Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 10/30/2019 at 8:43 AM, sh9000 said:

:lol:

That pic was taken like 2 years ago when I got my first set of Regults and CFs and put them to battle.  Lots of fun.

It does look like a lot of fun. Man, I wish i had more brownies in this scale.

Here a gratuitous pic of my only HMR brownie.

1422357071_browniefleet.thumb.jpg.009a6ae6b33158d7ef5385aef5201c74.jpg1246191521_browniefleetunder.thumb.jpg.f77d391375bf48f4a99527d4c6a5abb7.jpg  

8 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

It does look like a lot of fun. Man, I wish i had more brownies in this scale.

Here a gratuitous pic of my only HMR brownie.

1422357071_browniefleet.thumb.jpg.009a6ae6b33158d7ef5385aef5201c74.jpg1246191521_browniefleetunder.thumb.jpg.f77d391375bf48f4a99527d4c6a5abb7.jpg  

Very nice @vlenhoff.  They all look great together and the VF-4 and VF-2SS in Fighter mode is so good.

50 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Very nice @vlenhoff.  They all look great together and the VF-4 and VF-2SS in Fighter mode is so good.

Thanks man. I should get another brownie to pose in Battloid mode next to the Monster and Defender. I am curious, which HMR come with the non fastpacks fighter mode stand adaptor piece? Fighter mode is always my favorite.

Edited by vlenhoff

19 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I think it was just the VF-1J armored and the VT-1. The original Hi Metal (non R) VF-1J and VF-1A models came with one as well.

So the 1J armored, which is like a million dollars, The VT-1's adapter i may have to trim up, so i can actually display it with fastpacks. . I am not sure, but i think the 1D came with a non fast pack tamashii display adapter as well. Yup, just checked @jenius's review, and the 1D comes with one. I wonder why Bandai wont include both non fastpack and fast pack adapters. Tamashii should sell these adapters separately, in a perfect world. So... I was browsing places as i always do... and i found this for 6000 yen.... I could not pass it up. [when i clicked on it showed 6600yen, but that was wrong, as they charged me 6000yen]

1134814323_spartan2.thumb.jpg.f3f1c427642dc75e1557519d48c15353.jpgSpartan.thumb.jpg.9ced2c8fa5253050ab69da56fa349647.jpg

I only got it because it was super cheap, and to fill its righteous spot in the HMR line. Madarake said its box was in a Mortal Kombat fight with Scorpion, and that some things may be missing and or on fire. When it arrived. When it arrived[well packaged] its box was a bit warped, but certainly not as dramatically damaged as Mandarake described it. The box was actually sealed/taped, or it seemed to be. 

This is by far, the biggest surprise I've had in a long time. I was always reluctant to get the Spartan. I didn't like its hands, and I was not impressed with its melee weapon. It doesn't transform, and even though Hikaru actually piloted it in the series, I was never crazy about it... but then... you open this thing... and you touch it...

This thing is hefty, and it feels good on your hands! It is heavier than the Defender, and maybe i am just shocked by it, but it seems to have more intricate detail in some areas. I never thought I would like it this much, and to be honest, i am glad I pulled the trigger on it. One thing though... pulling those hands to swap them, is a PITA.

Edited by vlenhoff

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I only got it because it was super cheap, and to fill its righteous spot in the HMR line. Madarake said its box was in a Mortal Kombat fight with Scorpion, and that some things may be missing and or on fire. When it arrived. When it arrived[well packaged] its box was a bit warped, but certainly not as dramatically damaged as Mandarake described it. The box was actually sealed/taped, or it seemed to be. 

This is by far, the biggest surprise I've had in a long time. I was always reluctant to get the Spartan. I didn't like its hands, and I was not impressed with its melee weapon. It doesn't transform, and even though Hikaru actually piloted it in the series, I was never crazy about it... but then... you open this thing... and you touch it...

This thing is hefty, and it feels good on your hands! It is heavier than the Defender, and maybe i am just shocked by it, but it seems to have more intricate detail in some areas. I never thought I would like it this much, and to be honest, i am glad I pulled the trigger on it. One thing though... pulling those hands to swap them, is a PITA.

Mandarake is like the most anal-retentive otaku out there about boxes, in a good way (for us).  A smudge and a little dent and it's like a C- to them. 

