with other modes.

49004622168_aa3f1b7bf1_o.jpg

That looks spectacular. I wish I had the skills, vision and time to do that sort of work.

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

LOL, I took a look at mine to see the difference. yes it could use some panel lining... but i am fresh out of time right now, so it will have to wait. 

Let us know the state of your Glaug's box when it arrives. Mandarake said the same about my Spartan box, and it wasn't that bad. Congrats on your Glaug!

Yeah, Mandrake is pretty over-descriptive with their box damage stuff. I get a LOT of stuff from Mandrake. Every single time when I open a shipping box I think to myself "That's severely damaged"? 

It does help that I'm not a "box guy" too. I don't display boxes and I'm not worried down the road about selling them. I've sold my entire collection once about 9yrs ago. Hopefully I never do that again. And if I do, box quality is going to be the least of my worries. If i'm selling my collection things went very sideways.

48 minutes ago, vladykins said:

I'd buy more regults is they didn't cost an insane amount now.

I don't even have one. I feel like I need a minimum of four. Preferably six. Current pricing is nuts. I haven't seen one come up on Mandrake yet. Hopefully they re-issue. As much as people want them you would think it's money in the bank for Bandai.

And for the love of god we need some Q-Rau's!

I'd love to do a little battle scene/diorama/display. Need the whole team for that.

So I've already owned the destroids, regult, and glaug. But I've been holding off on a getting any valks, mainly because I already have valks at 1/48, 1/55, and 1/60 scales, so buying into a totally different scale took convincing myself. But after seeing everyone's picts and @jenius's reviews over time, I've finally taken the plunge and bought one- just one, to see if I can control myself.

Not opening it until I get home from work, but first impressions:

- Having played with the Bandai DX just yesterday, this guy is so adorably tiny.

- I'm loving the fact this has two Hikkies, a Misa, and a Minmei minis

3ZcQ9gL[1].jpg

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Oh buddy you're in trouble!! I didn't think I was going to be that into the HMR's, I was WRONG! I love these little fellas. You're going to end up with all of them.:p

That's one of the reasons I've been avoiding it for this long- I need to redo my basement before I go on a buying spree.

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

That's one of the reasons I've been avoiding it for this long- I need to redo my basement before I go on a buying spree.

I just got my first enemy mech. It's going to be a.........problem.:p

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Oh buddy you're in trouble!! I didn't think I was going to be that into the HMR's, I was WRONG! I love these little fellas. You're going to end up with all of them.:p

2 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

You are screwed.   

Like I said previously, @sh9000 is the real king of HMRs in this thread.  No one can top his collection. ;) 

You could top sh9000's, you just gotta be willing to do the ritual sacrifice to your wallet, bank account and possibly your relationship.  Because we all want to army build, most of us just can't make that commitment for various reasons.  :cray:

For me, HMR are the most playable Macross toys on the current market.  They feel well built, solid, and are fun to handle and transform.  They are reasonable affordable and (subjectively) easier to replace.  Smaller and lighter results on less stress on the joints which means saggy bits occur later in it's life.  Parts swapping is minimal.

I did lose a landing gear cover plate on my cubical Valkyrie.  I heard it bounce off the ground twice and it promptly warped into some quantum realm.  I moved all the furniture and have never found it.  The part stands out easily against the floor too!  Total mystery...  :unknw:

Edited by DewPoint
damn your typos!

10 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

You are screwed.   

I made a serious mistake I need the money to finish our basement, not buy more of these guys. Talk me out of it before I convince myself to get "just one more". You know, maybe a VE-1. And maybe that Messer color edition 1S because it is different.

I wish it didn't look so good next to the destroids and Zentaedi. I may try popping the extra Hikkie into the Defender if he fits.

4 hours ago, vladykins said:

I made a serious mistake I need the money to finish our basement, not buy more of these guys. Talk me out of it before I convince myself to get "just one more". You know, maybe a VE-1. And maybe that Messer color edition 1S because it is different.

Why not both?

Take your time.  Finish the basement first, then pick up some HMR off of here or the bay when someone lets it go.

There's no hurry in acquiring Valks, I say, and you probably already have a few VF-1's right?  Swoosh them around a bit while watching your basement getting tricked out.

1 minute ago, Mazinger said:

Why not both?

Take your time.  Finish the basement first, then pick up some HMR off of here or the bay when someone lets it go.

There's no hurry in acquiring Valks, I say, and you probably already have a few VF-1's right?  Swoosh them around a bit while watching your basement getting tricked out.

I've got a Yammie v1 VE-1 which I'm considering selling off to justify buying the HMR VE-1, but my wife keeps being overly supportive and tells me not to sell any of them off and just buy. She's not helping any. 

On 11/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, sqidd said:

This is the story of so many HMR collectors once they get their hands on one...especially the Enemy Mecha and Destroids.

49 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

This is the story of so many HMR collectors once they get their hands on one...especially the Enemy Mecha and Destroids.

Luckily I already had all the destroids, a glaug, and regult.

I gave in and grabbed a VE-1 as well. And I'm looking at the FEXTHobby displays and stands too.

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Luckily I already had all the destroids, a glaug, and regult.

I gave in and grabbed a VE-1 as well. And I'm looking at the FEXTHobby displays and stands too.

Yep, that's what sucks you in! You gotta have Valks to go with your Destroids and Enemy Mecha! Next thing you know....This!:

41 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Of all the releases so far, I can't think of one that I would have left out or skipped from my collection.

Yep. I have not missed any other than the 1st Hikaru 1S simply because I won't pay the asking prices for it. All HMR are instabuy for me, even the non-Macross ones. Such a great line.

I'm holding myself to just the VE-1 (and maybe the 1s Messer since that color scheme is so different from most of what I have.

But I have a bit of empty shelf space now that I moved all the mini/super deformed guys from this spot to their own shelf over one of the windows (with all my mini Gundam guys):

64991360_10214523669310490_3990025777625

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Gotta agree with this!

The appeal builds up incrementally the more variants you get your hands-on, & lay them out to display. It’s also always easier to justify the next piece since prices are much more wallet friendly. :p