Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 9/7/2019 at 6:35 PM, borgified said:

If you think that is crazy @sqidd, that's nothing to compared to what @sh9000has.. :p

He is the true "King of HMRs". ;)

He's Elvis. I'm an Elvis impersonator. 

On 9/7/2019 at 6:37 PM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

All those boxes look great together. Seems the only one you're missing is the VF-1S Messer (which is skippable, in my opinion).

If we're talking future releases, my top most wanted would be:

1. Tomahawk
2. VF-1A Max
3. VF-1S Roy/Hikaru TV version
4. Q-Rau TV version
5. VF-1A Armored

Exactly. I've never seen Macross Frontier, so it doesn't really excite me.  Same with the missile effects 'n stuff (looks like whipped cream to me!)

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I admire your restraint, in my closet all of that is packed tightly on a single shelf.

Not so much restraint (okay, maybe a little!), but it's more so having the time and budget to put together a "display" I really want. I should mention that I have opened a few boxes, took some out of the boxes, etc. Then after a few minutes, they went back in. 

Originally I had 'em displayed by binder (tightly, as you mentioned), but I wanted to mix it up. 

6 hours ago, rocketblast said:

Mine spans across the top shelf and I have boxes with my VT-1s and VE-1s in various places in the room.  It's nice to be grown up and be able to get all this stuff.  When I was a kid, I was so young I didn't know what this stuff was called so I didn't know how to ask for it (what I mean is, the 1/55 Bandai valkyries and whatever else).

Yeah, stuff like this was unobtainable to me. I only remember having a handful of "Macross" products (I wanted Jetfire ONLY because it was a valk). We weren't poor, but my parents had other priorities.  

Edited by fifbeat

I've only purchased one HMR so far (VF-4). What a great little toy. I'm really torn on them as a series though. If I get one more.........then I'm going to need all of them. That would have been a lot more palatable when they were released and the going rate was lower. Right now some of them fetch a pretty big price. I'm not sure I want to go down that rabbit hole.......but I do!:D

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I've only purchased one HMR so far (VF-4). What a great little toy. I'm really torn on them as a series though. If I get one more.........then I'm going to need all of them. That would have been a lot more palatable when they were released and the going rate was lower. Right now some of them fetch a pretty big price. I'm not sure I want to go down that rabbit hole.......but I do!:D

@sqidd once I started with the HMR line, I ended up getting most of them. I like the line. Fun to fly around the house with. And pretty durable to.

That 2019 Tamashii Nations poster doesn't show any HMR though? The one on the poster is a 1/48. Are there truly more HMR releases planned?  Feels like Bandai are now just starting all over with their 1/48 line,personally aside from the usual suspect Elint/Ostrich in 1/48....(.a 1/48 VF-4 would be amazing  too...) it'll be a miss. Got the 1st one as I had preordered it, it's great and all, but not sure I need more VF-1s in my overcrowded Macross cabinets.

Rambling...regarding the HMR, any official announcements regarding the line continuity? They teased us with so many unreleased pieces, shame really, great line to fiddle around with on you desk. :(

58 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

That 2019 Tamashii Nations poster doesn't show any HMR though? The one on the poster is a 1/48. Are there truly more HMR releases planned?  Feels like Bandai are now just starting all over with their 1/48 line,personally aside from the usual suspect Elint/Ostrich in 1/48....(.a 1/48 VF-4 would be amazing  too...) it'll be a miss. Got the 1st one as I had preordered it, it's great and all, but not sure I need more VF-1s in my overcrowded Macross cabinets.

Rambling...regarding the HMR, any official announcements regarding the line continuity? They teased us with so many unreleased pieces, shame really, great line to fiddle around with on you desk. :(

No announcement one way or another has been made.  I'm watching the exhibitions page for the October event (it isn't up yet).  Hopefully, we'll get a mention of HMR there.  If not, we'll have to wait until the event itself.

Some people are speculating that if we don't see/hear anything at all about the line at the next event, it is dead or on indefinite hiatus.  We just don't know.  I doubt Bandai would outright announce that the line is discontinued, even if it were, though.

23 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Some people are speculating that if we don't see/hear anything at all about the line at the next event, it is dead or on indefinite hiatus.  We just don't know.  I doubt Bandai would outright announce that the line is discontinued, even if it were, though.

Would be such a shame.....Like many here, I love the playability of the HMR....Excellent fiddling about figures....'Piuuu Piuuu, Whoooshh"....:lol:

Still too early to even speculate on line being dead...

This year;
valks;
2 (max+hikkie)1/48 DX releases.
2 (1d+4g) 1/100 HMR releases.
1 (chuck) 1/60 DX release

add-on's
2 (armor + messers draken) DX add-on part releases...
3(missile+SSP being a double release) 1/48 DX add on part releases.

Doesn't seem like a dying HMR line, more like the add on's taking up slots to support previously released valks. 

11 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Still too early to even speculate on line being dead...

This year;
valks;
2 (max+hikkie)1/48 DX releases.
2 (1d+4g) 1/100 HMR releases.
1 (chuck) 1/60 DX release

add-on's
2 (armor + messers draken) DX add-on part releases...
3(missile+SSP being a double release) 1/48 DX add on part releases.

Doesn't seem like a dying HMR line, more like the add on's taking up slots to support previously released valks. 

That's a lot of Macross, but not much HMR.

Personally I think it's just Bandai not wanting to compete too much with itself when it comes to fans of Macross. 

9 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Feels like Bandai are now just starting all over with their 1/48 line,

When did Bandai previously produce 1/48 Valks?

6 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Unfortunately, for enemy mecha things are more complicated. A HMR Queadluun would be just awesome. 

At least you can reasonably display the Tamashi Robot Sprits Pixie squad with your HMR's

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's a lot of Macross, but not much HMR.

Personally I think it's just Bandai not wanting to compete too much with itself when it comes to fans of Macross. 

I think its the way bandai structures their macross p-bandai releases.
If they can release both p-bandai and regular releases concurrently, then we wouldn't have a shortage of release slots for macross.

Macross releases are split right in the middle between 5 valks and 5 add-on releases this year. 

Compare with 2018 when there were 10 valks and only 1 add on part with a single SHF sheryl.

9 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Would be such a shame.....Like many here, I love the playability of the HMR....Excellent fiddling about figures....'Piuuu Piuuu, Whoooshh"....:lol:

I just transformed one of my VF-1D and I can't agree more.

Also yeah when I was a kid, my parents didn't have tons of money to spend to begin with so yeah I kinda doubt they were in the market for a valkyrie back then as a gift.  We didn't get many toys, nowhere near as many as these millenial kids do these days.

16 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Excellent fiddling about figures....'Piuuu Piuuu, Whoooshh"....:lol:

Don’t you mean “Kyuun, kyuun, kyuun, kyuun”? :D

9 hours ago, Bolt said:

When did Bandai previously produce 1/48 Valks?

They didn’t, to my knowledge. I think @Kinzoku VF meant that they were re-starting on building a line at a new scale.