I'm glad you're liking the Spartan.  It just adds to the credo that the non-transforming mechs really are the stars of this line.

So the 1J armored, which is like a million dollars, The VT-1's adapter i may have to trim up, so i can actually display it with fastpacks. . I am not sure, but i think the 1D came with a non fast pack tamashii display adapter as well. Yup, just checked @jenius's review, and the 1D comes with one. I wonder why Bandai wont include both non fastpack and fast pack adapters. Tamashii should sell these adapters separately, in a perfect world. So... I was browsing places as i always do... and i found this for 6000 yen.... I could not pass it up. [when i clicked on it showed 6600yen, but that was wrong, as they charged me 6000yen]

1134814323_spartan2.thumb.jpg.f3f1c427642dc75e1557519d48c15353.jpgSpartan.thumb.jpg.9ced2c8fa5253050ab69da56fa349647.jpg

I keep saying, the Destroids and all other Non-Valk HMR releases are the true stars of the HMR line. It's great to have them all, which makes the HMR line greater as a whole.

7 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I am not sure, but i think the 1D came with a non fast pack tamashii display adapter as well. Yup, just checked @jenius's review, and the 1D comes with one.

Yeah, I suspected the 1D came with one, but wasn't sure.  I actually haven't opened mine yet. :lol:

And @vlenhoff, you're making me want to go ahead and pick up a Spartan. It's not my favorite destroid, but maybe it would satisfy my desire for a Tomahawk in the short term. I would really love to get a Monster, but realistically don't have the space.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Two Glaug's have showed up at Mandrake in the last week. I got emails each time (they're on my alert list). I usually get up about 4:45-5:00am. I missed both. I swear I'm meant not to have enemy mecha.

the price on amazon jp is 13500 yen. but they will remove tax when you add in to your cart for international shipping.  

JPY 12,273 + JPY 1,600 Shipping =JPY 13,873 shipped to the USA

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01A6FBIYU/ref=sr_1_26?keywords=himetal+r&qid=1572654754&sr=8-26

@vlenhoff yup the spartan really feels like HI Metal.  if all the mechs were as good quality as the spartan, the HMR line would compete with the DX line.  Me too, I don't really like the spartan design in the TV series compared with the Tomahawk/defender/monster, but in hand, it is rock solid.  It's like the regult and glaug, in hand it's quality.

@sqidd that glaug should be up there as the regult, the glaug's quality is the best in my opinion.

18 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Yeah, I suspected the 1D came with one, but wasn't sure.  I actually haven't opened mine yet. :lol:

And @vlenhoff, you're making me want to go ahead and pick up a Spartan. It's not my favorite destroid, but maybe it would satisfy my desire for a Tomahawk in the short term. I would really love to get a Monster, but realistically don't have the space.

Agreed. The Spartan has always been my least favorite destroid and yet I love the little HMR guy to death. The detailing is fantastic for the size; he feels quite hefty and solid to play with. My only small complaint is the cockpit doesn't open at all like the Monster and Defender. But that is so minor compared to everything else.

8 hours ago, DWN013 said:

Question for everyone:  When you envision the VF-4 firing it's forearm guns, do you see it as 

1. Megatron style

or 2. Iron man style

IMG_5424-4.thumb.JPG.039286881ef071d218383602cac6d443.JPG

I have to admit, Iron man style is growing on me...

I vote Iron Man

Edited by sqidd

22 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I keep saying, the Destroids and all other Non-Valk HMR releases are the true stars of the HMR line. It's great to have them all, which makes the HMR line greater as a whole.

Agreed!

19 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

For 6000 yen, it was a no brainier. I would have paid more, now that I have it hand. It is just a very nice destroid all around.

22 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Mandarake is like the most anal-retentive otaku out there about boxes, in a good way (for us).  A smudge and a little dent and it's like a C- to them. 

I'm glad you're liking the Spartan.  It just adds to the credo that the non-transforming mechs really are the stars of this line.

Yes, we are lucky Mandarake really is picky about these things. Yep, the stars and of the line indeed!

23 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Glad you got the spartan @vlenhoff  It's one of my favorites in the line.

and now, it is for me too. I love how it compliments the Monster and the Defender. 

