Hi-Metal R

joppewo

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

I'm not really feeling it I guess. I wouldn't mind having one. But I'm not going to pay shipping on just one, it's not worth it to me.

Is there a way at NY for you to designate that it ships with items from other orders or something? I'd pick one up for sure if I could bundle it with other purchases. Unfortunately there isn't anything on NY that I want right now. Or more specifically nothing I want that is at a price I'll pay, There are a few DX's I want, but not at their pricing. Plenty of other places to get the same for a lot less.

I can't help but think there will be a lot available at release time fro great pricing.

You can combine any unpaid order at NY yourself from the order page. They have a tutorial on how to do it right there but it is simple. Only thing to make sure is that they will combine shipping and only ship when everything in the order is in stock. Also, check the prices for the items you want to combine because if the prices went up, you will lose your lower price and get whatever the current price is. 

27 minutes ago, MKT said:

It’s available again at NY, same price 9,180yen, but have to pay upfront now. Still the best deal by far though. 

I agree - and just ordered with ECO shipping option - it came to 10,770 yen total.  Amazon's option is good if people prefer fast shipping (and minimal wait time to dispatch), at about 13,600 yen with DHL global shipping.

25 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I agree - and just ordered with ECO shipping option - it came to 10,770 yen total.  Amazon's option is good if people prefer fast shipping (and minimal wait time to dispatch), at about 13,600 yen with DHL global shipping.

Cheapest eco shipping does not have tracking. 

57 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

You can combine any unpaid order at NY yourself from the order page. They have a tutorial on how to do it right there but it is simple. Only thing to make sure is that they will combine shipping and only ship when everything in the order is in stock. Also, check the prices for the items you want to combine because if the prices went up, you will lose your lower price and get whatever the current price is. 

I think you will also loose your discount code if it was used in any of the order you are combining too .

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

cheer up, it's Friday! :drinks:

....and a Macross PO is actually readily available post-PO go-live everywhere except HLJ and CDJapan....

life is good!

It’s available most places because it’s ugly.  I just wanted the head cheaper so it’s little bother to me if it’s available anywhere else.

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Weird

I just preordered from NY. 127 shipped with EMS.

Even reissues of several toys would do better. They should reissue Hikaru with GBP and give him the new neck and DYRL yellow missiles, do a Focker release, the regult could use another round, lots of options over the non canon scheme of a not hugely popular design.

17 minutes ago, jenius said:

Even reissues of several toys would do better. They should reissue Hikaru with GBP and give him the new neck and DYRL yellow missiles, do a Focker release, the regult could use another round, lots of options over the non canon scheme of a not hugely popular design.

I would pickup another regult. Aftermarket prices are ridiculous. 

56 minutes ago, Mommar said:

It’s available most places because it’s ugly.  I just wanted the head cheaper so it’s little bother to me if it’s available anywhere else.

Available currently at NY for the lowest price of 9180.....hurry up and go get your "cheap" head! :rolleyes:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/29464-hi-metal-r-vf-4g-lightning-iii.html

2 hours ago, F360 said:

I think you will also loose your discount code if it was used in any of the order you are combining too .

Correct. 

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks - yes I did see that.  I just thought I would take that risk with this one.  The next ECO shipping option with tracking is about 500 yen more I think.

Yeah, around $5 for tracking but I wouldn’t pay it. I don’t need to “see” where my package is until I see it at my house. 

Went to bed early, got plenty of sleep, checked all of the usual stores at 0600 Mountain Time before heading to work, and the only one sold out was HLJ. Came home from work, checked again at 1730 and it's the same. That experience is much closer to what it should be for Macross fans outside of Japan who want Bandai stuff. HLJ is still a popular option, so it makes sense that they'd get wiped out, but there should be plenty of other options at or near retail without having to compulsively hit F5 across multiple browser tabs in the middle of the night and hoping you don't get cartjacked every time you try to check out. Was a little surprised to see how much lower NY is selling it for, but a little competition is a good thing.