Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I wonder why Hi-Metal R has been the only Macross line to offer enemy units? Do Japanese collectors not like enemies alongside their hero characters? I'm glad we're finally getting them. It's just very odd that it's taken this long.

7 minutes ago, Drad said:

I wonder why Hi-Metal R has been the only Macross line to offer enemy units? Do Japanese collectors not like enemies alongside their hero characters? I'm glad we're finally getting them. It's just very odd that it's taken this long.

Correct, collectors in general, do not appreciate enemy mecha as much as the heroes. Even the SV-262, which is a particularly cool enemy mecha that transforms, sold like a poop in a box (though unkind reviews didn't help). For manufacturers it's a lose/lose: no cheap repaints to pad production costs and low sales volumes. 

That's kind of a bummer. I don't have loads of disposable income, but I was stoked to snag two Regults and a Glaug. Need my enemy squad.

I would like all the VF-0 variants and all the VF-25 variants, plus a VF-27. Don’t even need super/armor packs, but maybe some ordinance on wing hard points.

Twich

9 hours ago, Duymon said:

Trident stand can hold 5 Valks btw. You can use two of the stage 5 arms on the two front holes on the base as well :D

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

There should be another hole somewhere at the front because I’ve put 6 Valks on the Trident stand before.

sh9000 is right. You can put 6 HMR valks in the Trident stand.

Three on the back and three in the front (the attachment for the connectors are at each of the nubs in the center).

DSC01523.jpg

I like so macross designs much and I’ve probably already mentioned that I want them to finish all the og and dyrl designs as well as plus. But as far as zero I like the vf0’s and the restrooms. It would be nice to see some more armored units like the vf11 or vf0.

9 hours ago, Drad said:

Imagine 1:60 scale Monsters, Regults, Glaugs, etc.  We would like them, but where would you put them?  Lack of display space becomes a major issue.  HMR offers a reasonable size for these things.

3 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Imagine 1:60 scale Monsters, Regults, Glaugs, etc.  We would like them, but where would you put them?  Lack of display space becomes a major issue.  HMR offers a reasonable size for these things.

I love my 1/60 Regult :lol:

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I've come to appreciate the quick and intuitive transformation of the HMRs once again, as I box them up for transport.

Boxed several HMRs in the time it took to get a single Arcadia VF-1 from B to F and back in it's box.

It takes me longer to transform the HMR VF-1 because I have to dig through my drawers to find the canopy. :p Also have to swap hands as the transformation hands are awful. 

Seriously, aside from the the arm slider, the transformation is identical... 

It's been two months but I still love my VF-4 Lightning.

The right side kite tampo has a big rub on it from transforming, though, and that bums me out.

Now I'm tempted to get Hikaru's other rides...I didn't like DYRL as much as the TV show, so I'd want the TV H-MR of Hikaru and Fokker's planes.  were they released in HM-R or only the original Hi Metal Revival from 2010 or so?

Also, I don't like the one that looks dark grey.   What do you guys think of that one....too grey, no?

11 minutes ago, onnasake said:

It's been two months but I still love my VF-4 Lightning.

The right side kite tampo has a big rub on it from transforming, though, and that bums me out.

Now I'm tempted to get Hikaru's other rides...I didn't like DYRL as much as the TV show, so I'd want the TV H-MR of Hikaru and Fokker's planes.  were they released in HM-R or only the original Hi Metal Revival from 2010 or so?

Also, I don't like the one that looks dark grey.   What do you guys think of that one....too grey, no?

Hikaru's VF-1J was released as part of his original Hi-Metal line, and also as part of HMR. 

I don't like those grey versions. Valks are supposed to be white. Period. 

NY has Hikaru's in stock:

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/17291-hi-metal-r-vf-1j-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-custom.html

The price is a bit high, though 

51 minutes ago, onnasake said:

Are you asking about the Messer 35th Anniversary livery?

It isn't horrible; however, as a fantasy scheme with Macross Delta elements it was a miss for me. Also, back when it was announced, I was hoping that Bandai would give us either a Roy TV VF-1S or Max DYRL VF-1S custom so that added to my disappointment.

To give context, I ignored Messer's HM-R 1S for a while but eventually picked it up when it went on sale. I will say that it looks better in hand than in the promotional photographs, but aside from the unique paint details and tinted cockpit it's a very basic release. I kind of wish Bandai and/or Arcadia would do something a little more inspired with the special Anniversary Valkyries.

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

Hikaru's VF-1J was released as part of his original Hi-Metal line, and also as part of HMR. 

I don't like those grey versions. Valks are supposed to be white. Period. 

NY has Hikaru's in stock:

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/17291-hi-metal-r-vf-1j-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-custom.html

The price is a bit high, though 

I also agree that the colour of the Hi-metal R VF-1S is too grey.

This is an old pic taken at night but shows the size difference between the 1/100 HMR Regult, and the 1/60 Yamato Regult. Bandai should finish the remaining HMR Destroids and start with more enemy units ASAP.

post-557-0-79802300-1464805296.jpg

36 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

This is an old pic taken at night but shows the size difference between the 1/100 HMR Regult, and the 1/60 Yamato Regult. Bandai should finish the remaining HMR Destroids and start with more enemy units ASAP.

Are the joint giving out on the Regult?

45 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

OMG

On 5/9/2019 at 12:09 AM, treatment said:

Don't you have the regular Hikaru-1J or CF-1A to swap stand-adapters to try with your VT-1?

I've never tried it that way, tho...

I need to find my 1J Hi Metal [not R]

I can't recall if it came with adaptors for the stand. I hope it does. I need to find my 1J anyway, I have enough stands for them now. Also, I got a super Max J from @kkx, and a possible VF-4 from @sh9000. I think that is enough HMR for me. Unless they release the TV Max, TV Kakizake, or the Tomahawk, then i'd go bat shiz-crazy! Bandai, are you listening?

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

It takes me longer to transform the HMR VF-1 because I have to dig through my drawers to find the canopy. :p Also have to swap hands as the transformation hands are awful. 

Seriously, aside from the the arm slider, the transformation is identical... 

The HMR has much easier tolerances to work with. The backpack swivels into fighter position easier and the chestplate snaps into fighter position more easily. The legs and arms get into position with less tweaking.

16 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The HMR has much easier tolerances to work with. The backpack swivels into fighter position easier and the chestplate snaps into fighter position more easily. The legs and arms get into position with less tweaking.

My experience with pretty much every HMR has been the exact opposite.  Legs and arms don't snap into place solidly, and don't line up properly without a lot of massaging (mostly due to the sliding mechanism), while the Yamato/Arcadia ones just click together.  The HMR backpacks never seem to want to snap down between the legs for me, because it seems like the arms are too high to let them fit properly, and even when everything is "together," the backpack, legs, and arms still look like they're not lined up right.

End of the day though, I think people are just going to have different experiences with this, depending on the tolerances of the particular products they receive, and which one they have more practice with.  For me, the HMRs are the ones I keep in a single mode and display so I don't have to dig for spare parts, while I transform my Yamatos back and forth depending on my mood. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal