Price: 8990 yen

Contents

- sitting Minmay figure x 1

- optional wing set with hardpoints x 1

- TV missiles x 4

- damaged left arm x 1

- damaged chest plate x 1

- partially drunk Orange Julius x 1

My wish is for a crawling, dying Zentraedi figure to be included. How much more would that cost? x2? :P

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

TWE Hi-Metal R VF-1D Option Set

Release date: Novermber 2019

Price: 8990 yen

Contents

- sitting Minmay figure x 1

- optional wing set with hardpoints x 1

- TV missiles x 4

- damaged left arm x 1

- damaged chest plate x 1

- partially drunk Orange Julius x 1

Throw in 
- Detached fuselage.
- Corrected back cover.

and am all in!

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

You forgot to provide the link

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000134667

Curses! Got me again!

On 4/21/2019 at 11:13 PM, rdrunner said:

You know, I wasn’t a believer in the HMR series but bought my first one because I am a sucker for the GBP armour. Then over time it had grown on me, because I can really play with these unlike the 1/60’s or even the 1/48’s that I felt I had to transform with utmost care, for fear that I break an out-of-production figure. It’s like handling the 1/55 chunky monkey again - you can just mess with it and have some real fun. 

Another draw to the line is the promise of enemy mecha and non-valk variants like the Destroids and the Monster. These really make the collection much more interesting and due to their size, it’s unlikely that we will see them in other larger scales anytime soon. 

But anyway I understand and respect your decision, hopefully you’ll have luck getting more of the old 1/60’s or the new DX VF-1 line. 

This.  I play with the HMR line cuz it doesn't break easily.  Breaking a HMR is cheaper than breaking a yammie.  But the parts on the HMRjust pop back on.  So it's fun.

12 hours ago, seti88 said:

Going into Box photography? :p 
Mine is still in Tokyo, so as usual living vicariously thru the pics! ;)  

LOL, I do like to take pics of the boxes when they arrive, it just so happens that I have the hanger setup to take the box photo with. :lol:

4 hours ago, beatsing said:

Saburo, your hangar is really cool.  Is it custom?

Thank you @beatsing, yes its a custom, I designed the graphics and FEXT Hobby made it for me.

All we wanted, ever since we watched that 2nd episode back in the 80s.

Also, this group shot is something i never thought I would ever have. Thanks to Takatoku, Yamato, Bandai, and others who kept this alive. Specially thanks to all Macross fans who kept this hobby alive with  their passion, and hard earned cash, over the years.

Really, really cool stuff!

20190423_151531.jpg

56 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Nice pic @vlenhoff.

My VF-1D from Amazon JP came in this morning and I’ll check it out later.  B))

D99620B1-38CA-4813-93BF-92EA00AC7C49.jpeg.256d5c7b26b7a632d675997784b06c14.jpeg

So did mine, it’s quite nice. Though, one of the hand swivels was installed upside down. It still works fine but when the hand is stowed in fighter mode it leaves a little gap.

Chris

22 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Oh did you paint the back cover or is that from the VT-1? 

What a great recreation of the iconic image of Hikaru all alone in the 1D at the start of the series. Yup, definitely no other characters were with him. :rolleyes:

Swapped out the back panel with the super O. Notice the straight alignment of the fins, not two in parallel. But I figured that’s less of an eyesore than the incorrect colour....:5:

Edited by rdrunner

2 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Swapped out the back panel with the super O. Notice how it has only one fin, not two. But I figured that’s less of eyesore than the incorrect colour....:5:

Good job! It does look better that way. 

I will break down one of these days and just paint it. Maybe. 

14 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Good job! It does look better that way. 

I will break down one of these days and just paint it. Maybe. 

Actually I noticed that the back cover is molded in *orange* for the 1D, and had a small area near the hinge painted beige. The VT-1 cover was molded in beige, and then painted orange for the “V” shaped bit behind the cockpit. 

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

Actually I noticed that the back cover is molded in *orange* for the 1D, and had a small area near the hinge painted beige. The VT-1 cover was molded in beige, and then painted orange for the “V” shaped bit behind the cockpit. 

Yeah, I noticed that too just now. I'm wondering if Bandai thought the mismatched orange would stand out more if they molded in tan and painted the orange. The orange plastic makes it match exactly to the orange on the chestpiece. I'm thinking about swapping that piece as well. Did you have to take out that screw in the back on the underside to free up that piece?

46 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

What a great recreation of the iconic image of Hikaru all alone in the 1D at the start of the series. Yup, definitely no other characters were with him. :rolleyes:

From what I recall, Minmei never occupied the rear seat in the show while the VF-1D was in fighter mode... 

45 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Swapped out the back panel with the super O. Notice the straight alignment of the fins, not two in parallel. But I figured that’s less of an eyesore than the incorrect colour....:5:

Do you have the VF-1D's back panel on the Super Ostrich now? Got pics of that?

20 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Yeah, I noticed that too just now. I'm wondering if Bandai thought the mismatched orange would stand out more if they molded in tan and painted the orange. The orange plastic makes it match exactly to the orange on the chestpiece. I'm thinking about swapping that piece as well. Did you have to take out that screw in the back on the underside to free up that piece? 

Yup, just unscrew the single screw next to the hinge, and carefully pry open and wiggle the back cover out of the hinge. Swap and replace screw, done:D

6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Do you have the VF-1D's back panel on the Super Ostrich now? Got pics of that?

I am more of a fan of the TV series so I prioritised the look of the 1D over the VT-1. Having said that, since the back cover is always under the booster unit anyway, it wouldn’t have mattered to me. :lol:

41218F1E-0301-424F-BCD9-6690FDAD223D.thumb.jpeg.b42b11159b3c60a568dd4d309253f172.jpeg

D7404CF2-4013-4295-B5A6-886D79A67AEE.jpeg

46 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

From what I recall, Minmei never occupied the rear seat in the show while the VF-1D was in fighter mode... 

I guess Gerwalk doesn’t count?  Or riding in disconnected  fuselage/cockpit while under slung  to Roy’s VF-1S arm?:huh:

Edited by Bolt

13 minutes ago, treatment said:

How did you managed to get the head extended way out the chest/black-collar?

Mine can only go so far as below:

hmr-vf1d-neck-issue.thumb.jpg.ba5d9de6ce74825efcf4016fcb94bcbb.jpg

The head and neck does not extend further than that before dislodging completely.

I’m just guessing here. Can you turn the head sideways first, extend the hinge more, and then turn the head back facing front again? Maybe that can help.

9 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Nice mod and no painting required! The placement of the back plate fins would not matter as much as the scheme, in fact i hardly noticed the difference till you pointed it out...

Thanks @seti88, I couldn’t stand the colour and that was the only option I had. But my OCD self keeps telling me “wrong fins, wrong fins!”:lol: