Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 minute ago, RDX17 said:

^VT-1 without the Super Parts, and with the wrong lady friend! Very disappointing. :)

Some say Misa is the right one!

Bandai included the wrong stand adaptor for the VT-1 Fastpacks. I need to find my Hikaru HM and use that stand.

I do like Minmei too, but she is only in my mind, when the fast packs are on...

18 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Some say Misa is the right one!

Bandai included the wrong stand adaptor for the VT-1 Fastpacks. I need to find my Hikaru HM and use that stand.

I do like Minmei too, but she is only in my mind, when the fast packs are on...

Yeah, I agree actually...Misa is the one.

I find that having the Fastpacks on also helps hide the orange issue. :)

Congrats on your new Max as well!

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

It arrived...2067070671_SOblue.thumb.jpg.c9a23ccbf5bd70f04216874924abade8.jpg

Group shot!

1272565286_andorange.thumb.jpg.942ccc3e3496fcef588a1b7876121980.jpg

Macross Jam

316128192_Macrossjam.thumb.jpg.703df604332abaaab666df10b29bda9b.jpg

Thank you @kkx for a great transaction on Super Max. It is a thing of beauty. With the wrong colors, but yeah, a thing of beauty!

Looking great. Will wait for a more complete group shot with Milia in there too. :) 

^ ^ ^ absolutely! ^ ^ ^ 

I hoping to find a nice deal on Milia. When i get my VF-4 from @sh9000, i'll take more pictures!

BTW, I noticed the 1J head is really exposed in your picture. Was that on purpose? 

@seti88 Thanks so much seti!

Edited by vlenhoff

^ ^ ^ absolutely! ^ ^ ^ 

I hoping to find a nice deal on Milia. When i get my VF-4 from @sh9000, i'll take more pictures!

BTW, I noticed the 1J head is really exposed in your picture. Was that on purpose? 

I don't remember if I did that on purpose as that photo was taken the day I got the figure which was right when it came out. Probably just a slight "mistransformation" on my part.

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

not gonna lie... I got a thing for fighter mode...

Nice trash compactor Luke BTW. That's very cool!

Thanks.  I have a small collection of sealed Black Series figures and I’ll post them in that thread.

Yep Fighter mode is nice.

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

^ ^ ^ absolutely! ^ ^ ^ 

I have a deal on a Milia.  B))  No box but cheaper than Mandarake.

13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I don't remember if I did that on purpose as that photo was taken the day I got the figure which was right when it came out. Probably just a slight "mistransformation" on my part.

Yeah it looks like the head would just need to be pushed up.

@sh9000^ ^ ^ You know i will buy your Milia! ^^ ^ [and your VF-4!]

i Do have a few black series myself, and i think they have improved their printing methods, face etc. 

@Slave IV yeah, the HMR are really cool. I was able to tuck in Max head in fighter mode you can tuck in the lens in the little gap, if the neck part is rotated properly. Like you said, that was a first time transformation. I am surprised how good these things feel with the fast packs on. It is a dense little thing. I missed all the cool 1S-1J-1A FP releases, but i think i have enough to represent the scales among the fighters. I see now why people are crazy about this awesome line.

Edited by vlenhoff

2 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

@sh9000^ ^ ^ You know i will buy your Milia! ^^ ^ [and your VF-4!]

i Do have a few black series myself, and i think they have improved their printing methods, face etc. 

@Slave IV yeah, the HMR are really cool. I was able to tuck in Max head in fighter mode you can tuck in the lens in the little gap, if the neck part is rotated properly. Like you said, that was a first time transformation. I am surprised how good these things feel with the fast packs on. It is a dense little thing. I missed all the cool 1S-1J-1A FP releases, but i think i have enough to represent the scales among the fighters. I see now why people are crazy about these awesome line.

Well once again, welcome to the craze. There isn't another line better than HMR when it comes to display and playability factor.

9 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Well once again, welcome to the craze. There isn't another line better than HMR when it comes to display and playability factor.

Never would've guessed that I'd be collecting my Macross machines in this scale. It's a little easier on the wallet at least. That and we actually get enemy units.

I will probably spring for the Bandai DX 1/48 VF-1S Focker, though. Gotta have at least one of those.

3 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

"I will probably spring for the Bandai DX 1/48 VF-1S Focker, though. Gotta have at least one of those."

You and everyone else in the 30 seconds that it is available for pre order.  :)

Yeah the DX VF-1A PO was so demoralizing lol

Have to remind myself these are toys and I won’t die if I don’t get one (pssst... I WILL die if I don’t get one :lol:)

9 hours ago, Drad said:

Never would've guessed that I'd be collecting my Macross machines in this scale. It's a little easier on the wallet at least. That and we actually get enemy units.

I will probably spring for the Bandai DX 1/48 VF-1S Focker, though. Gotta have at least one of those.

Yep, I resisted the HMR line for a while but after getting one (Regult), I realized it was too good to pass up so now I have them all except the first Hikaru 1S release and I will continue to buy any and all that come out.

As for the DX 1/48, yeah...that will be a must have (as are the others to me, lol). I still love 1/48 and 1/60 as they are the pinnacles of toy collecting to me but HMR is just plain fun.

Edited by Slave IV

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yep, I resisted the HMR line for a while but after getting one (Regult), I realized it was too good to pass up so now I have them all except the first Hikaru 1S release and I will continue to buy any and all that come out.

As for the DX 1/48, yeah...that will be a must have (as are the others to me, lol). I still love 1/48 and 1/60 as they are the pinnacles of toy collecting to me but HMR is just plain fun.

I love the HMR line.  

Curious, why didn't you get the first release of the Hikaru 1S 

9 hours ago, fifbeat said:

I love the HMR line.  

Curious, why didn't you get the first release of the Hikaru 1S 

Like I said, I was resisting the line when it first came out. Figured I had no need for smaller, partsforming figures with barely any metal from a line called “Hi-Metal”. By the time I was convinced, the Hikaru 1S was already way out of my price range. No matter how good and how much I like the line, $200+ for it cannot be justified. I almost missed the GBP too but luckily found that for a reasonable price. 

So, the VF-1D... is that it for Macross Hi-Metal R? No Phalanx or Tomahawk? No N-Ger, Q-rau or Regult Scout? TV Max/Kaki 1As & Roy 1S?

The releases have been fewer and fewer. And now we're down to the last few. Honestly, I'm quite shocked/disappointed that the destroids & valks arent already released! I mean, going back to the launch of the "R" line, wasn't it their point they were making ALL of what they initially showed on that poster display? I don't think I would be as upset if they never showed that stuff off & then displayed painted prototypes ... multiple times.

Does anyone know, honestly, if we're ever going to see the line completed as per their initial advertisement?

Bandai released an HMR Monster....a VF-2SS...twice....a VF-4 Lightning, FB2012 no less!.....and just recently a VF-1D........but all of them were teased in some form or other by Bandai at some point...

I think waiting a bit longer for the Tomahawk and Phalanx in exchange for a VF-4 and VF-1D was a fair trade....

The Tomahawk, Phalanx, N-Ger and more will come......eventually....but apparently not on any of our schedules :unknw:

I guess if HMR was the only line of Macross you collected, it could be frustrating waiting for any particular mech...

Solution........just collect other Macross stuff to pass the time inbetween Macross HMR releases! :drinks:

Bandai could have included all the Zentraedi faction within this scale. A Breetai [spelling?] with a bent pipe. Zentraedi soldiers, so you could army build. They do S.H.Figuarts, so you know they can make a badass figure. Meh, dreaming is free i guess. Yeah, i really want a Tomahawk. I have been trying to avoid the Spartan*, but i might cave one of these days.

Edited by vlenhoff
typos

2 hours ago, atreyu2112 said:

So, the VF-1D... is that it for Macross Hi-Metal R? No Phalanx or Tomahawk? No N-Ger, Q-rau or Regult Scout? TV Max/Kaki 1As & Roy 1S?

The releases have been fewer and fewer. And now we're down to the last few. Honestly, I'm quite shocked/disappointed that the destroids & valks arent already released! I mean, going back to the launch of the "R" line, wasn't it their point they were making ALL of what they initially showed on that poster display? I don't think I would be as upset if they never showed that stuff off & then displayed painted prototypes ... multiple times.

Does anyone know, honestly, if we're ever going to see the line completed as per their initial advertisement?

Since the last HMR 1D was just released last month, there isnt any indication of HMR macross releases stopping.
But I suppose you would be impatient, if you only collected HMR macross.

With other 1/60 and 1/48 macross releases, i don't mind Bandai taking their time. My wallet can only absorb so much at once.

Just now, atreyu2112 said:

Someone who works at Bandai knows, but they're not allowed to say, I'm sure.

Just now, vlenhoff said:

Bandai could have included all the Zentraedi faction within this scale. A Breetai [spelling?] with a bent pipe.

FB_IMG_1558120345355.jpg.7e2dadbdc2fab5be97b1dd0385ceca4b.jpg

Well, It's not from Bandai, but there IS a Breetai [with pipe] in the works...

Bandai could have included all the Zentraedi faction within this scale. A Breetai [spelling?] with a bent pipe. Zentraedi soldiers, so you could army build. They do S.H.Figuarts, so you know they can make a badass figure. Meh, dreaming is free i guess. Yeah, i really a Tomahawk. i have been trying to avoid a Spartan*, but i might cave one of these days.

13 minutes ago, slide said:

Someone who works at Bandai knows, but they're not allowed to say, I'm sure.

FB_IMG_1558120345355.jpg.7e2dadbdc2fab5be97b1dd0385ceca4b.jpg

Well, It's not from Bandai, but there IS a Breetai [with pipe] in the works...

Plus, Bandai did already make one

50924457_140814050279186_103539569803901

They just haven’t made it for our consumption (hopefully yet). 

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Bandai released an HMR Monster....a VF-2SS...twice....a VF-4 Lightning, FB2012 no less!.....and just recently a VF-1D........but all of them were teased in some form or other by Bandai at some point...

I think waiting a bit longer for the Tomahawk and Phalanx in exchange for a VF-4 and VF-1D was a fair trade....

The Tomahawk, Phalanx, N-Ger and more will come......eventually....but apparently not on any of our schedules :unknw:

I guess if HMR was the only line of Macross you collected, it could be frustrating waiting for any particular mech...

Solution........just collect other Macross stuff to pass the time inbetween Macross HMR releases! :drinks:

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I think we may see just one more Macross HMR this year. Not more than that. But I hope we get at least one. 

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Bandai could have included all the Zentraedi faction within this scale. A Breetai [spelling?] with a bent pipe. Zentraedi soldiers, so you could army build. They do S.H.Figuarts, so you know they can make a badass figure. Meh, dreaming is free i guess. Yeah, i really a Tomahawk. i have been trying to avoid a Spartan*, but i might cave one of these days.

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Since the last HMR 1D was just released last month, there isnt any indication of HMR macross releases stopping.
But I suppose you would be impatient, if you only collected HMR macross.

With other 1/60 and 1/48 macross releases, i don't mind Bandai taking their time. My wallet can only absorb so much at once.

All well said.