Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but is there any reason why Bandai changed the way they handle gunpod-holding hands for the VF-1D?  Why did they switch from a hand with a gun grip molded into it, to a open fixed-posed hand that holds a bigger gun grip?  Are they just trying something new, or is there something specific to the VF-1D that makes that a better option?

26 minutes ago, technoblue said:

As far as I know, everything is still hush, hush, and rumor. Bandai hasn't given us anything official and nothing has shown up in any of the usual hobby magazines.

If attendees were given a sneak peek at the latest Tamashii event, then I must confess, I'm jelly. :p

It’s kind of an old pictures. When the VF-4 and VF-2ss were teased. Bandai had prototypes up of the DX YF-19 and VF-19k along with some either HMR or I mistook them for the regular DX releases

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

1886002318_TamashiiNationsMacrossdisplayimage04.jpg.05f019becc6c4a66db671bdcf4fd7e43.jpg

No sure if anyone else has higher res pictures, or a super powered photoshop zoom/image enhancer, do us a favor and enlarge the 2 valks at the back.

This reminds me of CSI the TV show.  They take super grainy CCTV footage and enhance it 1000x to see a face or a registration plate.  We need the same technology here :)

7 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

This reminds me of CSI the TV show.  They take super grainy CCTV footage and enhance it 1000x to see a face or a registration plate.  We need the same technology here :)

Yeah, unfortunately that is mostly just Hollywood stuff.  You can make the picture "bigger," but without a higher resolution, you're not getting any more pixels.  So blowing it up won't really help.

Now if someone has a higher res photo, we could make it bigger and "zoom in."

1 hour ago, VF-Zer0S said:

It’s kind of an old pictures. When the VF-4 and VF-2ss were teased. Bandai had prototypes up of the DX YF-19 and VF-19k along with some either HMR or I mistook them for the regular DX releases

Ah, okay. Seeing the photos I remember that display now. It is an old one.

What's cool is that we have official releases of three of the four Valkyries in the front row of that gallery now: the VF-2SS (Silvie AND Nexx), Isamu's YF-19 from Plus, and the Flashback VF-4. I don't remember seeing any close-up, detailed shots of the Valkyries in the second or third rows but...fuzzy memory or I could have just missed the news. 

32 minutes ago, seti88 said:

No probs.

Bandai wouldnt tease something they already released i.e. DX frontier valks.

Its a HMR VF-25...

I would love a full skull squadron of the HMR VF-25.... with armour and super/tornado parts sets!

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

1886002318_TamashiiNationsMacrossdisplayimage04.jpg.05f019becc6c4a66db671bdcf4fd7e43.jpg

No sure if anyone else has higher res pictures, or a super powered photoshop zoom/image enhancer, do us a favor and enlarge the 2 valks at the back.

From the color of the Valk at the Macross Frontier display, it kind of looks like a VF-27.  Makes me wish even more that the mystery HMR that was recently teased was the VF-27.

5 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

From the color of the Valk at the Macross Frontier display, it kind of looks like a VF-27.  Makes me wish even more that the mystery HMR that was recently teased was the VF-27.

I was thinking the same thing but I hope I’m wrong. Getting all 3 alto Valks would be amazing

38 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yup that thought crossed my mind, but chances of bandai opening a HMR frontier line with a 27 seems slim?

There are probably many people here who'd know the answer to this question: Is the Hi-Metal R VF-1D the only Valkyrie release that includes the proper fighter mode stand adapter?

I'd love to have more of those, preferably without having to buy loads of VF-1Ds.

2 hours ago, Drad said:

There are probably many people here who'd know the answer to this question: Is the Hi-Metal R VF-1D the only Valkyrie release that includes the proper fighter mode stand adapter?

I'd love to have more of those, preferably without having to buy loads of VF-1Ds.

The regular fighter mode stand adapter also comes with the armored VF-1J GBP and the VT-1.

It’s included with the older Hi Metal (non-R) VF-1A and VF-1J releases as well.

Well i got some stands for the fighters/trainers.

20190508_185627.thumb.jpg.8856b33c38ae176c829eb5841d0833a4.jpg20190508_185825.thumb.jpg.33b8030c51c68c3a8ca8acece8402679.jpg

It is a bummer the stand adapter on the VT-1 will not fit with the armor on. Maybe I will have to modify it to fit. 

Edited by vlenhoff
Ha, i just realized the knee was not flush on the 1D, bummer.

while having fun on my ebay app for 10% ebay bux today these three hi metal vf-1's popped in my queue.... such an insanely low price... 

i checked seller feedback and both were in Japan with 99.9% positive and over 4.5k positive feedback. 

after i nabbed all 3 the prices jumped right up to 131 for the hikkies and 236 for the max. whoever set the prices probably flubbed hardcore and they couldn't fix the prices in time. 

99.9% chance the sellers will cancel the order, but ya never know.... 

Screenshot_2019-05-09-00-31-54.thumb.png.8682252f7e0a5178b5cd170eecb2dcbd.png

Edited by Duymon

4 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Well i got some stands for the fighters/trainers.

It is a bummer the stand adapter on the VT-1 will not fit with the armor on. Maybe I will have to modify it to fit. 

Don't you have the regular Hikaru-1J or CF-1A to swap stand-adapters to try with your VT-1?

I've never tried it that way, tho...

Edited by treatment

5 hours ago, treatment said:

Don't you have the regular Hikaru-1J or CF-1A to swap stand-adapters to try with your VT-1?

I've never tried it that way, tho...

The issue isn’t the adapter itself, since the VT-1 comes with the “non-super” version of the adapter. There’s a clearance issue with the width of the adapter once the armor pieces are attached to the legs, since the VT-1 doesn’t have arm armor. It seems to work fine if you lower the arms down to be flush with the legs.

The problem is that the super stand adapter was made for units with arm fastpacks while the regular fighter stand adapter was made for straight legs only.

The VT-1 has legs lowered for fastpacks, but also has no arm fastpacks so it's kinda screwed with either adapter for fastpack fighter.

You'd think that just like with the VE-1 they would've made a custom adapter for fighter mode for the VT-1 :/

Pretty much the only solution is you gotta use a regular fighter  stand adapter, but trim the sides so that it has clearance to fit between lowered legs.

Edited by Duymon

Okay, it's been long enough, what's the next release Bandai? I'm hoping it's not another VF-1 variant, I'd like to see a fan favorite like a VF-0. If it has to be a VF-1, just give us a TV Kaki and Max 1A two pack.

28 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Okay, it's been long enough, what's the next release Bandai? I'm hoping it's not another VF-1 variant, I'd like to see a fan favorite like a VF-0. If it has to be a VF-1, just give us a TV Kaki and Max 1A two pack.

I'm with you, but at this moment I want the damn Tomahawk, the Phalanx and enemy mecha, Nousjadeul Ger and Queadluun Rau please.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Give me more HMR stands first. I am ok for waiting on HMR mecha at the moment to let my wallet breathe...

tamashii_nation2015_0641.jpg.474d055e4aa636683ff2cdc670e41fb1.jpg

Very cool! I’m hoping the launch arm and Zentradi hull stands are going to be our reality this year.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

While I know what I’d like to see as the next Macross HMR, I’d be happy with any announcement at all, to know that the line is alive and well. 

It looks to be alive and thriving. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another release come out of nowhere.

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'm with you, but at this moment I want the damn Tomahawk, the Phalanx and enemy mecha, Nousjadeul Ger and Queadluun Rau please.

Yeah more cannon fodder stuff would be fantastic, and agreed, we need male and female Zen armor.