Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I like it!  Too bad there is no thrusters swivel.  If you could only transplant the HMR ones...  I assume that this is a stop-gap project until Bandai releases a real HMR Scout?  Looking forward to your completer custom.

Edited by DewPoint

4 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I like it!  Too bad there is no thrusters swivel.  If you could only transplant the HMR ones...  I assume that this is a stop-gap project until Bandai releases a real HMR Scout?  Looking forward to your completer custom.

Thanks.  Yeah the ones on the HMR Regult come off but then I didn’t want to alter them anyway.

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Also wondering why not just go with the whole kit?

The legs would have been thicker and there would be no articulation.  I can do this.

B3592A82-6235-46A6-8477-195257592DEF.jpeg.1283567f625fec7798f8c2c2d053f506.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

Nice!

Looks good :good:

Thanks.  Here it is with Messer.

42C3462A-7C0D-4473-BA34-59B8498ECBAB.thumb.jpeg.2058fbf58fe279844cf6dc6fc5fe0b18.jpeg

On 6/29/2019 at 11:41 PM, seti88 said:

Everytime i come in here, and seeing all the pic posts, i get various macross song's playing in my head...

This time is fate's arrow and near the caution/mellow riff part...

There's just this subtle hint of Pink Floyd going on there... Love it. 

@Anasazi37 Wow, that's an impressive collection!

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  Yeah first time posing it like Tenjin’s art and the DX 1/48.

@sh9000 You def nailed the pose! I was playing today with the Arcadia Miria Shizuka sold me. I even took it to a friend of mine. Funny thing, as i am leaving my friend's home, his neighbor yells at me "You got the Macross logo in your car!" I do have a old static sticker in my left rear window. So I showed him Miria's valk as i put my window down, and the guy opened his mouth, lol. He then says " I am a star wars collector!" I responded : Me too!macrosskite.thumb.jpg.244ea2d77369759219d101059cbff011.jpg

I never thought i'd say this, but my HMR Airspace became crowded over time.

569858118_crowdedairspace.thumb.jpg.f326c6707225ee6c617aa74a2708274b.jpg

I remember when i was a kid, and i would stare at the beautiful illustration of jetfire at the back of my transformers boxes for hours. I am sure you all know what illustration that is. As i kid i had given up on the idea of ever having one. This may sound shallow, but this picture just makes me smile. Except for M&M, every valk in this pic has a different head or purpose. Maybe in the future, I'll be able to squeeze a 1S in there somewhere. Personally, the VF-1 design is still my favorite of all time.

Edited by vlenhoff

Thanks guys, but I'm super broke at the moment. I am in "restrictive" mode or " safe mode" , at the moment, lol

it will happen eventually, but it does sound good to have a Delta colored Valk in there. The 4G, and 2SS are in there representing those animations anyway. Great idea, I'll get a Delta 1S whenever I balance myself.

I know i have Hikaru's HM original 1J somewhere... That would finish it off. I notices class 5 stand and such have other pegs in the base. maybe i can share a stand so they all fit in there. Intense area of air traffic.

I wonder if Bandai/Tamashii would ever do a proper HMR Macross F, or Mac + valk.

Edited by vlenhoff

@sh9000 Thanks! You were a great part of making it possible. Thanks again man, most obliged!

This is the first time ever someone notices it. I have had the same sticker in my previous wrx, and in this one. So nearly 12 years of having it in the same exact location, 2 different WRXs, and now someone noticed! Funny thing i happened to have a valk with me, which is super rare.

My guess is that there will be no more bandai macross announcements until end Sept till to tamashii nations in end October.

All the release months for remaining year are full save for one before the 1/48 supers release and it’s already tamashii nations by then.

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

@sh9000 Thanks! You were a great part of making it possible. Thanks again man, most obliged!

This is the first time ever someone notices it. I have had the same sticker in my previous wrx, and in this one. So nearly 12 years of having it in the same exact location, 2 different WRXs, and now someone noticed! Funny thing i happened to have a valk with me, which is super rare.

No problem.

Great moment in history today for me.  My 2-year-old enjoyed swooshing around my armorless HMR VT-1 and VE-1 in Fighter mode.  Sound effects and all.  :D

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

My guess is that there will be no more bandai macross announcements until end Sept till to tamashii nations in end October.

All the release months for remaining year are full save for one before the 1/48 supers release and it’s already tamashii nations by then.

A few reply’s up..

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

No problem.

Great moment in history today for me.  My 2-year-old enjoyed swooshing around my armorless HMR VT-1 and VE-1 in Fighter mode.  Sound effects and all.  :D

NICE!!! It is in your genes!!! Good thing he started with training and scout versions. You would not want him to bring the house down or hurt himself with an armored one. :crazy:

@MKT Great collection there! These HMR have grown on me, and i hope Bandai finishes it properly.

Edited by vlenhoff