Hi-Metal R

joppewo

14 hours ago, kkx said:

Nice!

Waiting to see this with some Tomahawks!

13 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Now that's fire power! :good:

12 hours ago, derex3592 said:

My GOD man...LOL! I liiiike it!!! 

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

That looks pretty cool @vlenhoff.  I’ll try that and the greener HM Super Parts on the VF-1D in Fighter mode and see how they look.

Ha, so the HM FP is greener? That may look even better! I was very close to getting the HM FP but a few months ago i found this set from the Hikkie 1A on ebay for 45 bucks shipped. Well, It was really 55 bucks, but incredibly, the seller mailed it using slower mail service than the described fast delivery, and he gave me back 10 bucks. Honestly, I didn't even remember it was "fastshipping" or anything. I did think it was taking a long time, but I never complained, or said anything.  The seller himself said he made a mistake and gave 10 bucks back. Super honest seller, super honest.

He even confirmed the set didn't have the commonly left leg right leg duplicate, via communication before i bought it. It has been a lucky year for me, but not the easiest year, lol. There is always something to pay for or surprise car expenses, but somehow, things have worked out. Sometimes i wish the FP had the macross kite instead of the skull markings, but the skull is sexy enough to keep it that way. I never thought I'd enjoy this line so much. Such cool little things.

Thanks for the comment @kkx & @sh9000, you guys rock!

The standalone super part set has stickers you can put on the sides of the boosters. Skull Squadron emblem in red, blue, black and green backgrounds, along with a UN Spacy Kite.

I snagged a pair of sets off Mandarake for about 6k each. More than I’d like to have paid, but my 1D and brownie 1A look good with them.

Plus, you know, strike cannon on the 1D. :)

Edited by jeniusornome

8 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Ha, so the HM FP is greener? That may look even better! I was very close to getting the HM FP but a few months ago i found this set from the Hikkie 1A on ebay for 45 bucks shipped. Well, It was really 55 bucks, but incredibly, the seller mailed it using slower mail service than the described fast delivery, and he gave me back 10 bucks. Honestly, I didn't even remember it was "fastshipping" or anything. I did think it was taking a long time, but I never complained, or said anything.  The seller himself said he made a mistake and gave 10 bucks back. Super honest seller, super honest.

He even confirmed the set didn't have the commonly left leg right leg duplicate, via communication before i bought it. It has been a lucky year for me, but not the easiest year, lol. There is always something to pay for or surprise car expenses, but somehow, things have worked out. Sometimes i wish the FP had the macross kite instead of the skull markings, but the skull is sexy enough to keep it that way. I never thought I'd enjoy this line so much. Such cool little things.

Thanks for the comment @kkx & @sh9000, you guys rock!

Here’s the VF-1D with the HM Super Parts.

3F5CB464-101B-4553-BFD9-1B810BE518F8.thumb.jpeg.4a16bfc0e7ad65baac6edc4e539db440.jpeg

Oh yeah! Thats more like it! That juicy kite and the greener color does work. I do like the way it looks with the bluish hue and skull too, but this is the ticket. The 1D is such a beautiful bird.

Edited by vlenhoff

7 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Nice combo, @sh9000. Agreed that the TV color works much better. 

Even though they were originally intended for DYRL, I typically only put the HM green packs on TV valks. My DYRL valks get HMR blue packs. 

I wasn't in the game back when the HM were available. Now those HM fast packs are basically 100 shipped, which is nearly the cost of an entire valk. Also, brownies are so delicious it is hard to go for another fast pack vs another brownie. 

Saving my cash that normally would go to these for a 2020 Corvette since it looks like Bandai abandoned us.  My original account got banned from this forum anyway.

Good luck to you all it was fun while it lasted.  I have used this forum since maybe the year 2000 or earlier.  Always has been a great place for Macross toy information.  I even purchased a boatload of 1/55 Bandai reissues from a guy called Spidey Jerusalem whom ran Blasto Toys I think it was.

Anyways greets especially to sh9000 always top quality posts.  And jenius great site you have, anymoon.  Good stuff guys.

From what i heard, the overall line was considered to have done well. I'm sure we can point to a couple releases that did less well but I think it's overall been considered a success. Kind of surprised if it's being sent out to pasture....  Sorry though, I don't know of anything official.

14 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Does anyone know if there are any sales reports available somewhere regarding how well the different Hi-Metal R's have sold/are selling?

No, not that I've seen.  You can find really general revenue numbers about some of Bandai's brands that they make toys for (Gundam, DBZ, Macross, etc), but nothing very specific.  I haven't even been able to find numbers that are division specific (Tamashii Nations, SoC, GunPla, etc).  Much less individual brands within Tamashii Nations.  Finding numbers for specific figure releases seems impossible, unless you have insider access.

You can look at secondary market prices and get a very rough idea about how individual releases did, but there are a lot of unknowns there.  So, as far as I can tell, there is no way we can say for certain how well specific releases sold.

I'm not ready to call the line dead, personally.  They had a release come out this month; I'm not really sure why everyone is so doom-and-gloom about it yet.  I know we'd expect to hear about the next release by now, but maybe they are just working on other things.

I'm not saying the line is as healthy as it has ever been, but I'm not sure it's gone.

I suspect it's just on the bench at the moment due to all the other Macross stuff coming out right now.

I'll believe it's on the way out if there's nothing at the next Tamashii Nations event.

The VF-1 are starting to get a bit stale (given the post-release availability of the VE-1, VF-1D, and VT-1). The VF-4 went over very well. The VF-2SS seems like kind of a stinker. The Desdroids never did very well, and neither did the enemy mecha (at release, though the Regult went up quite a lot after release).

I imagine up next we'll see another VF-4, possibly the last desdroids. Somewhat lower on the list is a new mold (VF/YF-19 perhaps, or N-Ger/Q-Rau).

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Just let me know when I can pour myself a tall glass of merlot,  start playing some Depeche Mode, and climb into a hot bathtub with a razor.

Until that point, I will hold out hope!

47 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Cool.  Another DM fan.  It’ll be alright.

Oh, c'mon now, I'd wager 90% of the members on these forums had Depeche Mode tapes playing constantly while growing up.

2 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Oh, c'mon now, I'd wager 90% of the members on these forums had Depeche Mode tapes playing constantly while growing up.

And still do (well, no longer tapes or cds...but nevertheless)

Edited by Grimgerde

16 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Yeah it was cool that time when people kept posting DM videos in the music thread.

I hope to see a new Macross HMR toy at the next Tamashii Nations event.

3 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Did Depeche Mode ever released an album in Stereo 8? :rolleyes: