Hi-Metal R

joppewo

3 hours ago, RDX17 said:

Here's hoping we get a good Macross Hi-Metal R announcement from the Tamashii Nations Tokyo event. Only a few more hours. :)

Hmm.. Has there been any rhyme or reason to the HMR release announcements? 

19 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Yeah, I'm like 96.35% sure that's not gonna be Macross.

Unless Minmei got a new machine for the fighting.

There’s been a LOT of guessing on that one. They should have had a guessing contest ,if only to hype up the final reveal. I guess just showing that has generated plenty of hype..;)

51 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Unless Minmei got a new machine for the fighting.

My username heartily approves of this comment.

5 minutes ago, DWN013 said:

IMG_3378-2.thumb.jpg.59f7e860f2157e4b5acf9208c0b20942.jpgThanks for the wings and backseat figure, bandai! /s

The missiles and pilots definitely make it look more “military.”

I had thought of doing the same with the CF pilots. Glad to know they work well.

:good:

42 minutes ago, DWN013 said:

Eventually I'll repaint this setup as VF-21 Freelancers, once i get an airbrush and lots of airbrush experience (and a house with a room to do that in)

22 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.20190425_212423_1024.jpg.25d368d1b

large.20190425_213025_1024.jpg.00856bd28

Nice use of the armor.

51 minutes ago, DWN013 said:

I'm no @Saburo, but here we go:

IMG_3370-2.thumb.jpg.f5340fe09b78eb268ca5f2af977df6ba.jpgIMG_3373-2.thumb.jpg.ef3b9cd3c0bd94fddd103c8dc5b20400.jpgIMG_3378-2.thumb.jpg.59f7e860f2157e4b5acf9208c0b20942.jpgIMG_3381-2.thumb.jpg.210fbd191299aa2d07de96eb81fd2ef2.jpg

Thanks for the wings and backseat figure, bandai! /s

Eventually I'll repaint this setup as VF-21 Freelancers, once i get an airbrush and lots of airbrush experience (and a house with a room to do that in)

Cool.  You can also make a CF VF-1D.

4 hours ago, RDX17 said:

Here's hoping we get a good Macross Hi-Metal R announcement from the Tamashii Nations Tokyo event. Only a few more hours. :)

I'm not putting any hopes up for any HMR announcement based on the Twitter photo feed from the said event. #tn_tokyo

https://twitter.com/hashtag/tn_tokyo?src=hash

https://tamashii.jp/tokyo/

Yeah, blue guy is L-Gaim Batshu, so another HMR series started without finishing others. My biggest hope is that they keep making Dougram and Macross to completion. 

I don't think we have an HMR announced after the Korchima Soltic (and Batshu there...).

Edited by easnoddy

8 hours ago, mapendieck said:

google thanos

click the glove

ya welcome

Neat, thanks!

BTW that DYRL beam cannons are vertical? Is this part of a custom?

Too bad the HMR 1D has no hard point in the wings, bummer.

Edited by vlenhoff

Just picked a pair of VF-1Ds up from the post office, messed with one a bit.  That head transformation into fighter was a bit hairy, I had to snap the hip bar under the head before I even connected the chest and backplates.  Looks good otherwise though, and I'm glad to see they actually included the normal fighter mode stand adapter this time. :p 

Started work on some hardpoints to adapt.. not sure if I'll go ahead with just gluing these onto the underside of the wings, or painting them first.  I'm curious if glue would even hold them well enough.

hardpoints.jpg.a70f31a701b177155032bf402aaaa4b5.jpg

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

That head transformation into fighter was a bit hairy, I had to snap the hip bar under the head before I even connected the chest and backplates.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that got stuck there. The VF-1D did feel bit more challenging to transform.

14 hours ago, Pontus said:

Does anyone know if the chest piece is interchangeable with the HMR line?  I might like to pick this up for spare parts and to change my brownie to a Kakizaki.

Yes, the HMR VF-1 chest plate can be popped off without any tools, unless they changed it on the 1D (not at home atm to check). 

5 hours ago, DWN013 said:

I'm no @Saburo, but here we go:

IMG_3370-2.thumb.jpg.f5340fe09b78eb268ca5f2af977df6ba.jpgIMG_3373-2.thumb.jpg.ef3b9cd3c0bd94fddd103c8dc5b20400.jpgIMG_3378-2.thumb.jpg.59f7e860f2157e4b5acf9208c0b20942.jpgIMG_3381-2.thumb.jpg.210fbd191299aa2d07de96eb81fd2ef2.jpg

Thanks for the wings and backseat figure, bandai! /s

Oh that looks nice! 

Edited by Lolicon

15 hours ago, Pontus said:

Does anyone know if the chest piece is interchangeable with the HMR line?  I might like to pick this up for spare parts and to change my brownie to a Kakizaki.

The chest plate on the VF-1D is unique to that design, so it won't be interchangeable with any of the other VF-1s, sadly.

FC67A7AF-374E-41F4-B6EC-AAC74AAF633B.thumb.jpeg.b1293d8f5a04878b5bdf4a1e71cf4be6.jpeg

Some fuselages are held on tighter than others.  Some slide off.  It might be random.  This one on HMR VF-1J Max just slid off.  Once I get my spare VF-1D’s I think I’ll pry one off if one doesn’t come off easily.  Then I’ll try to figure out how to attach it to a Battroid arm.

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

8 days and my VF-1D has finally left Japan after leaving CD Japan's care.

My CD Japan order took 3 days to leave Japan and got into customs yesterday.  The last time my VF-4 spent a whole week in customs before the post office received it.  I don't know who caused that delay, but I expect it to me similar this time around.  I'll see my VF-1D in May most likely. :mellow:

Edited by DewPoint

15 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Just picked a pair of VF-1Ds up from the post office, messed with one a bit.  That head transformation into fighter was a bit hairy, I had to snap the hip bar under the head before I even connected the chest and backplates.  Looks good otherwise though, and I'm glad to see they actually included the normal fighter mode stand adapter this time. :p 

Started work on some hardpoints to adapt.. not sure if I'll go ahead with just gluing these onto the underside of the wings, or painting them first.  I'm curious if glue would even hold them well enough.

Mine too.  Is it due to the shape of the back of the 1d head?  There isn't a lot of clearance back there.

15 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

The chest plate on the VF-1D is unique to that design, so it won't be interchangeable with any of the other VF-1s, sadly.

I was talking about the HM non-R for sale being compatible with my HMR brownie.

I know it may be wrong thread, but it is related to HMR

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1067142673&ref=list&keyword=Macross hi-metal&lang=en

Missle set for 8000 Yen. And I know it will get more visibility.

Edited by Alphahorizon

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice! The 1D looks like he got surprised at being photographed, looking at the camera and the extended length of his lasers!

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Bolt said:

Very cool. Wow, I never realized how long those head lasers are on the D..

Thanks!

Not that I would know of anything, but it looks like the silhouette looks a little like the VF-27 with its giant gun.  That would be cool if they did do a HMR VF-25 and VF-27!

Twich