Hi-Metal R

joppewo

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

@loliphenex what is a Bandai Night?

Is when you stay at night and waiting calmly to get your PO for Bandai products  in online stores like Hlj , AmiAmi and the so popular NY in this last one you have even a roulette for fun.    :ph34r:  

I kid I kid i just a nightmare :D 

Edited by Alex GS

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

This^^^^

I'll get one the next morning. If I miss out, oh well, I'll live.

I wouldn't worry whatsoever you're going to end up getting one. Even if you waited weeks you'll probably still find some available.

I like the HMR line. Such a fun set of toys. I even have my kids flying around the house with those. Thankfully nothing's fallen from their hand yet oh, but I have heard they're pretty durable as well

On second thought, I might treat this like the Messer VF-1, and just grab one to customize.  I do like the alternate head.  The blunted black striping on the fuselage just looks doofy, and the black panels on the front of the wing just don't look good.  Same for that awkwardly shaped yellow section at the tip of the tails.. would it hurt them to paint a straight line?

I like the leg and wing stripes though.. hmmm... Maybe if the colors are similar, I can just kitbash it with one of the FB2012 ones... :huh: 

Edited by Chronocidal

2 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I'm just affraid that this custom paint schemes become shelfwarmers. It may have a negative impact on how successful the line is perceived to be by Bandai and we never get the Enemy mecha most of us are waiting for.

True HMR macross fans should buy one minimum each to ensure we will have more release in future! ;) 

Joking aside, I agree. It is a bit pricy but I will try to get one, maybe after release.

At first I thought that low-viz was an upcoming HMR release.

I think I'll paint the stripes and change the modex numbers on one of my spare VF-4s to blue for Max and another one to green for Kakizaki.  Then I'll have Roy lead them with this new VF-4G.  I'm ok if they're not canon.  They'll just look sweet displayed together.

Edited by sh9000

11 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

At first I thought that low-viz was an upcoming HMR release.

I think I'll paint the stripes and change the modex numbers on one of my spare VF-4s to blue for Max and another one to green for Kakizaki.  Then I'll have Roy lead them with this new VF-4G.  I'm ok if they're not canon.  They'll just look sweet displayed together.

When life gives you lemons.....customize them!

:friends:

4 hours ago, kkx said:

True HMR macross fans should buy one minimum each to ensure we will have more release in future! ;) 

Joking aside, I agree. It is a bit pricy but I will try to get one, maybe after release.

I'm hoping that our collective (and understandable) "meh" response to this release won't kill the HMR line.

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The anniversary VF-1 was a meh to most and that was like 5 or more releases ago. Not sure why every release induces  panic of it being the last one. :lol:

Mainly because Bandai is completely unpredictable. There doesn't seem to be any logic to what they release and when.

5 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Mainly because Bandai is completely unpredictable. There doesn't seem to be any logic to what they release and when.

True but knowing this, I don’t sweat it. If something comes, which has been the case consistently since the announcement of HMR, I buy it. If nothing comes again, hey, my wallet gets a break! Win-win!

I think the "panic" comes from the fact that they're not moving forward with what anyone actually wants them to release.  (ie the destroids and zentraedi stuff)

They're digging into the previous releases, and selling non-canon (and mostly uninspired) rehashes.  People want the movie they came to see to start playing, but they keep spamming us with trailers for unwanted sequels. :p 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

The anniversary VF-1 was a meh to most and that was like 5 or more releases ago. Not sure why every release induces  panic of it being the last one. :lol:

:D 

That last line made me chuckle.

Give a year without news, at least, before calling a line dead.

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

10094154a5.jpg

When this thing came out, I wanted it more than my next breath. Sadly this dark 1S was released as many in my near family passed away, including friends. I call it the "dark 6 years"

I am really sad I could not support Yamato back then, but I just couldn't. I do want to support Bandai, so they keep making /completing the HMR line. Who knows,maybe Bandia will just release a just few Vf-4, so they don't risk much. One thing is certain, I am not going to go through a pre-order madness for it. I paid 270.00 for the DX Tv max, plus shipping, which is 300+ dollars. Only to see it now for 240,000 yen in some stores. When you plan to spend 190 bucks, and it becomes 300+, it sucks. Specially when not long after that, I had to do some car repairs. This  put me in an unwanted risky position, and i hated it. 

I may have to sell my (extra)NISB 1/48 woodland color with woodland GPB armor to get some things i want. I really wish Bandai would produce this dark grey 1S livery. I will try to get that HMR Roy VF-4, because i am a sucker for Jolly Rogers. I am not gonna sweat it though.

Edited by vlenhoff

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

On second thought, I might treat this like the Messer VF-1, and just grab one to customize.  I do like the alternate head.  The blunted black striping on the fuselage just looks doofy, and the black panels on the front of the wing just don't look good.  Same for that awkwardly shaped yellow section at the tip of the tails.. would it hurt them to paint a straight line?

I like the leg and wing stripes though.. hmmm... Maybe if the colors are similar, I can just kitbash it with one of the FB2012 ones... :huh: 

I had similar tots on the black wing area, so i did a minor adjustments on what perhaps it would look like.

Made the chest area a little more matching with the base color, and adjusted the thigh stripes to be yellow.

1.jpg.3870cf1414c7edcca082e81b834a227d.jpg2.thumb.jpg.6e502ab0865f96c764ab01d3157171bc.jpg

Perhaps flows a bit better, but bandai's scheme isnt a major issue for me. 

Am still loving it either way! ;)

5 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I had similar tots on the black wing area, so i did a minor adjustments on what perhaps it would look like.

Made the chest area a little more matching with the base color, and adjusted the thigh stripes to be yellow.

1.jpg.3870cf1414c7edcca082e81b834a227d.jpg2.thumb.jpg.6e502ab0865f96c764ab01d3157171bc.jpg

Perhaps flows a bit better, but bandai's scheme isnt a major issue for me. 

Am still loving it either way! ;)

It’s just so weird to see soooo much chocolate color when it Roy’s Custom VF-4, or supposedly.

Bandai, Roy is black and yellow. KISS.

:p

Just now, nightmareB4macross said:

It’s just so weird to see soooo much chocolate color when it Roy’s Custom VF-4, or supposedly.

Bandai, Roy is black and yellow. KISS.

:p

i was wondering the same thing. Why not black or gunmetal instead of brown/bronze/chocolate color. KISS indeed!

Just now, seti88 said:

Most likely bandai doesnt want to add to costs of repainting the chocolate parts any more than is the absolute minimum. :unsure:

^ this ^

Did the original Vf-4 lineart ever had chocolate/brown parts? I wonder why that choice of color for a valk. Don't get me wrong, i love brownies, but i don't like to mix them with my skull and crossed bones. 

Edited by vlenhoff

I don't thk there was ever was a official vf-4 colored version for gerwalk or battroid, anyone please correct me if am wrong.

Kawamori even only finished the transformation design for the VF-4 when the VFX game came about. 
And by that time, the VF-4 had grey feet.

From what i understand or logically deduce, is that since the original FB version had brown feet, that extended into the internals once bandai decided to make the HMR FB version.