Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 minute ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Technically, that VF-1S isn’t from the HMR line; it’s from the earlier Hi-Metal line. And no, it doesn’t come with a gun strap. I think that’s some custom work that @sh9000 did.

Oh I got the Hi-Metal 1J, but it is boxed... somewhere, and i could not recall if it had a strap or not. I fully transformed it once, and it went to Gerwalk for years. I need to find it now, that I have more HMR on display. The Regults and Glaug must be... in another box... somewhere.

17 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

This.

16 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Technically, that VF-1S isn’t from the HMR line; it’s from the earlier Hi-Metal line. And no, it doesn’t come with a gun strap. I think that’s some custom work that @sh9000 did.

Yeah it’s a HM VF-1S with a TV Roy pilot, TV hands, and a custom gun strap.

Well, I got my VF-1D today.  I did an inspection and everything looked great.  Then I tried to transform it and discovered that I got Bandai'd!  The plate under the head will tilt forward for the seat gimmick, but it will not tilt past the 90 degree Battroid position to tuck under the cockpit.  It seriously feels like it will snap off at the hinge if I try to bend it past that position.  I may need to figure out some way to push out the roll-pin to figure out what's wrong with it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by DewPoint

1 hour ago, DewPoint said:

Well, I got my VF-1D today.  I did an inspection and everything looked great.  Then I tried to transform it and discovered that I got Bandai'd!  The plate under the head will tilt forward for the seat gimmick, but it will not tilt past the 90 degree Battroid position to tuck under the cockpit.  It seriously feels like it will snap off at the hinge if I try to bend it past that position.  I may need to figure out some way to push out the roll-pin to figure out what's wrong with it.

Mine felt similar. I took off the head and forced it, which worked. 

it was really stiff.  The other releases weren't this stiff, but it'll move.  

2 hours ago, Backlight1 said:

i finally finished painting my vf 4. Added some colors to details and panel lining and finally some glossy varnish. 

Looks great!

1 hour ago, beatsing said:

You could try a hair dryer or hot water to loosen it up.

I'll give it another go in a day or two.  My luck seems to have been going down hill since this morning.  Just in case.  :unsure:

21 hours ago, DewPoint said:

20 hours ago, Jwwu said:

Mine felt similar. I took off the head and forced it, which worked. 

19 hours ago, beatsing said:

it was really stiff.  The other releases weren't this stiff, but it'll move.  

2 hours ago, beatsing said:

You could try a hair dryer or hot water to loosen it up.

I'll give it another go in a day or two.  My luck seems to have been going down hill since this morning.  Just in case.  :unsure:

Yeah.  Mine's quite tight in the same area, too.  Think that's why it can't  extend out in my previous posted pic.

I'm also reluctant to force it for fear of breakage. 

Also, the right foot on mine is exhibiting the same issue as my VT-1 and Hikaru-1A where it somehow can't bend further back for proper GERWALK mode.

Oy vey...:unknw:

21 minutes ago, treatment said:

Yeah.  Mine's quite tight in the same area, too.  Think that's why it can't  extend out in my previous posted pic.

I'm also reluctant to force it for fear of breakage. 

Also, the right foot on mine is exhibiting the same issue as my VT-1 and Hikaru-1A where it somehow can't bend further back for proper GERWALK mode.

Interestingly, I also have a VT-1 and a VF-1A Hikaru with the same leg issue. I feels like it will snap off if you force it. But I can work around that issue.

Messed with the vf-1d from hlj. My first so it was fun. I also can't get the feet to widen out enough for proper gerwalk mode look :( At first I thought there were two clicks for the feet to pull out because after the first click, the back heel doesn't go back far enough I feel for stability. Now I'm seeing some previous comments that this is an anomaly?

1 hour ago, gerwookie said:

Messed with the vf-1d from hlj. My first so it was fun. I also can't get the feet to widen out enough for proper gerwalk mode look :( At first I thought there were two clicks for the feet to pull out because after the first click, the back heel doesn't go back far enough I feel for stability. Now I'm seeing some previous comments that this is an anomaly?

I share your frustration. The heels on line are the same. Not sure what’s going.

Also, mine arrived missing a larger wing. I contacted AE and hope to receive a replacement soon.

ger wookie, is it the right foot?  On most of the previous valks, the feet can rotate back to do an aggro stance.  On both the VF1D and the Ostrich, I found that the right foot only rotates a little bit, but the left foot rotates as far as the other valks so it can bend very far, it's not about how many clicks, it's how much it rotates.

I think I posted photos about the ostrich right foot not fully rotating a while back in this thread.  No fix yet.

Edited by beatsing
spelling

11 hours ago, treatment said:

I had the same prob, but I noticed that it would go back with steady, careful pressure.  Once it did it became much easier.  You just have to force it.

Edited by Pontus
Grammar.

1 hour ago, Pontus said:

I had the same prob, but I noticed that it would go back with steady, careful pressure.  Once it did it became much easier.  You just have to force it.

Any picture so I know how far back its supposed to go? I see this metal tab (that's exposed when front toe is pointed down) that turns with the back toe rotation. Transforming has never been so precarious!

9 hours ago, beatsing said:

ger wookie, is it the right foot?  On most of the previous valks, the feet can rotate back to do an aggro stance.  On both the VF1D and the Ostrich, I found that the right foot only rotates a little bit, but the left foot rotates as far as the other valks so it can bend very far, it's not about how many clicks, it's how much it rotates.

I think I posted photos about the ostrich right foot not fully rotating a while back in this thread.  No fix yet.

Sorry I see now what you mean by rotates. And it's on both feet I believe. Hope these pictures can help better than I describe.

IMG-4230.jpg

IMG-4231.jpg

11 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

My Vf-1D has this problem as well. Right foot won't rotate back. So Gerwalk poses and severely limited. I've been as gentle as i can, and it wont do it. 

I had this same issue on both of my HMR VT-1's. 

I’ve had the issue on all my hmr vf 1’s some are more stiff than others, but you can usually work them loose. It’s always that right foot. Either that or the left foot is actually the messed up one and rotates too much and we all thought that’s how it’s supposed to be.

12 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Is it suppose to have as much rotation travel backwards as far as it does forward? I also felt like the back rotation for both the feet seemed a bit limiting on my 1D.

It is as far as my other VF-1s go.  I've never seen it not swing all the way forward for that slamming on the brakes look.  But it doesn't always swing all the way back for the iconic Gerwalk look.  Both feet should have the same range of motion.

I've had one or two that were stiff, but you can feel it move.  For those, I was able to massage it slowly to the full back position.  For the VT-1 and the Hikaru VF-1A, they will not budge past the upright Battroid standing position.  I get reminded of what happened to Jenius's HMR VF-1S shoulder joint and I get worried.

Edited by DewPoint
afterthought