Hi-Metal R

joppewo

@kkx I've had it happen before where it looks like the package is just sitting, having not even been picked up - then suddenly it shows up on my doorstep.

Like if it isn't scanned in one place it takes a while to catch up, or something.

I found punching the tracking number into the USPS website occasionally gets me updated information faster than Japan Post, if that helps. /shrug

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

@kkx I've had it happen before where it looks like the package is just sitting, having not even been picked up - then suddenly it shows up on my doorstep.

Like if it isn't scanned in one place it takes a while to catch up, or something.

I found punching the tracking number into the USPS website occasionally gets me updated information faster than Japan Post, if that helps. /shrug

I tried both Japan post and USPS tracking, same info.

Seems a bit weird.

June 19, 2019, 2:55 pm 
Processed Through Facility 
OSAKA INT V BAG 2, JAPAN 

June 18, 2019, 1:13 am 
Processed Through Facility 
OSAKA INT, JAPAN 

June 17, 2019, 5:23 pm 
Acceptance 
JAPAN 

6 hours ago, rocketblast said:

Hi-Metal R releases seem dead.  I moved on to collecting more Yamato 1/60ths that I am missing.  I don't really expect anything more from this line of toys.  Was great while it lasted.

1437A255-2A56-4FDE-995A-981976AA3366.gif.a72b55f523f6ec57e4434d871dffb2f7.gif

14 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Pinged Mandrake and they are checking with Japan post office for update. Good customer service. Hopefully it is just delayed and not lost.

Korchima Soltic from Dougram is supposed to release this month, waiting...  I don't think there's anything on the schedule past that, which is disappointing.  And it will likely be FSS when it does drop, like we needed another property/series in this line...

Bandai seems to have shifted Macross focus to the DX 1/48 line, I guess they can only have one stream of Macross at a time.  So nothing HMR until next year it looks like because the DX strike armor is a December release.  It would be nice if they'd do 1 DX VF-1 a year and then pepper in 4-5 HMR across the rest of the year.

Edited by easnoddy

I’m down for more HMR to fill in the gaps in other releases.

3 minutes ago, Vagabond Elf said:

I've always thought Drakkens looked like they belonged in Macross. Probably because of how they resemble the UEDF kite. 

I think the two look good together.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:25 PM, seti88 said:

Tamashii nations in October or few weeks before that should be a logical time for announcments. Any HMR news before October would need to find a slot in midst of 1/60 DX and 1/48 releases, which seems unlikely.

This, September at the earliest but they'll definitely sneak one more in before the end of the year.

Alas you can tell that there's waaaay more love for the DX line than HMR

On 7/15/2019 at 3:28 PM, sh9000 said:

You should at least check them out.

EE03C702-12A3-4607-90E7-812376061393.thumb.jpeg.a113718a28c7531378435e500448942b.jpeg

It surely looks nice. One quick question if I may, these are die-cast? so the surface/material is metal? Is the panel line crisp?

2 hours ago, kkx said:

It surely looks nice. One quick question if I may, these are die-cast? so the surface/material is metal? Is the panel line crisp?

Yes and not too deep.

Edited by sh9000

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Exactly. Anything to keep the line alive and give us hope that we will eventually see the Tomahawk, the Q-rau, and the rest of Vermillion.

I have space set aside on one of my display shelves for at least five more releases (Tomahawk, Phalanx, Q-Rau, TV Max, TV Hayao) :D

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Yes and not too deep.

I am really curious about how these look in person. The 2190 yen price tag is attractive.... hmm...

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

I have space set aside on one of my display shelves for at least five more releases (Tomahawk, Phalanx, Q-Rau, TV Max, TV Hayao) :D

Let it be Tomahawk please. I will get multiple.