Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Yeah, cameras on phones keep getting better and better with the main drawback being the lens since you obviously can’t compete with a large lens with better materials, engineering and hefty price tag. 

But as mentioned, composition and lighting is more important than the equipment you use. 

Not to derail this further into a camera thread, but aside from the optics, the actual focal length of the lens has a huge impact on how the subject of your photo appears. Most phone cameras use a very wide angle (short focal length), which is making the nose of that VT-1 look much larger, which might be the look some are going for. A shorter focal length also makes it harder to make things in the background appear out of focus.

Bandai's Tamashi line is chock full of re-issues this quarter. Most are Patlabor. The even skipped to the lesser known Techno Police(Bubblegum Crisis' spiritual inspiration) so who knows when the next Macross mechs comes up?

I think there is a tamashii event thingy on the 27th of this month? Perhaps there would be some HMR news soon...

However, there is also supposed to be some 1/48 Supers and GBP news too....so i dont know if there would be slots available for macross HMR..

Edited by seti88

8 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I think there is a tamashii event thingy on the 27th of this month? Perhaps there would be some HMR news soon...

However, there is also supposed to be some 1/48 Supers and GBP news too....so i dont know if there would be slots available for macross HMR..

1/48 Supers and GBP news? My poor wallet :/

5 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

Bandai's Tamashi line is chock full of re-issues this quarter. Most are Patlabor. The even skipped to the lesser known Techno Police(Bubblegum Crisis' spiritual inspiration) so who knows when the next Macross mechs comes up?

Wait what? Bandai is doing Patlabors this quarter?! Link please

Stil waiting for my VF-4, but at least the Glaug came in. Didn't imagine it is that big, that will be my favorite HM-R from now on, love it! :D

By the way, is this Macross or Battletech?

IMG_6421.thumb.jpg.8b43c865748550ce49e5fc7a434579e1.jpg

After all these scale discussions concerning HM-R: The Glaug matches perfectly to my 1/60 scale Madcat :good:

Edited by CrossAir

Well, this is a little disconcerting.  Checked Ami Ami just now, and the VF-1D doesn't seem to exist.  At first I just clicked on my pre-order link to the listing and it came up as "item not found."  Then I did a search which also came up short.  I hope this is simply a symptom of a change in status from pre-order to shipping.

13 minutes ago, Bolt said:

The Glaug is definitely Macross( if that’s what you were asking)

Glaug is also the Marauder from Battletech, Because FASA...... "the unseen" is an interesting google-dive for those unfamiliar with BT.

Edited by slide

5 minutes ago, slide said:

Glaug is also the Marauder from Battletech, Because FASA...... "the unseen" is an interesting google-dive for those unfamiliar with BT.

Exactly. In the beginning the Marauder always has been my favorite mech, but I never got hands on a big model matching my Madcat. But thanks to FASA "stealing" it over from Macross the HM-R Glaug now can serve for Macross as well as for BT. Of course Macross always will be top priority that's why I put the U.N.Spacy logo on the Madcat. 

On 4/11/2019 at 8:46 PM, vlenhoff said:

You ordered 6???!!!

No wait, why am I surprised? I know you like multiples. I do too!

Sure thing, just let me know, and, again, Thanks so much!

@vlenhoff if you need a VF-4 right away, there is one available in the for sale section for $114.99 plus shipping.  

The cost of each of my 6 was $94.66 and if you can wait then it will be that price plus shipping available in May coming by registered ferry.

1 hour ago, slide said:

I played battle tech in the 80’s. I’m quite familiar with the Macross rip off designs. 

It’s an original Macross design. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

It’s also one of the first to not have a window. I can’t remember for sure but I think every other Valk release had a window on the box. 

He's a shy type alien murdering machine!