Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 6/4/2019 at 8:01 AM, sh9000 said:

Yes.  And at this point with only 2 more of the DX 1/48 VF-1 that I need, I’m happy to just continue collecting HMR.

These are my thoughts exactly.

19 hours ago, kkx said:

Been hunting around. Will check Jungle and Mandrake. NY is my last resort. No urgency since I have some many new things coming in. But I love CF.

I am waiting for a 1/48 CF to arrive. It has a set of woodland armor waiting for him.

I got the GBP woodland and woodland 1A's too. The CF will look great with it too. Aweomse!

14 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Seconded. 130 is about double the original MSRP. I know they’ve become more valuable, but I think you could get one for 8000-9000 yen via Mandarake eventually.

@kyekye - That is a great looking stand!  

@sh9000 sent me a link from Jungle , and it was like 9300 yen. You're right on the money.

Thanks for all the awesome replies everyone! I really appreciate them!

@sh9000 I used these two short videos.

To get the effect, you go to Photoshop, filter, filter gallery, poster edges, and increase edge thickness, edge intensity, and reduce posterization. It gives the slight impression that it has been drawn. I hope this helps.

1149697765_VF-4edges.thumb.jpg.f962e74f0d1446656766acb82d4dee89.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

On 6/6/2019 at 9:38 AM, vlenhoff said:

These are my thoughts exactly.

I got the GBP woodland and woodland 1A's too. The CF will look great with it too. Aweomse!

@sh9000 sent me a link from Jungle , and it was like 9300 yen. You're right on the money.

Thanks for all the awesome replies everyone! I really appreciate them!

@sh9000 I used these two short videos.

To get the effect, you go to Photoshop, filter, filter gallery, poster edges, and increase edge thickness, edge intensity, and reduce posterization. It gives the slight impression that it has been drawn. I hope this helps.

1149697765_VF-4edges.thumb.jpg.f962e74f0d1446656766acb82d4dee89.jpg

Or you could use the comic filter on iphones to take a pic, the problem with that is getting to the filter can be a bit PITA.

Edited by Guyffon

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

hmm, I use android, but i do have an ipad pro. I will look into it, thanks!

Yup, ipad pro has it too, you have to go imessage, take a photo to send to the person you want to message, select the filter icon and change camera, take the photo, and select done, then do not send the photo to the contact you use and look for it in the photo album, I do not know why apple do not have this filter in their camera mode, this is an example

0F5A0E2B-3934-409E-B7E5-B79C39F338F3.jpeg

Edited by Guyffon

3 hours ago, Guyffon said:

I took a few of my hmr collection with the iphone app

664914DC-B3E0-48C1-A67A-46079B90539D.jpeg

F5FB375A-6FBE-4A64-AE62-0CDB9A4E1106.jpeg

600F5DF7-0463-4A8C-ABE9-9B46FFB1A52D.jpeg

A few more tweaks and this could pass off as comic book panels. Although I wouldn't want to give ideas to some company that must not be named about this short cut. :lol:

48 minutes ago, hachi said:

A few more tweaks and this could pass off as comic book panels. Although I wouldn't want to give ideas to some company that must not be named about this short cut. :lol:

I fully expect some version of rotoscoping based on this to increase panels of Valks in a certain company's comics.

I have always been a fan of those lines of toys that put out "cell shaded" versions. Though most seem like 4th party KOs. This filter is actually cool in as much that it gives a good guide on how to customize or color the Valks if one wants the cell shaded look. I wasn't planning on getting a second set of valks. But I may on the cheap ones to give this a go 

Wow, artistic explosion in MW! Great job using the filter everyone!

I specially like when the camera angle is low, when shooting robot mode. In the animation they always tried to keep the camera low, to give the sensation of how massive these machines were in the show. I do love the YF-19 shot, as well as many others!

Pretty good composition, Great job everyone!

Edited by vlenhoff

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Cool photo effects, guys. :good:

Don't want to be like an @$$ here, but keep in mind that this is a thread for Hi-Metal R's. For non-HMR, we can use the existing threads below. ;)

Worth quoting.