Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

If it comes to double packs, I'm waiting for the Q-Rau & Max VF-1A combo

That would be a great thematic pack.  I wonder if they consider the TV Max 1A to be desirable enough to be the seller in a double pack.  But maybe the theme alone would carry it.

I'd definitely be in for one, maybe more, and just customize the extra 1As to be cannon fodder.

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

This one and a DYRL VF-1S Max and Q-Rau Milia double pack would be nice.  I’ll take a DYRL VF-1A Max and green Regult double pack as well.

4 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

If the Scout and Roy VF-1S do in fact end up being sold exclusively as a double pack, it will basically confirm what we've been realizing for the past few years: non-valks rarely sell well on their own.  It could be the new reality that in order to get a non-valk release, we're going to have to buy it bundled with a popular valk (either as a re-issue, or something they haven't made, but think will sell well).  

The GBP set is a prime candidate for something like this.  Probably the Hikaru VF-1S DYRL.  The Max VF-1J sold well enough, but maybe not well enough to serve as a bundle seller.  I would think the TV VF-1S would be a good match as well, but maybe we'll get that later?

Or we could be jumping way ahead of ourselves and this won't be a bundle at all.  It's fun to speculate, though.

Except the previous Regults sold like crazy.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Except the previous Regults sold like crazy.

Yeah, that's why I said rarely.  There are always exceptions.

Even the regular regult took a while to catch on, though; it wasn't a top seller immediately.  I know I got mine below MSRP several months after release.  Seems like it took almost two years for it to really become a hot item.

Just now, optimuspint said:

Im totally open to feedback.  Does the sculpt not work for you? 

The sculpt is fine for what it is, I am just not too interested in collecting anything that isn't remotely close to anything related to Macross ...

I can only assume you are limited to producing things that do not completely copy available "Macross" lineart....with that said, there are several sources available that are not 100% "canon" yet still have Macross "street cred".  The armor produced recently by the folks at FEXT hobby is an example of a non-canon accessory, but still having Macross affiliation...the Thunder Hammer armor.

FEXT has clearly taken liberties with items printed in the Macross Variable Master Files books.  No reason why you can't.  I had already posted some suggestions, but it is your project so only you can ultimately decide what to produce. 

If Macross "inspired" is all you will be able to come up with, then I probably will not be willing to support your work.  I know there are other parties creating "exact" replicas of mecha and other things seen in the Macross shows/movies....if you are strictly keeping your production numbers low, perhaps you too can fly under the HG radar, if that concerns you.  If so, you clearly have the talent to come up with lineart accurate items that would sell-out to Macross fans.

19 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

The sculpt is fine for what it is, I am just not too interested in collecting anything that isn't remotely close to anything related to Macross ...

I can only assume you are limited to producing things that do not completely copy available "Macross" lineart....with that said, there are several sources available that are not 100% "canon" yet still have Macross "street cred".  The armor produced recently by the folks at FEXT hobby is an example of a non-canon accessory, but still having Macross affiliation...the Thunder Hammer armor.

FEXT has clearly taken liberties with items printed in the Macross Variable Master Files books.  No reason why you can't.  I had already posted some suggestions, but it is your project so only you can ultimately decide what to produce. 

If Macross "inspired" is all you will be able to come up with, then I probably will not be willing to support your work.  I know there are other parties creating "exact" replicas of mecha and other things seen in the Macross shows/movies....if you are strictly keeping your production numbers low, perhaps you too can fly under the HG radar, if that concerns you.  If so, you clearly have the talent to come up with lineart accurate items that would sell-out to Macross fans.

I completely respect that.   Since we are new we are kinda testing the waters with the whole third party thing.  Depending on how this goes we already have plans for something else that might interest you. 

8 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I was going to ask the same thing. Entire super parts, actually, since Bandai hasn't officially released them as part of the HMR line

This right here is actually my highest interest item.  I'm not going to begrudge anyone wanting destroids or other enemy mechs, because those will be awesome as well, but releasing stand-alone super/strike parts to use on all those VF-1s we have is obscenely overdue.