18 hours ago, sh9000 said:

@vlenhoff Congrats on getting a Spartan and very nice display and pics!

@ScrambledValkyrie You should get a Spartan and Monster.  All of the Destroids are great.

Thanks SH9000.. you do know... this is all your fault right? The moment you said thr mOnster could fit in a Detolf, and then linking me to that lovely price to buy it. And then giving me that awesome deal on the VF-4. I can only say thanks!

@ScrambledValkyrie What SH9000 said.. and the Monster fits in a detolf!

17 hours ago, sqidd said:

Two Glaug's have showed up at Mandrake in the last week. I got emails each time (they're on my alert list). I usually get up about 4:45-5:00am. I missed both. I swear I'm meant not to have enemy mecha.

Hang in there, it will happen! I also like my Glaug very much. Like many here have said before, the non transforming mecha are the meat of the sandwich. This is why i promised myself i would only have TV HIkkie as the only tranforming mecha of this line.... and I failed!1422357071_browniefleet.thumb.jpg.009a6ae6b33158d7ef5385aef5201c74.jpg

8 hours ago, beatsing said:

@vlenhoff yup the spartan really feels like HI Metal.  if all the mechs were as good quality as the spartan, the HMR line would compete with the DX line.  Me too, I don't really like the spartan design in the TV series compared with the Tomahawk/defender/monster, but in hand, it is rock solid.  It's like the regult and glaug, in hand it's quality.

Yeah, it is a hefty little lovely thing, i am very glad i pulled the trigger.

50 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Agreed. The Spartan has always been my least favorite destroid and yet I love the little HMR guy to death. The detailing is fantastic for the size; he feels quite hefty and solid to play with. My only small complaint is the cockpit doesn't open at all like the Monster and Defender. But that is so minor compared to everything else.

Yeah, that would be it's only drawback, I agree. 

Thanks SH9000.. you do know... this is all your fault right? The moment you said thr mOnster could fit in a Detolf, and then linking me to that lovely price to buy it. And then giving me that awesome deal on the VF-4. I can only say thanks!

You’re welcome.  B))

Found a Glaug on Mandrake with "severely damaged box" (whatever, I don't care) for $75. But because I hav an addiction issue with toys apparently and I needed to justify shipping.....I got a few more things. Man, I've got problems.

And now I have a new problem. This is my first enemy mech. Gonna need more!

Mandrake Order.jpg

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Found a Glaug on Mandrake with "severely damaged box" (whatever, I don't care) for $75. But because I hav an addiction issue with toys apparently and I needed to justify shipping.....I got a few more things. Man, I've got problems.

I don't see how this is a problem. :unknw:

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Mine doesn't look that cool.:cray:

I wasn't satisfied with how plain it looked out of the box (even the HMR VF-1 has navigational light details) so I had to fix her up myself.

Additional pics with other modes.

49004622168_aa3f1b7bf1_o.jpg

49005162356_984e24f473_o.jpg

49005372027_895ce8c1dd_o.jpg

49005943246_368b373613_o.jpg

49006152837_9e1158fdb0_o.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I don't see how this is a problem. :unknw:

I wasn't satisfied with how plain it looked out of the box (even the HMR VF-1 has navigational light details) so I had to fix her up myself.

Additional pics with other modes.

[snip] 

Holy crap Loli, that looks awesome!  Nice job on all those tiny 'no step's.  I'm guessing you're leaving the battroid top chestpiece 'unlocked' in order to not scratch something below?  If so, good to know if I ever to get around to customizing one myself...

1 hour ago, DWN013 said:

Holy crap Loli, that looks awesome!  Nice job on all those tiny 'no step's.  I'm guessing you're leaving the battroid top chestpiece 'unlocked' in order to not scratch something below?  If so, good to know if I ever to get around to customizing one myself...

Whoops, nothing like that. The chest on my copy simply will not stay put and always pops out of place.

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

Mine doesn't look that cool.:cray:

LOL, I took a look at mine to see the difference. yes it could use some panel lining... but i am fresh out of time right now, so it will have to wait. 

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

Let us know the state of your Glaug's box when it arrives. Mandarake said the same about my Spartan box, and it wasn't that bad. Congrats on your Glaug!

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

I'd buy more regults is they didn't cost an insane amount now.