Hi-Metal R

joppewo

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

Just keep on wishing on HMR. If calculations are correct any indications on new releases would be September or wait till the tamashii event in end October...

Sounds like it's going to be a long summer of waiting for those of us solely on the Hi-Metal R Macross train.

^ ^ ^ pretty accurate depiction of what happened on pre-order night.^ ^ ^ @jvmacross

@sh9000 , the head laser mechanisms, in the DYRL version is awesome, so for now it will remain there. I took this picture in a hurry, so i didn't change hands or anything. I'll take a few more pictures soon! And again, thanks for the link!

@Ignacio Ocamica Both the brownie, and the 1D are one of my all time favorites, enjoy yours!

@kkx I know nippon Yassan has it for 130usd. I’d check Jungle, and Mandrake for better prices.

Edited by vlenhoff
typos

9 hours ago, easnoddy said:

What have we had, 2 HMR Macross releases this year?  The VF-4 and 1D?  That and the Korchima Soltic are the only ones I have tabbed for 2019.

Yes looks like its only 2 Macross HMR's this year, unless bandai squeezes in a HMR TWE in between the 1/48 Max and 1/48 hikkie releases...
The HMR releases this year, VF-4 FB!! and VF-1D!! were iconic in macross fandom terms though. 

5 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

It would seem that with so much focus on the new DX VF-1 (and related add-ons) that Bandai hasn’t had the resources to devote to HMR lately. :(

True dat.

4 hours ago, RDX17 said:

Sounds like it's going to be a long summer of waiting for those of us solely on the Hi-Metal R Macross train.

Yeah the 1/48 DX train is taking over....which i wouldnt mind too much but the pre-order madness is nuts....

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Finally got this little bugger!

Congrats! I got mine when FEXT came out with their armors, which made me source a HMR VF-1A! Love it to bits!

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

HMR train....

DX VF-1 train...

Nicely compared!!! :lol:

Arcadia train...Lots of admirers taking pics but not actually boarding...

steam-train-elgin.gif.4d282aa66c8faa0082242a253c4d349c.gif

and toynami train...:ph34r:

l_slide-5c62a8c2235c5.jpg.8e6b1883d5fb74e2edb133f1fb598824.jpg

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

@kkx I know nippon Yassan has it for 130usd. I’d check Jungle, and Mandrake for better prices.

Been hunting around. Will check Jungle and Mandrake. NY is my last resort. No urgency since I have some many new things coming in. But I love CF.

I am waiting for a 1/48 CF to arrive. It has a set of woodland armor waiting for him.

47 minutes ago, kyekye said:

That was 2 years ago. I got tired of waiting and made my own..

39678065773_01dc0ff537_o.jpg

Making of post here if you're interested

I'm pretty sure this one looks accurate than what HMR has. :good:

Love that stand, @kyekye. :wub: 

It would be nice if Bandai will include a DYRL themed display stand for the upcoming DX Hikaru VF-1S.

8 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Seconded. 130 is about double the original MSRP. I know they’ve become more valuable, but I think you could get one for 8000-9000 yen via Mandarake eventually.

@kyekye - That is a great looking stand!  

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Some Monster love:

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4281.JPG

The reason why we can't complain too much for still not having an HMR Tomahawk or Phalanx...and a damn good reason it is! :good:

I think I would feel less optimistic for a Monster if we had already received all 4 other Destroids and had now been waiting 4+ years for the Monster shown in those glorious early promo shots to be released...

For now, I still feel the release of the last 2 Destroids is just a matter of (more) time...right? Right?!?!

Edited by jvmacross

Wow, if i would have seen those commercials back then, I would have pooped my pants. In my area there was nothing macross at all. Jetfire introduced me to macross.

Yeah sorry about the shaky cam, I was trying to shoot a Baymovie Gif...

Just kidding, yeah i need  to use my tripod, and time. I've been planing to do stop motion for a while.

Edited by vlenhoff