6 hours ago, optimuspint said:

totally open to feedback

OK in that case if its also non-canon stuff:

. The regult plastron cannons pop out quite easily and you could therefore do switchout options. The standard is particle beam but what if there were other weapon options - plasma, matter eater, maser, rail, ion, micro-munitions etc. Coloured black, with plastic of a similar feel, and each with a look that is unique but still consistent with the overall style of the Regult these could be interesting. They could come in a weapon pack with the top mounted canons.

. How about a flying recondrone option for the Regult Scout if/ when it comes? Something that clips onto the top mounted "wing" and can sort of look like it belongs? Or how about a gravity/matter eater mine layer switchout/add-on that deploys self burrowing mines?

. If the top mounted cannon on the Glaug can detach (have'nt tried) it could mount some serious missile racks. Or some other large exotic weapon.

This is just the fan in me writing of course, I dont know who else would be interested in this type of thing.

Hopefully the Scout Regult gets officially announced later this year (or early next year). Frankly I am not too disappointed at the sparse Macross HMR announcements/teases, as I have been pouring some of my money into stocks that otherwise would have gone into HMRs and kits etc. But I still want to see the Q Rau. Please Bandai, onegai..

8 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I was going to ask the same thing. Entire super parts, actually, since Bandai hasn't officially released them as part of the HMR line

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

This right here is actually my highest interest item.  I'm not going to begrudge anyone wanting destroids or other enemy mechs, because those will be awesome as well, but releasing stand-alone super/strike parts to use on all those VF-1s we have is obscenely overdue.

I’d buy sets for sure if they were made.

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

You just gave me flashbacks of when I first used the Arii kit armors for the old T-toys long before they even made them available.

That’s cool.  The TV arm armor from the Battroid kits still work fine.

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Cool.

Are you making this as well?  Sign me up.

06FE2E44-9CA3-4116-8D28-1750348FBBD9.jpeg.50f2dc868754ac0beaa92792ac6cdd8e.jpeg

I'm still curious to see what the flier and gerwalk modes would look like on that... but not at the expense of getting an HMR Gnerl, Q-Rau, Nousjadeul Ger, or Zentran grunts.

23 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

You just gave me flashbacks of when I first used the Arii kit armors for the old T-toys long before they even made them available.

For a second I thought you meant you had made custom fast-packs for the Takatoku Toys 1/100 valks!  :shok:....then i read the "before they even made them available" part...and knew you weren't referring to the 1/100 Takatokus...;)

Edited by jvmacross

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:59 PM, Convectuoso said:

That's a good one. 

Just a pity we cant select our own "made to customer order" model mixes. .

The current rate of one Zentradi mecha every 2 years is beyond painful.

On 10/27/2019 at 3:06 PM, jvmacross said:

...(L)et's hope for one last PO for 2019! :clapping:

Agreed!

On 10/27/2019 at 10:16 AM, jenius said:

Max was in his 1S when he squared off against Miria in DYRL, that would make a good pack also. They may be able to tweak it for a Frontier Q-Rare also.

This would definitely make for a great two-pack.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:59 PM, sh9000 said:

3D21165A-F478-4132-A60A-4FA74FFA624E.jpeg.e5be5c5a5ae812332fbd43129eddde32.jpeg

Flashback Friday.  The inner kid in me having fun with HMR battles.

That war is definitely going to hurt your leather coaches! I don't think fire and leather go together. 

Now in a more serious note, this squadron needs to call support, ASAP. God, I love brownies. Awesome troopers! I think Max alone could take care of them!

I don't see any of your missile regults there @sh9000

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

That war is definitely going to hurt your leather coaches! I don't think fire and leather go together. 

Now in a more serious note, this squadron needs to call support, ASAP. God, I love brownies. Awesome troopers! I think Max alone could take care of them!

I don't see any of your missile regults there @sh9000

:lol:

That pic was taken like 2 years ago when I got my first set of Regults and CFs and put them to battle.  Lots of fun.